UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clapham Common isn't on that list. I live nearby - no chance anyone could get anything done there in this regard imo. It's actually pretty busy compared to some of the other areas.

However the indecent exposure element for this does seem like a potentially good idea!

It is, but further down, you have scroll past some ads

The local reputation for Clapham Common (speaking as a long term local resident) is that it extremely well known for al fresco activities between gay men (nowadays only after dark) and I never heard of it being known site for heterosexual couples in the same way (though I expect there will be times those who can't get a room will use just about any dark place)

Last edited:
Premeditation can be a number of actions , journey being one but there are many others , for example the purchase of specific items, ensuring that they have the time by looking at their own and other’s work hours etc
It can be a reactionary crime in that SE was in the right place but unfortunately at a time when WC was around and therefore it was opportunistic BUT there’s an argument to be had that although that person was opportunistic, the planning of such an offence was premeditated and this is where the law can become supremely complex at trial

Any aspects that suggest premeditation may be critical to proving intent.

e.g the hiring of a car, and hanging around in Clapham with it after work for no good reason.

It might be possible to come up with an excuse for either, but both together might become powerful circumstantial evidence - as one example.

e.g compare to the typical on foot blitz attack in a park - the premeditation/opportunism mix does not necessarily suggest murder. But if you are luring a victim into a vehicle under false pretences where she will get a good look at both you and the vehicle - that may well suggest that the intent was for the victim not to survive.

I do think the Tulse Hill sex worker thing could be on to something
I see few reasons WC would have been hanging around there at that time at the end of a shift

If he was 'sexually charged up',exposing himself ...then I do wonder if he could have been looking for a sex worker
(Blacked out windows??)

... and that maybe not finding one, he attacked SE

That all fits in my head (albeit still bizarre and horrific)

So. I wonder if sex workers have encountered him?
...and if so,would they be inclined to come forward to help protect the streets.... or be too scared to given their line of work?

Candle trail proposed from Ashford to London in memory of Sarah Everard

Stephanie Staunton, who lives nearby, is organising the poignant tribute to the 33-year-old, who was last seen on March 3 in Clapham.

5V8POHZWHMPO7IK21RVU.jpg

She's asking people to light a candle in their window from Ashford to Brixton next Wednesday at 6pm, to "light Sarah's way home".

Candle trail proposed from Kent to London for Sarah Everard

Oh god this makes me cry =(

I have been pondering on the indecent exposure element. I read that the charge of IE also related to Sarah.

As she is sadly and obviously not here to report that, how do the police know about it?

Either:

A. she mentioned it on her call to her bf and he told police

B. It was seen by a third party who reported it (but then didn’t see whatever happened next..? - seems unlikely)

C. WC confessed to it

If a. It suggests a time lag between the two incidents between WC and SE - so maybe she saw him eg on the common, he clocked her see him and followed her..? Either to try and prevent her reporting it/‘deal’ with her so she couldn’t, or because someone seeing him somehow elevated his desire to do something worse?

Or is there an option D. I haven’t thought of?

I think the reporting on this has been confused, the indecent exposure does not relate to Sarah.

As a few of us have theorised the most likely scenario is that someone has recognised him from the photos and reported a historic incident

JMO

With all due respect this isn’t about you

Really??!! Wow. How about a little compassion??

Other women on this thread have spoken about their experiences. Imo it highlights the fact that as women we can't just walk down the street safely. It is far more common than reports suggest. Please bare in mind cases such as Sarah's can be extremely triggering for survivors of sexual assaults. Nobody knew when they started following this case there was going to be a report of indecent exposure.

Today it was claimed that Couzens worked a 2pm to 8pm shift guarding the US embassy on the day his alleged victim vanished 'into thin air' - less than three miles from where Miss Everard was last seen at 9.30pm on March 3.

Two officers in an unmarked Land Rover were said to have been watching the house he shares with his Ukrainian wife in Deal, Kent, for two hours before 20 police sprinted in from around the corner to arrest him six days after his alleged victim vanished.

Police had swooped over something they saw on CCTV on a London bus that passed Sarah as she walked towards Brixton, according to the Daily Telegraph, who said he was working in the hours before his arrest.

One source told MailOnline: 'If they identified his car from the bus, they will have been able to see him driving all the way home on London and Highways England's network of cameras. If she was in the car, they will have footage of him with her'.

Sarah Everard: 'Murder suspect' Met officer found via CCTV from bus camera | Daily Mail Online

I have been pondering on the indecent exposure element. I read that the charge of IE also related to Sarah.

As she is sadly and obviously not here to report that, how do the police know about it?

Either:

A. she mentioned it on her call to her bf and he told police

B. It was seen by a third party who reported it (but then didn’t see whatever happened next..? - seems unlikely)

C. WC confessed to it

If a. It suggests a time lag between the two incidents between WC and SE - so maybe she saw him eg on the common, he clocked her see him and followed her..? Either to try and prevent her reporting it/‘deal’ with her so she couldn’t, or because someone seeing him somehow elevated his desire to do something worse?

Or is there an option D. I haven’t thought of?

I read it was UNrelated to Sarah and was another incident with another woman. Can anyone else verify?

No, it is not victim blaming to say she is unlikely to have got into the car. It IS victim blaming to say she is too smart to, too professional, too savvy. It implies anyone that does do that is stupid or not very savvy. It's attaching a judgement to the decision, not just theorising.

As a woman who was assaulted because I made a really bad call, it feels very judgemental.

Rather worrying

At least 18 people have been reported missing in London in the past month, in addition to Sarah Everard, 4 people have been reported since 03/03/21. They are Abubakar Mohammed (15), Ella Clancy (16), Keiran Campbell (13) and Frances Dakowa (75)

IMOO
Someone is reported missing every 90 seconds in the UK
and around 80% are found within the first 24 hours.

MailOnline believes that the woods where the remains were found were known to him because Couzens' Ukrainian wife and their two children had visited for walks.

Sarah Everard: 'Murder suspect' Met officer found via CCTV from bus camera | Daily Mail Online

Good old DM. Working "Ukranian" into each story as much as poss. Imagine swapping that descriptor with "medium-height" or "enjoys the occasional HobNob biccie" as a metric for its factual importance.

I'm curious about the disused shop -- on clinical rota so following from a distance but do we know exactly which properties WC had access to?

Sorry, not trying to be a dick! Just a 'I havnt seen it so it doesnt happen' attitude doesnt help.

So: I have seen things on that common that align with it as a cruising site, but never dogging, and never anything more suspicious than that. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Just means it's not a place he'd drop by casually hoping for some action because it's not prevalent enough. The attitude I have isn't "haven't seen it, doesn't happen", it's "I know that area and it doesn't quite fit".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3