Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Copy pasting my comment as I made it just before thread 9 was being closed, without realising.

Hi all. New to WS & have read rules so hope I am following them appropriately.
Some q's:
1. On one of the earlier, now closed threads, I recall reference to WC using PUA websites - or did I misinterpret this?
2. It's unusual for a crime such as this to escalate from "nothing" right? No sexually deviant history -> flashing -> kidnap & murder a few days later. JMO?
3. What about EC. What is the significance of her being released on pre-charge bail? Does this mean they have something on her or not. I wonder if any details will emerge about EC & WC marriage. Sounds/looks picture perfect, but behind closed doors is often another matter entirely.
4. Other than LinkedIn has anybody identified more social media presence for him?

RIP to poor Sarah.

Hi all. New to WS & have read rules so hope I am following them appropriately.

2. It's unusual for a crime such as this to escalate from "nothing" right? No sexually deviant history -> flashing -> kidnap & murder a few days later. JMO?

RIP to poor Sarah.

Hey T, welcome to WS. I’ll add my own insight to question 2 if I may. I followed the Libby Squires case here. She was tragically raped and murdered by an opportunistic assailant. He had absolutely no previous convictions and was a family man with a wife and two kids. After his arrest the police linked him to numerous crimes of voyeurism (watching couples have sex through windows) stealing vibrators, masterbating against windows. Basically he liked scaring women and seeing their shocked reactions. He was subsequently found guilty of Libby’s rape and murder. He too had been escalating but had not yet been caught for those crimes, even though at some scenes DNA was present.

WC could be entirely different in this regard. But the accusations of indecent exposure just three days before rang warning bells for me. I don’t think it will be the first time, but perhaps becoming more brazen to get his kicks?

All just my opinion.

I’m new to WS, can someone advise how they think this will play out from previous cases experience? I assume his trial is months away, are the public likely to be shown any evidence/cctv/info before the trial has taken place? We obviously want a fair trial but the public interest in the case is massive, can they hide it from everyone much longer?

Potentially the ANPR could have lead them to a rough area, but to find the precise location in the middle of nowhere they would have spent days searching, the appeared to go there very swiftly.MOO is EC ended up telling them, I can’t see any other possibility

Perhaps. If he told them where she was why was he only just charged tonight though?

Potentially the ANPR could have lead them to a rough area, but to find the precise location in the middle of nowhere they would have spent days searching, the appeared to go there very swiftly.MOO is EC ended up telling them, I can’t see any other possibility

I think it’s possible they took the GPS from the car as soon as he was arrested because at that point they believed SE was alive and needed to find her. This will have been a priority. They could access his movement history in minutes and narrowed down the time frame to immediately after she disappeared. If he took her to ashford site then bingo- they knew where to look.

Equipment on helicopters could have helped to survey the land and see any disturbance. Dogs can also help.

I am very curious about what lead them to this location too. I wonder if he was picked up on anpr in the area.

IMO, it could’ve been a number of things:
- WC told them where to go
- he spilled to his wife or someone else and they told LE
- they executed a search warrant on his phone data and it pinged a tower near the site
- they deduced that it was a likely location (JMO but I think I saw it mentioned in an article that he went there with his family on walks)

MOO

@TheEditor said:
If you murder someone and then transport them somewhere it's not kidnap. He's got a kidnapping charge presumably because he drove her somewhere alive first.

Not true. The offence of kidnapping can occur within seconds-- and no surprise that WC was first held under this charge. I have little doubt that he will be indicted for the same.

Kidnapping is a common-law offence --and is triable only on indictment.
(It may be classified in class 2A, 2B or 3—see Criminal Practice Directions XIII Listing, para B: Classification).

The common law definition is not unlike the U.S. where pretty much anytime you're confined, held, or moved against your will is legally kidnapping.

Elements of the offence
In R v D the Court of Appeal held that on a charge of kidnapping the prosecution must prove:

1. the taking or carrying away of one person by another

2. by force or fraud

3. without the consent of the person so taken or carried away, and

4. without lawful excuse
Common law offence of kidnapping | Legal Guidance | LexisNexis

I think it’s possible they took the GPS from the car as soon as he was arrested because at that point they believed SE was alive and needed to find her. This will have been a priority. They could access his movement history in minutes and narrowed down the time frame to immediately after she disappeared. If he took her to ashford site then bingo- they knew where to look.

or the SD card that was mentioned in MSM as being removed from the house came from a vehicle?

He was a mechanic, so would know about the presence of SD cards, their role in tracking, and how to remove it

JMO - including the hike in this theory, which is why didn’t he dispose of it. One flush would presumably have sufficed

I’m new to WS, can someone advise how they think this will play out from previous cases experience? I assume his trial is months away, are the public likely to be shown any evidence/cctv/info before the trial has taken place? We obviously want a fair trial but the public interest in the case is massive, can they hide it from everyone much longer?

We won't know any of the evidence until the trial which might not even be until next year.

Interesting that he had several advisories for dirty number plate and tyre treads when it appears the Seat at least was very clean when taken away by police. Was it the Seat that the advisories were for?

For a Police Officer, having such dirty number plates to obscure visibility seems unthinkable - unless it was deliberate.

Hmm in the absence of anything concrete l am going to err on side of caution and think she was not aware of his crime. Her arrest could have been a matter of course, she could have been co-erced, duped..too many ifs for me at the moment.

GPS in his car? Sat nav location history possibly. Phone pings could have played a role. They were at the house then at the woods pretty soon after.

Interesting that he had several advisories for dirty number plate and tyre treads when it appears the Seat at least was very clean when taken away by police. Was it the Seat that the advisories were for?

Tagging @Number8 too because you asked for source.

MODS this is from a UK government website, so I’m presuming it’s permitted? But could somebody please advise me if it’s not.

Yes, they were for the Seat. Here are the past two years. Latest one was Jan 2021.

You’d think a police officer might be more diligent over his tyre treads and plate.

Attachments

• 1EF8BA8C-1FB5-435C-AF08-A6F659B8693E.jpeg
    1EF8BA8C-1FB5-435C-AF08-A6F659B8693E.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 512
  • 6D3CB176-6FB5-468E-AA97-5283634A6935.jpeg
    6D3CB176-6FB5-468E-AA97-5283634A6935.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 529
  • 030735D5-223D-4931-8475-CC23C9BC94E7.jpeg
    030735D5-223D-4931-8475-CC23C9BC94E7.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 446
Status
Not open for further replies.