Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1st time poster here, hello and apologies if any of this has been covered before ! I saw the camera footage on Poynders rd at 940 , not sure of it is viewable now. I believed it was originally posted on twitter. It appeared to me as if someone in a light coloured jacket was near the bus stop and then looked like a figure ran towards them across the grass. This appears to match where they were searching , although the timing is slightly out from the times recorded on the bus and dashcam footage. I wonder if SE ran from where she was and the accused caught up? It's horrifying to think of what poor SE would have gone through.JMO
Where is this? Not seen or heard of it

Very interesting to see the video thanks for posting. I hadn't realised dogs had been used.
I also suggested this theory about the accused knocking SE over. Perhaps he even reversed out giving him worse visibility and making any accident more likely?

Just had a horrible thought, what if he actually ran her over and killed her then placed her in the front passenger seat with a seatbelt on to drive her down to Kent to dispose of the body?

JMO

The things we know - ie have been mentioned in court - are that three things feature
- two figures on Poynders Road
- vehicle with hazards on
- vehicle with both front doors open

It doesn't say what the figures on Poynders Road were doing, or if both were standing/walking. But assuming she had been walking along the pavement when captured by the police car camera just beforehand, the car would either have had to mount the pavement or be driven across it (from one of the driveways).

It all happened in the space of a few minutes (the timings as given in the magistrates court will be accurate, their value in showing what happened to Sarah has yet to be tested at trial)

I'm not sure how the charge of kidnapped 'by force' fits with a hit and run theory.

Her phone could be literally anywhere.... could even be smashed to tiny pieces and scattered around. Wonder who has said it’s in that area....accused must be talking a bit.

why would police need it so badly? Did accused remove the SIM card? Wonder how much can be accessed.... so many questions!!

Flushed down the toilet?

I think this is possibly true. Although I wonder whether they present the evidence they have in a certain way such that eg
An accused starts off no comment
Is shown evidence they were the last person with victim alive - asks what they were doing.
Accused tells their version of events;
Then accused is presented with new evidence in the same interview as to next steps that evidence shows deviate from accused’s version. Does the accused then have to change their story?

I am not suggesting that the accused has not been shown all the evidence - but that it is shown in a particular way - leaving the accused either having to tell a truthful version of events, confident there will be no evidence that could come to light that would contradict this. Or, they tell one version of events but subsequent evidence comes to light that contradicts this. The immense strain on any guilty defendant then comes from having to craft a version of events that are as close to the truth as possible without knowing which bits are likely to be disproved.
It might even be the case that more footage/evidence comes to light (unlikely at this stage) even after initial charges (requests for information still being made but I wonder whether the police by now will have tracked down all vehicles that went past at that time of night to check for possible further footage and have discounted that). But equally - going full no comment all the way prior to charge until seeing all the evidence presented and not having put on record an alternative chain of events would be damaging in court (I’ve sat on 2 juries and although it is amazing how often seemingly innocuous “facts” of events can be retold or misinterpreted by different eye-witnesses, but if the accused’s version of events looks entirely tailored to the evidence presented but wasn’t volunteered then it looks damaging. Not saying all innocent people “spill” and all guilty people “no comment. Just that the order of the interview process itself can be revealing if an accused gets stuck in a version of events that cannot be true.

Investigative interviewing
Prior to an interview, the DP is given in the presence of their solicitor, disclosure of the material facts in the possession of the police at the time of the interview . Disclosure is given up front and is not held back because all that will happen is that if you haven’t disclosed something as the interviewing officer and you bring it up in the interview and question the DP about it, all that will happen is the solicitor will stop the interview and say ‘Officer , you haven’t disclosed this and therefore I want full disclosure so that I can go away and advise my client accordingly’ and the interview will be stopped until the solicitor and the DP, have had the opportunity to discuss this latest piece of evidence before they recommence the interview. I think that the public will be surprised by this because the police literally are showing in advance, all the cards that they hold and you can no longer surprise a DP or drop something on them , thereby giving them the element of surprise because if you do, your interview is stopped so there’s really no point.

To put forth a charge of murder , there has to be intent . Therefore, a Murder charge would not be proffered in these circumstances became hypothetically speaking, there is no intent and therefore they are not a feasible set of circumstances.

I never said that is what happened I meant that it may be what he has said as a way of explanation for her death.

