UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve read the threads and can’t see that this has been mentioned but do we know if Sarah had a smart watch or Fitbit? From how she was dressed ( yoga leggings and trainers) and that she opted to walk it has made me wonder. I myself have a smart watch and on occasion opted to walk and get in the extra exercise. Sarah was a runner (pics posted with her medal) and with lockdown and gyms shut I can’t fault opting to walk what would have been a relatively straight forward journey.

do you think W could’ve hit Sarah in his car intentionally to leave her incapacitated enough to bundle her into the car?

I don't - he'd have had to mount the pavement and that's just too memorable

If she was walking right by the kerb (which I doubt, given the number of bike/moped muggings) though I suppose he could have clipped her, but then he'd have had to stop, get of car, get hold of her (how incapacity would she be?) and het her in to the car. It would take a little while, and that road has constant vehicle traffic (it's a main arterial, no-stopping route). IMO both too conspicuous and too uncertain

I think the reporting on this has been confused, the indecent exposure does not relate to Sarah.

As a few of us have theorised the most likely scenario is that someone has recognised him from the photos and reported a historic incident

JMO
Ah ok, thank you. One of the initial MSM reports definitely said it also related to Sarah but if they had that wrong, that makes more sense.

They'll be suggesting people clap outside next.

I don't want to misjudge what you meant with this comment, although this is not why people use WebSleuths. This thread is primarily used to share opinions/MSM facts/theories, not to criticise how people want to express their grief towards this tragic incident.

I’ve read the threads and can’t see that this has been mentioned but do we know if Sarah had a smart watch or Fitbit? From how she was dressed ( yoga leggings and trainers) and that she opted to walk it has made me wonder. I myself have a smart watch and on occasion opted to walk and get in the extra exercise. Sarah was a runner (pics posted with her medal) and with lockdown and gyms shut I can’t fault opting to walk what would have been a relatively straight forward journey.
i believe someone came across a strada account

I totally agree - I have become really hooked on “getting my steps in” and I have been for a few walks where I would usually have driven. Particularly as the weather is getting a little nicer. The fact that she chose to walk for 50 minutes never seemed odd to me.

I don't think she did. Her Strava profile is public and show what device is used to capture her runs/walks. And it's the app on iphone. If she had a watch, it would have been linked to her Strava. Or the police would have shared a photo of it when they disclosed what she was wearing that day.

I haven't seen it confirmed but I think it's safe to conclude that as it wasn't listed on the missing poster details that Sarah wasn't wearing one when she disappeared.

Maybe she had one and it was found at her home or maybe her friends knew she didn't have one, if it was a possibility I think they would have included it on the poster along with the photos of the clothes, phone etc

JMO

Lastly, further to the above, has anyone raised the possibility he may have been stalking Sarah? If it was a random attack I just find it so reckless versus say waiting til later, a less populated area, outside London, no CCTV etc... makes me wonder if he is either stupid enough to think he wouldn’t get caught or if it wasn’t totally random and that he was looking for an opportunity for SE particularly... maybe he’d come across her in a work context, seen her previously and followed her home etc and just developed a fixation?

I lean towards a theory of him stalking her, but obviously just my opinion. I think he was familiar with the area, again just my opinion, but if I were committing a crime like this I would want to minimise the risk of getting caught, and target someone and somewhere, and plan it. But I don't know.

It was mentioned in an earlier thread. Think the consensus was that, even if she did, LE were fairly clear at the outset that the last known digital trace of SE was her phone pinging Clarence Ave mast at 9:30pm.

That’s not to say LE haven’t since uncovered further evidence of where she was taken to, etc. and may not have released it publicly for fear of spooking WC.

Can we have this comment removed???? It is making me sick.
Why is it making you sick? The way I read it is not as a comment on women wearing bikinis but on the press commentry that accompanies them in our gutter press. Sexist nasty language.

I recall comments on Teresa Mays cleavage for example in the Sun. A professional woman doing her job that should be treated as such. Until recently paper often attempted to get upskirt style shots of female actors, singers, politicians etc. Language encouraging an attitude to women as sex objects.

Working as a teacher we've often confiscated *advertiser censored* from young lads. Believe me there is a world of difference between what we confiscated years ago - harmless top shelf pictures of naked women and fantasy tales of consenting sex - and the later lads mags which were available to all. The language was most definitely rapey, misogynistic and downright alarming.

Great question, would love to know this. Apple Watch tracks your heartbeat and even warns you (with a notification) if you have irregular spikes or dips. LE would be able to access that information if it exists, either through her family or a subpoena.

This was critical in Mollie Tibbetts' case.

Last edited:
Much as you would probably not be worried being approached by a stranger in broad daylight, being approached by an identified police officer in a well populated area in early evening, I honestly think I would give them too much credit by assuming anyone with ill intentions wouldn’t be stupid enough to take such a risk as they would surely be caught.

And you’re right to think this way, I think as a collective, MOST (not all) of us have respect for the police, given that their purpose is to fight crime, not cause it. Obviously we hear about a lot of corrupt police officers but for the most part, they are in the job for the right reasons.

For this exact reason, I think the Met Police are going to take this more seriously than most other kidnappings/murders, because if Joe public cannot place trust in the police and feel more unsafe as a result of incidents like this, then it’s only going to make their jobs harder. JMO!

Live Sarah Everard search updates as police confirm human remains found

Sarah Everard: What we know so far as ‘human remains’ found in Ashford

Police making door-to-door inquiries in the case reportedly warned women not to venture out alone, prompting some to comment that this approach only fuels the culture of blaming victims.

The deluge of social media reaction provides ample evidence of women's concerns and are testament to the toll that a lifetime of vigilance takes on women's well-being.
From taking a longer route home to avoid poorly lit streets to factoring in the possible need to flee as they dress for a night out, women are undertaking constant risk assessments when they walk alone, especially at night.
"For all those women who text their mates to let them know they got home safe, who wear flat shoes at night so they can run if they need, who have keys in their hands ready to use, it's not your fault," tweeted Anna Yearley, joint executive director of legal action NGO Reprieve. "It never is. So many of us have stories of being assaulted. It's never our fault."

Another Twitter user, Linda Redford, responded: "This a constant preoccupation of women and girls of all ages; I am 74 and still go through the mental risk assessment each time I am out on my own especially, but not exclusively, at night. I taught the same to my daughters. Fear passed on from woman to girl thru generations."
Sarah Everard case sparks outpouring from women sharing stories of abuse on UK streets - CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw