Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kent_999s On Facebook, independent journalist just posted sandwich scene live on Facebook. Kent_999s

Definitely something going on there. Long shots of through the tent, with some procedure going on, Police Ambulance and something happening in the ambulance. Possibly body parts. Shots of Police going over to taped off recycling bins? JMO

Sorry to sound gruesome, but do you think that they might have found body parts or potentially another body?

Based on where they are searching, unlikely. It’s a VERY public walkway with a very stagnant bit of river. There’s also been loads of clearance of land recently, so the overgrown areas that were there aren’t now.

ETA: You can see metal fencing in the 999 video - that used to be vegetation scrub type stuff, but is now clear. They’ve cleared land the other side of the river as well.

He may not have necessarily spoken. IMO it’s highly unlikely. Police can charge for murder with circumstantial evidence even without a body. Bernadette Walkers body hasn’t been found but her step fathers trial starts in June for her murder.

There’s some interesting points on it here.
April Jones: Murder trials without a body
I understand that they don't always need a body to prove death but surely they had to have something that made them believe she was deceased? Circumstantial etc.. but wjat could that be?
With April Jones wasn't their bone fragments found in his coal/log fire?

He may not have necessarily spoken. IMO it’s highly unlikely. Police can charge for murder with circumstantial evidence even without a body. Bernadette Walkers body hasn’t been found but her step fathers trial starts in June for her murder.

There’s some interesting points on it here.
April Jones: Murder trials without a body

so from memory he was initially arrested on suspicion of kidnapping; to arrest in England there needs to be a reasonable grounds to suspect you have been involved in a crime. The threshold is (according to attorneys on previous threads) not as high as in US. I believe once they found “remains” they arrested him (not charged) with murder, without waiting for a formal identification, presumably, because a woman last seen with him (cctv evidence confirming) has not been found alive and well and now a body has been found in close proximity to suspect’s address, which would be (I believe) sufficient to establish reasonable grounds to believe involved in committing the offence of murder. Once you get to charging there’s a higher threshold and CPS approve charging and proceeding with the prosecution (this is my general legal understanding and happy to be corrected in detail). Hence post identification of the body as SE’s and on the basis of evidence available To police which we will not see until trial, the CPS made the decision on Friday to charge. JMO I would add.

Based on where they are searching, unlikely. It’s a VERY public walkway with a very stagnant bit of river. There’s also been loads of clearance of land recently, so the overgrown areas that were there aren’t now.

ETA: You can see metal fencing in the 999 video - that used to be vegetation scrub type stuff, but is now clear. They’ve cleared land the other side of the river as well.
Thanks, always so helpful to have some local knowledge.

Just seen an article online (The Sun) that he will continue to get full pay until the trial verdict if he pleads not guilty.

The fact that they have sealed off a river walk and recycling bin makes me think police suspect he’s disposed of some evidence here, but just MOO

Also agreed. Its a walk way without vehicle access then a grass verge down to river so would have to deposit on foot. My suspicion is phone or something similar. Small and easy to conceal.

It makes me wonder though, why didn’t she jump out the car? It must have stopped at more than one traffic light coming out of London and as far as I am aware you can’t child lock the front seats - I’ve googled, can’t find an official source that says this but most come up saying you can’t - any car people know for def if you can child lock the front seat?

it makes me wonder about a weapon, there was a case in the US, Kelsey Smith where she was abducted in her own car and drove 20 miles before being killed but he used a gun.. but again, cars have to stop at traffic lights so why not use this time to get out?? Frozen in fear maybe? But wouldn’t survival instinct kick in?

edit - or knocked unconscious?

I can't help but think of a recent personal experience, and also Sammantha Josephson: Sammantha entered a vehicle she believed was the Uber she requested. She was trapped inside the vehicle by the child-proof locks-- and driven more than 70 miles away from where she was abducted. She was stabbed more than 30 times and left in woods also located near the suspect's childhood home.

Have we been able to determine exactly how far SE was from her home when she disappeared?
If SE was around Poynder Rd/ Clarence Ave, google map cites this about 6 mins by car or 15-minute walk.

What was the weather like when SE walking home? Any sudden change after she left her friend's apartment?

Relative to SE accepting a ride by the wrong person, recently, walking home from Postal Office, there was a sudden cloud burst. Picking up my pace, I stumbled crossing the road, and trying to break my fall, I managed to shatter my wrist!

A stranger pulled over to help me to my feet and also offered a ride home (about .8 mile) but fortunately --not before a neighbor rounded the corner.

I keep thinking about this and how I probably would have accepted the ride had my neighbor not appeared. Could SE have been injured -- caught off guard by a Police Officer with evil intentions? (I also believe I probably would have been safe accepting a ride and that most offers are safe, genuine, and sincere). MOO

Google Maps

Slain SC student Samantha Josephson stabbed to death, per coroner's report

Perhaps other sleuthers will know what sort of evidence you would need to arrest on suspicion of murder

I believe that you just need a hell of a lot of circumstantial evidence. My ex’s father was arrested and convicted of the manslaughter of my ex’s mother without ever admitting guilt and a body has still never been found. I believe (from memory) he was convicted because he was found to be lying about phone calls made from her to him, when he in fact had the phone...amongst other things

this is MOO

* edited to clarify the jury convicted manslaughter

Welcome, Lollipop. So basically someone here posted photos of a dog walker, who has now seen those posts and is upset about it?

This is precisely why this forum needs links and sources so we don't get a bad reputation or sleuth an innocent. Poor guy. Where did he post about it?

He’s posted on twitter. Nobody was accusing him- more saying he could have seen something, and a link to the cctv was posted here. I believe MSM then posted this and asked for the dog walker to come forward which is where he came across it and then came across this forum when looking for more info. I think he’s upset that had things been different he could’ve changed the outcome- obviously an awful situation for him but I don’t think anyone here did anything wrong at all

What strikes me as odd about this location is that it’s a strange place to dispose of anything.

Even if you don’t know the waterways well, the quay in Sandwich is very deep and very fast flowing. You can also get much closer to it in a vehicle. With the accused coming from Deal, I would expect he would be familiar with the drowning that occurred a couple of years ago, where a 7 y/o boy fell into the river and was dragged under with the current pretty much instantly. The boy was from Deal and there was a lot of media coverage.

What strikes me as odd about this location is that it’s a strange place to dispose of anything.

Even if you don’t know the waterways well, the quay in Sandwich is very deep and very fast flowing. You can also get much closer to it in a vehicle. With the accused coming from Deal, I would expect he would be familiar with the drowning that occurred a couple of years ago, where a 7 y/o boy fell into the river and was dragged under with the current pretty much instantly. The boy was from Deal and there was a lot of media coverage.
If the accused disposed of evidence, doesn't it make it the perfect place? I'd assume that the fast flowing current would make it harder for potential evidence to be found later?
It also just looks like a nice place to go for a walk without possibly raising suspicion

I just found it interesting they didn't move forward with it given they linked it back to him during the same investigation.

Could be:
  • They have a number plate and description from the IE offence but no clear face identification on CCTV?
  • Or like you say, they're happy with the evidence that they have is enough for the current charges which would be enough for a life sentence if found guilty
  • They could of course add charges at a later date.
We shall see.
The offence is against other victims, not SE, so I imagine we haven’t heard more about the IE allegations because it’s not relevant to the SE case (in so far as a jury should not take this into account).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member