Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up now. Honestly, it feels like he doesn’t realise he’s not at the pub with the lads anymore and most grown ups in the real world don’t find that kind of teenage edgelord stuff funny at all. He probably hasn’t known his colleagues long, since as you mentioned he’s a probationer, and probably doesn’t understand that they’re his colleagues and not his mates. He probably saw them make dark jokes in the past and wanted to fit in but completely missed the mark. I read about the image he sent and it just seems to depict what might’ve happened to Sarah so I just fail to see how that could be funny in any circumstance, let alone in the immediate aftermath of a tragedy. Like, read the room.

Anyway, he should probably look into becoming a florist or baker, idk. Just something with lower stakes

Agree with you totally seems very teenage...but in floristry he'd probably end up doing funeral flowers...and that could all go a bit wrong given his sheer lack of brains and sensitivity :confused:

I think that crossed my mind because there was a news story recently wherein Liverpool someone did a huge offensive word flower display for a funeral!

Oh he made it himself!? He took the time to find the images, put them together, write the stuff and once he was done he still thought it was funny and a good idea ??? Clearly his judgement can’t be trusted

All that would show is that someone made it - not who made it.

It's not part of the investigation into what happened to Sarah, so can I politely remind posters that mods have said they will close the thread until the trial if keeps going off topic? Look at the first page of this thread if you want furthe reminders,

Thank you very much for this. That is really interesting about have to disclose everything up front. I mean - it also makes complete sense both in terms of fact pattern but also fairness!

At what point in an investigation such as this would the interview be carried out? Would the police be looking to get a narrative of events quite fast based on initial events or in a case such as this, would they wait until they had as much evidence as possible before starting the interview? I note there are timeframes for holding an accused - would these be used fully? Just interested on the basis that - eg there is fairly good evidence to support an arrest and maybe even a possible charge so an interview is carried out, but then what if more information subsequently comes to light? Does that mean a new interview? Or is there really only one - once the police believe they have enough of a case to answer? And would they start testing the DP version of events immediately? I suppose it comes down to some extent to the credibility or otherwise of the response. Such that once the police reveal their evidence and then hear the DP counter narrative, does this change the view of events in the police mind or not.

New to all this crime stuff in real time. But I find it really interesting (but pleasing that there are such robust processes in place compared to what those of us lay people might imagine happens!)
You will question the DP straight away on what evidence you have so far. If they choose a no comment interview then you will continue to question each time you obtain further evidence. So in effect , during the maximum of 96 hours that you can hold the DP before charge or release without charge , you could potentially interview them 4,6,6,7,8 times . You must allow a DP breaks for mealtimes and a period of 8 hours uninterrupted sleep , in amongst the 96 hours. Most arrests - the DP IS held until evidence is secured by questioning and are released before 24 hours are up BUT if you reach 24 hours , other than reviews by an Inspector or above at 6 hours 9 hours and 18 hours, you have to have a review at 24 hours by an officer of the rank of Superintendent or above and if you want extra time on the custody clock to hold the DP, you have to give reason as to why you need that time . If granted by Supt or above, then it’s for a maximum of a further 12 hours taking you to 36 hours. Any further detention needed after 36 hours needs to be granted by going before the magistrate at a local magistrate court and requesting further time on the custody clock and the magistrate will ascertain why you need that time before they will agree to grant it. If granted, you can only be given a maximum of 96 hours and irrespective of anything, at this stage you MUST charge or release the DP

Dont they screen people before making them the police.
One sociopath killed the girl, and another thinks it is funny and making memes.
makes you wonder how many more are there in the department.

I had wondered this too.
I had always assumed you need a squeaky clean past to be employed by police so I researched. To say I was shocked at the number of serving police officers with a criminal record is an understatement!
IMOO

Oh he made it himself!? He took the time to find the images, put them together, write the stuff and once he was done he still thought it was funny and a good idea ??? Clearly his judgement can’t be trusted
I will stand corrected but I find it highly unlikely that the probation officer created the meme himself. The reason is because the poster shown was a copy of a poster of hand signals that the police would use many years ago, as long ago as the 60/70’s and he would not be even aware of that poster being in existence any more unless someone had recently found an old copy in the archives . So I will stand corrected but I think this officer is too young in service to remember what the old hand signals were. I joined in 1988 and they were almost obsolete then

if he keeps banging his head on the wall he might get a bail for mental health reasons and try to escape to ukraine or something. maybe thats his plan.

if you ramp up the saturation of this photo, the passenger (jacket?) colour is green. Specifically.

However, in the 10 second VIDEO snippet sourced below (and attached here), they aren't moving, like at all. It looks odd. :/
https://livetrains.co.uk/jamCams/osm/#00001.03770

First post here, and I don't know if this has been posted before. But, after looking at the camera on that junction you can view every 5 minutes, however it jumps from 9.30 to 9.40, which makes me think IMO that the accused was there and the 9.35 footage shows that. So they have had to take it down as it is being used as evidence.

I feel, like quite a lot of people on here that I have read, in utter shock and am so confused how Sarah got from walking along the path to being in the car. I can't quite get my head around it at all.

RIP Sarah, and my thoughts go out to her family and friends

I think the last bus camera was 9.38pm with the car doors open. I've just looked on google maps and it takes 3 mins to drive from Poynders Court (if that's where the car was seen) to Poynders Rd/Kings Ave where the traffic camera is. That would leave roughly 9 mins to possibly speak, disable, put it car, get self in car, wait for break in traffic to pull out and drive. Would that work out? JMO
If something was caught on a bus cam at 9.35 and another at 9.38 my guess would be they had certainly gone by 9.41 if buses were running at 3 minute intervals? Which a local might know

I'm sorry, what? This is absolutely not true. I work with police dogs and this is not the case.

It all depends on many variables including the nature of the scent in question. Cadaver scenting dogs are known to have made detections many months and even years later. There is no one dog/scent, fits all, answer.

Last edited:
No you are not allowed to speak to them once cautioned and arrested until you are in a recorded interview suite

In this case that would have been quite some time back up the motorway to central London... imagine what was going through his head over that journey (guilty or innocent).

(Doesn’t compare to what the victim may have experienced during her journey the other way though)

If something was caught on a bus cam at 9.35 and another at 9.38 my guess would be they had certainly gone by 9.41 if buses were running at 3 minute intervals? Which a local might know

They wouldn’t be every 3 mins . Only 2 bus routes at that stretch of road and that time of night you are looking at probably 15/20 mins between each bus route.

No you are not allowed to speak to them once cautioned and arrested until you are in a recorded interview suite
How would the conversation go though on entry to his home? Is the caution given straight away? Is there a process for deciding whether to arrest (simple questions). Or is entry merely to caution,arrest and transport to the police station? Have always been curious about this part :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1