Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The two white cars I spotted on Poynders Road were at 21.16 and 21.30 this TFL camera is it further up the road or down the road from where Sarah disappeared?

I don’t know if it’s my eyesight but on the second pic, does that look like a person walking/running into that pathway further up from the car?

<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

I’m amazed they got hold of the images and does this mean we know now what happened to her in a sense?

<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped> quite a specific meme to send. Also what a idiot that he thought this was ok to send to people. It’s not even funny it’s just sick.

imo

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

I’m amazed they got hold of the images and does this mean we know now what happened to her in a sense?

<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped> quite a specific meme to send. Also what a idiot that he thought this was ok to send to people. It’s not even funny it’s just sick.

imo

I thought this ..was this meme made specifically for this case ..obviously very likely imo

This is how I perceived the image and it looks normal to me.

Thats what I’m seeing too, body turned in towards the centre of the car/driver (so head and back against the B-pillar.

if you ramp up the saturation of this photo, the passenger (jacket?) colour is green. Specifically.

However, in the 10 second VIDEO snippet sourced below (and attached here), they aren't moving, like at all. It looks odd. :/
https://livetrains.co.uk/jamCams/osm/#00001.03770

Yeah, that video does look odd like they’re both motionless with the rest of the video running around it (light hotspots on the car body from the vehicle headlights).

It possibly due to low light in the car, lack of motion from the occupants and any sort of video compression softening/averaging out any small movements. If the occupants are just chatting as they wait at the traffic lights then there wouldn’t be much or any movement bar their jaws which might not show up on the video.

MOO - that’s not The Accused and SE, if it was surly it would have been stripped out by the Met as evidence?

So, the incredibly inappropriate “meme” that the officer guarding the body discovery site sent has been revealed by the Daily Mail. I’ve attached it below.

<modsnip: MSM has removed the referenced image>

Cop at Sarah Everard crime scene sent vile parody of Highway Code to seven officers | Daily Mail Online

How very sensitive of the Daily Mail. I hope they didn't have the nerve to include any expressions of concern for Sarah's family in this story. (I can't open DM links so can't look even if I wanted to.)

[edited to fix punctuation]

I thought this ..was this meme made specifically for this case ..obviously very likely imo

Especially as this was sent the day after her body was found so it’s safe to say that at this stage they would know how her body was found and the state it was in.

No wonder one of the journalists said on Saturday what they heard in court that day was absolutely horrific.

That meme. Just awful. I'm struggling with the fact that the probationer felt as though he had latitude to send it. It's worrying that that he did so, and that he was comfortable thinking that fellow officers would find it acceptable. The holes in the screening process for new recruits need to be closed, quickly.

Hi, first time commenting on here but have been following as I live locally and walk, run, drive down this route a few times a week. How Sarah ended up in the car us what baffles me most on this case. I think this would be too long of a gap. The drive between poynders court and that junction is about 1 minute (especially at night). Additionally, that car is turning right at the junction which would be odd as this is in to more residential streets towards Balham and streatham hill. In order to carry on the south circular towards Kent it would be straight on at this junction for the quickest route.

A few other things to note from a locals perspective, not sure if they are helpful, but JMO.

1. I don’t think the reporting of the location has been that helpful to ensure they get all witnesses. Initially the route was always described as Clapham junction to brixton. Technically it’s sort of correct, but most people would be thinking of a different route in their head. A better description would have been to say from Clapham South, down the south circular east bound towards the top of brixton hill. Poynders road name not always used either - normally south circular or A205.

2. randomly, phone reception in the area can be poor on certain networks. I am on EE and have very bad reception. Not sure if that impacts how phones ping at all.

3. yes, it is a busy road, but at night in lockdown it has been noticeably quieter. Additionally, you can sometimes get some fairly big (by London standards) gaps in traffic due to how the traffic signals work on the whole stretch of the road. But still, this is normally only for 15 seconds or so at most.

4. there is a ring doorbell on one of the houses where it is cavendish road, on the opposite side to where SE would have been walking, and just before the sharp bend in the road round to the left. In my own opinion this may be the most likely one to have picked her up.

5. Whilst there are only 2 busses that go down to the junction near Clapham South tube, there are a couple of others that turn off down kings avenue from the south circular - the 417 and 137. So there is a chance of more bus cam footage being available further up the road.

6. For how main a road it is, there are not loads of cameras down it due to limited number of shops, offices etc. It is mostly residential in that area with quite a few blocks of flats set back from the pavement.

just such a tragically sad, and baffling case. I truly hope they find all of the answers, and get justice for SE.

Interesting to know how bad the phone signal is there, thank you. Trying to work out what this could mean :eek:

I recall someone in a previous thread saying that White Vauxhall Astra do not have black wing mirrors.

It may be possible to switch them out, but this is unlikely on a corporately owned hire car.

It's much more likely this is a different make/model white car

Correct, this is not an Astra for 2 reason. White door mirrors on all models except the "Griffin" model which has a black roof. Checked Vauxhall website and Autotrader for all Astra's up to 3 years old to confirm this. Some new "Elite" models just out have black door mirrors (unlikely to be hire car spec) but see 2nd reason:

2nd reason the photo shows indicator lights on the door mirrors - Astra's don't have them on the door mirror, they are on the front wing behind the wheel instead.

The two white cars I spotted on Poynders Road were at 21.16 and 21.30 this TFL camera is it further up the road or down the road from where Sarah disappeared?

The second white car is a Nissan Juke - easily spotted by the 6 lights. 1st car is too blurry to identify.

Last edited:

A few people have mentioned it before about the dark humour of the emergency services, there’s only so much grim horror you can see before it starts to desensitise you and you need something to lighten the mood/remind you there’s something else in life.

It’s still highly inappropriate to send, and I’m also impressed that his colleagues actually reported him for it.

GRAPHIC THOUGHT coming up

I was going to ask about that as don't know much about memes. Are they easy to make? Assumed they were downloaded from somewhere with bits added.

But yes if it was made specifically for the case then there may be some clues in there <modsnip: referenced image/info was removed>

A few people have mentioned it before about the dark humour of the emergency services, there’s only so much grim horror you can see before it starts to desensitise you and you need something to lighten the mood/remind you there’s something else in life.

It’s still highly inappropriate to send, and I’m also impressed that his colleagues actually reported him for it.

I agree I work in the NHS and we can have a sick sense of humour also ...I agree its really good it was reported by colleagues and transparent in its dealing with it

My worry was if this meme was made specifically for this case ...which seems likely it actually gives information away that only the police should know

Yeah this. Gallows humour saves your mental health when you constantly work with death, disease, violent offenders, etc. But you need to learn when and how you use it.

How very sensitive of the Daily Mail. I hope they didn't have the nerve to include any expressions of concern for Sarah's family in this story. (I can't open DM links so can't look even if I wanted to.)

[edited to fix punctuation]

They actually included a quote from Sarah's friend who said Sarah wouldn't have been into the jumping to #yesallmen that the media has done and that her friend definitely wasn't pro-vigil. I thought this was interesting.

Helena Edwards expressed dismay at how some campaigners have tried to capitalise on the shocking incident.

The discovery of Miss Everard’s body after she was kidnapped while walking home in London has triggered a national outcry about how sexism in society fuels violence against women.

The debate deepened last weekend when Metropolitan Police officers manhandled and arrested several protesters during a peaceful vigil for Miss Everard.

The unsavoury scenes, which led to calls for Scotland Yard chief Dame Cressida Dick to resign, came hours after Met officer Wayne Couzens appeared in court charged with the marketing executive’s murder.

Miss Edwards, who studied at Durham University and travelled the world with Miss Everard, said she joined other friends in boycotting the vigil in Clapham Common.

She wrote in Spiked magazine: ‘My reason for not attending is this: my friend’s tragic death has been hijacked. It is not a tribute to her any more, it’s about something else – and I don’t like what it has become.’

While the event was overwhelmingly peaceful, Miss Edwards said, some participants were trying to point the finger of blame at all men and the police.

She said that Miss Everard would not have agreed with how some have rushed to ‘look for reasons and apportion blame’, adding: ‘Sarah was a victim of one of the most horrific crimes imaginable. She was extremely unlucky – that is all there is to it.

‘Her abduction and murder is not, in my opinion, a symptom of a sexist, dangerous society.’

Following Miss Everard’s death, a Green Party peer called for a 6pm curfew to be introduced for men to ‘make women feel a lot safer’.

Miss Edwards said that the suggestion was ‘one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard’ and that Sarah ‘would not agree with the circumstances of her disappearance being used to promote these kinds of ideas’.

Miss Everard had ‘many wonderful men in her life’ who ‘are just as horrified as everyone else by what has happened’, Miss Edwards said, adding: ‘I don’t think Sarah would have wanted them, or men in general, to be smeared with the same brush as her attacker.’

Regarding a potential timeline...its possible a perpetrator may have hired a car for days or months even and kept it somewhere away from their house.
Imo a person working night duty could go home to sleep as normal..lie to a partner about being back on duty the following night...drive in their own car to where they store the hire car swap cars and drive into London for a night of crime.

This could also apply if a hire car was being used for legitimate reasons Regarding going home to sleep

Have to say every place I ever worked did the sick joke routine for everything. Sometimes on the day the events happened. Whether it was Diana, 9/11, Maddie, Savile etc. Think Boyle, Carr, Gervais type of edgy humour.

Things are definitely changing in this regard now though, as this officer being reported shows.

Re: Identification

Just listening to Lucy Manning's report on the BBC News at Ten and she said Sarah had to be identified by dental records so it still isn't completely clear. Could be poor/lazy reporting.
Is it possible that they just say that because they cannot say too much more because it would be giving away crucial evidence prior to a possible trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members