Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
*edited to keep comment general, in light of recent developments.

Hi all, lurked for years and finally joined having been following poor Sarah's case closely. We're of a similar age, both from Yorkshire, both Durham grads. It's such a heart-breaking case, and her family and friends remain in my thoughts.

I believe this is within the rules, as it is a general comment which I feel may have some relevance regarding the wider discussion that has taken place across threads in relation to Ring doorbell cams. I had planned to mention a few other thoughts, but will keep it as generic as possible being UK-based and a wary first-time poster (I do not want to be the cause of any more time outs/disruptions to the thread at all!). Please do correct me if I have erred in my understanding of the rules.

I live on a busy south-facing main road, and our front door is set back from the pavement by about 5-6m (down the side of the building). You have to do a lot of trial and error with the setup of Ring so that it is not constantly activating/going off, and even with 'the perfect setup' you still get false/irrelevant alerts caused by shadows, moths, cobwebs etc. Everyone else on the street (terraced) has their front door straight out onto the public pavement - we seem to be the only users of Ring (or anything similar). Our next door neighbour installed CCTV over his front door, but it was quickly turned off and hasn't been used in years. Alert-based CCTV, in my experience, would be a nightmare if it was setup to catch all movement on the pavement and/or road. You would have thousands of clips a day to plough through just to check a parcel had actually been delivered (etc.)! I believe there may also be GDPR implications for privately-owned cameras setup to record public roads and pavements. Your phone battery, as well as the camera device battery (if used - most Ring doorbells are) would be exhausted, fast. Same with the paid cloud storage (30 days seems to only be a guide, if you have a shedload of clips you don't usually get the full 30 day history).

On this basis, I believe pcb has a strong theory. IMO it is unlikely a Ring cam was setup to capture general traffic moving in the area, looking at the general layout of residential properties vs pavements in the area. It suggests that SE and/or her attacker strayed closer to a residential property (whether on Poynders or nearby) than the pavement or main road. Personally, I do not foresee this footage being made public, I would imagine it could be quite valuable evidence at trial. All MOO, obviously.

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere that I have missed, I did my best to catch up but this thread has been moving like lightening so sometimes I have to scan-read!

I've posted a few times about hiring a parking spot.

If that was a private driveway, then doorbell footage becomes a lot more likely.

And would mention if it alert offender? Possible not, as Sarah was the only person mentioned, plus the part of the street. And I don't think anyone assumed at the time police first talked about that footage that it could be from a property.

JMO

Does anyone think he will plead not guilty? I know we won;t get a plea yet but just wondering your thoughts?

Good morning all.

What if WC is entirely uncooperative during his hearing? For example, he refuses to confirm his name or address? Do they just take his silence as confirmation.

Silly questions I know, but I've only ever watched court cases where the defendant is relatively cooperative.

Police van there all night, with police at front of property.
Police vans, cars arriving now, 4 police again entering property further down road x

Good morning @LeopardLeotard I hope you enjoyed your Irish coffee and rest yesterday! I’m very intrigued by this property down the road. Does this give them access at the back to something they can’t access from elsewhere? I can’t think why they’d repeatedly be going in there. Unless the occupants are somehow connected or related to WC.

MOO.

I cant comment on London courts as I’m nowhere near, but i live in sw uk and dp has just done 2 weeks jury service at crown court and they are still having people in even through covid, both for trials and plea hearings etc, not doing it by video link.

Possible they could have seen WCs car pulled up and SE talking to him through the window?

Would have made him the last person to see her alive and also could explain why they had people at his house watching him. JMO

Former police officer Wayne was identified by street level doorbell cameras at the time that Sarah was abducted. He was the last person to see Sarah alive.

How long was it before Sarah's disappearance was understood as an abduction? The reason that this is an international story is because a police officer is the culprit.

I'm curious how long she was alive after abduction, how many hours between police recognizing this as a serious situation, and how many hours before police started looking - and no, this is not a racist issue.

I cant comment on London courts as I’m nowhere near, but i live in sw uk and dp has just done 2 weeks jury service at crown court and they are still having people in even through covid, both for trials and plea hearings etc, not doing it by video link.

Yes, Crown Courts tend to have attendance in person (and there's a hell of a backlog owing to covid)

Today is magistrates - separate set up - will only confirm is identity and the charges, and send it over to the crown courts. He's bound to be remanded in custody.

Former police officer Wayne was identified by street level doorbell cameras at the time that Sarah was abducted. He was the last person to see Sarah alive.

How long was it before Sarah's disappearance was understood as an abduction? The reason that this is an international story is because a police officer is the culprit.

I'm curious how long she was alive after abduction, how many hours between police recognizing this as a serious situation, and how many hours before police started looking - and no, this is not a racist issue.
Apparently it took about 36 hours before police made an appeal for information. I'm not sure at what point they realized it was an abduction. They are reportedly investigating the Met's "initial investigation" into her disappearance. Imo

Last edited:
Apparently it took about 36 hours before police made an appeal for information. I'm not sure at what point they realized it was an abduction. They are reportedly investigating the "initial investigation" into her disappearance. Imo

She was reported missing at around 8pm in the 4th of March. I don’t think it was 36 hours. I could of course be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member