1st time poster here, hello and apologies if any of this has been covered before ! I saw the camera footage on Poynders rd at 940 , not sure of it is viewable now. I believed it was originally posted on twitter. It appeared to me as if someone in a light coloured jacket was near the bus stop and then looked like a figure ran towards them across the grass. This appears to match where they were searching , although the timing is slightly out from the times recorded on the bus and dashcam footage. I wonder if SE ran from where she was and the accused caught up? It's horrifying to think of what poor SE would have gone through.JMO

This has never been released. Lots of runours get put on Twitter, that is why it cannot be stated as fact without a link and without being verified.

Or as a probationer they may know nothing about the specifics if they are just guarding the perimeter and share a gallows humour meme sent by someone else. But in the context of this case this is foolish - not sure the general public should conclude anything from the specifics of the meme. Could be vaguely accurate - in which case V bad to have shared, also poor taste. Or not accurate in any way but still v poor taste and distressing for the family. Whatever the truth that comes out later in court (of the actual events) this meme, shows spectacular lack of judgement from the officer involved. (Although not to the degree of a prosecutable offence as in the case of the photos of Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman).
Re your last sentence , don’t be so sure

I never said that is what happened I meant that it may be what he has said as a way of explanation for her death.
I was merely clarifying, so other WS posters also understand. When faced with something as serious as murder , you either make no comment or you explain away the evidence put forth , and seeing as though murder is an offence of intent, IF he commented, he would have to cover the ‘intent’ which he couldn’t with what you have put forth

It was on the live tfl camera footage Poynders rd 940. Very grainy footage but looked to me like a figure near bus stop then someone or something run across the grass towards the figure.

There is no Tfl camera pointing to Poynders Court. <<modsnip> It sounds like you are talking about the camera situated at Poynders/Kings, which is NOT outside Poynders Court itself but further down road. We know that whatever happened happened outside the Court.

Last edited by a moderator:
Appreciate this, the camera footage was available to view and I watched it last week. Not sure if it still is, I will take a look later.

The footage is still there. You have to look at the grass area first, where an effect of the light seems to move quickly up the screen. It cannot be verified to be a person, from that footage, whatever it is, it moves. Then look for a figure moving out from behind the bus stop advertising, this looks more like a person.

The footage is very grainy and would need some video enhancement in order to see if anything can be ascertained.

Attachments

• 1614807652.mp4
    110.8 KB · Views: 509
This case is truly baffling. I mean, we know the two main people involved and what ultimately happened but literally everything inbetween is still very much unknown and you get the feeling that more twists and turns in this case will absolutely happen.

The footage is still there. You have to look at the grass area first, where an effect of the light seems to move quickly up the screen. It cannot be verified to be a person, from that footage, whatever it is, it moves. Then look for a figure moving out from behind the bus stop advertising, this looks more like a person.

The footage is very grainy and would need some video enhancement in order to see if anything can be ascertained.
Is this the dog Walker?

I was merely clarifying, so other WS posters also understand. When faced with something as serious as murder , you either make no comment or you explain away the evidence put forth , and seeing as though murder is an offence of intent, IF he commented, he would have to cover the ‘intent’ which he couldn’t with what you have put forth

I was more thinking of how PR explained Libby's death with his 5 versions of events non of which covered any intent as far as I can remember.

But thank you for clarifying.

I’ve taken a couple of screenshots to point out the two areas of interest. The one closest to the bus stop could be a person, but the movement that kinda floats in the centre-right of the image might just be a light flare or similar?

Source: https://livetrains.co.uk/jamCams/osm/#00001.03770

Attachments

• 96D263F0-E7CC-4B2D-B18D-5B486C398D02.jpeg
    96D263F0-E7CC-4B2D-B18D-5B486C398D02.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 527
  • 3BADC5E1-F8F8-4A0F-BFB6-9A50FE5B1BBE.jpeg
    3BADC5E1-F8F8-4A0F-BFB6-9A50FE5B1BBE.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 515

there was no police activity beyond the Clarence Ave junction, I don’t believe she got beyond this junction, this footage is picked up on the camera at the Kings Ave junction further down, which is irreverent as per above reasons.. IMO

Edit to add - also if it was relevant I would imagine it wouldn’t be available for the public to view... again, JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1