UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some amateur psychology from me re WC. Obviously this is all v much JMO MOO.

Suspect that WC presents fairly normally. I don’t think we are taking about a loner with horribly deficient social skills. He may not be overly gregarious but knows how to navigate in everyday life. Suspect he relates well with males; he has worked in male dominated environments, the garage, security, police. He has I suspect a fairly easy manner when taking about things that interest him; cars, firearms, physical fitness, music (a former band member).

He (of course) craves control and status but I sense these are not overwhelming driving factors for him. WC’s main problem is that he is a sexual pervert, perhaps a sexual sadist. This is likely all consuming for him, this is his driving force. He doesn’t relate well with women as a result and he has an extremely disturbing fantasy life revolving around the objectification and destruction of females.
His upbringing was likely relatively normal and he values the family unit. As a result despite his inherent selfishness he functioned well as a father.

Interesting analysis and insight. Thanks for sharing. Few points .. Not sure about upbringing being normal. We have only heard about a stepmother- I am very curious as to where his real mother is and how this impacted on his early childhood and how he relates to women.

Also, his wife was flown in from
Ukraine and spoke little English when she first came to England. She’s younger and attractive. Could relate to him objectifying women...

No mention of friends in reports and he seems to be quite a loner although can easily make simple chit chat especially about mechanics according to neighbours.

All IMO

Hello Everyone. Thanks so much for letting me join. I find this case so very very sad. My daughter luckily has finished an apprenticeship training course in London. She used to tell me how she used to be cat called and came out of college to happen upon a man in a car with his throat slit. This case has upset me terribly as this poor dear girl is a friend of a friend of my niece who luckily has got out of London. Sarah and her family are in my thoughts for much of the day. So utterly sad. A beautiful girl with her life ahead.

The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) said the investigation followed a conduct referral from the Metropolitan Police (MPS) in relation to two officers, received on Wednesday.

The watchdog said the referral was linked to another four, "all connected to the arrest of a serving MPS officer on suspicion of kidnap, murder and a separate allegation of indecent exposure".

In a statement, the IOPC said: "Our investigation will look at the actions of the MPS after police received a report on February 28 that a man had exposed himself at a fast food restaurant in South London.

"On Wednesday we determined that two conduct referrals relating to kidnap/murder and indecent exposure allegations against the arrested officer should remain under local investigation by the force.

BBM - two officers? What the hell! Could the online rumours have substance to them?

Describing this case as "complex" sounds just about right!

Police watchdog probes Met officers response to indecent exposure claim against Sarah Everard murder suspect

The police watchdog has launched an independent investigation into whether Metropolitan Police officers responded appropriately to an allegation of indecent exposure made against the suspect held over Sarah Everard's disappearance.

The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) said the investigation followed a conduct referral from the Metropolitan Police (MPS) in relation to two officers, received on Wednesday.

The watchdog said the referral was linked to another four, "all connected to the arrest of a serving MPS officer on suspicion of kidnap, murder and a separate allegation of indecent exposure".

In a statement, the IOPC said: "Our investigation will look at the actions of the MPS after police received a report on February 28 that a man had exposed himself at a fast food restaurant in South London.

"On Wednesday we determined that two conduct referrals relating to kidnap/murder and indecent exposure allegations against the arrested officer should remain under local investigation by the force.

"We are still assessing a mandatory referral in relation to the actions of police after they received a report that Sarah Everard was missing."

The IOPC added a mandatory referral was received from the Met on Thursday in relation to police contact with the arrested officer who was treated in hospital after sustaining a head injury while in custody on Wednesday, which is being assessed to determine what further action may be required.

The Met Police said it had made a voluntary referral to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) “for a conduct matter in relation to the police investigation into the separate allegations of indecent exposure”, which is being investigated by the watchdog.

The force also made a mandatory referral to the IOPC over the “actions of police” after Sarah Everard was reported missing.

Another mandatory referral has been made by the force over the arrested man being taken to hospital for treatment to a head wound sustained in custody.

The Met said the suspect was “being monitored by CCTV and received immediate first aid” and they await the IOPC’s assessment.

The Met Police also confirmed it had made two referrals – one voluntary and one mandatory – to the IOPC “linked to the conduct of the officer arrested on suspicion of kidnap, murder and indecent exposure,” which are being investigated locally.

The force said it was “offering every assistance” to the IOPC.

Is anyone able to translate this into plain English?

Here is the official IOPC statement on their investigation into whether the Indecent Exposure report was appropriately handled:

Link

Paragraph 2:
The IOPC’s investigation follows a conduct referral from the MPS in relation to two officers, received last night, which is linked to four other referrals. They are all connected to the arrest of a serving MPS officer on suspicion of kidnap, murder and a separate allegation of indecent exposure.

Hello Everyone. Thanks so much for letting me join. I find this case so very very sad. My daughter luckily has finished an apprenticeship training course in London. She used to tell me how she used to be cat called and came out of college to happen upon a man in a car with his throat slit. This case has upset me terribly as this poor dear girl is a friend of a friend of my niece who luckily has also got out of London. Sarah and her family are in my thoughts for much of the day. So utterly sad. A beautiful girl with her life ahead. I apologise if this is not quite on thread but I find the thought of a family broken forever so very heartbreaking.

Sounds like WC was spiralling out of control in the runup to SE’s abduction. Caught exposing himself, ambulance called to the house. Was he fearing that his secret life (and crimes) were about to be exposed and he gave in to his worse instincts and fantasies about taking control of and destroying a woman feeling he had nothing left to lose. It’s all horribly disturbing.

it doesn't say if they knew it was him who had flashed on 28 Feb or whether they just had a description of a man who they did not know was him. If it is like a lot of flashers , do they really take those things that seriously ? do they have the resources to look into those in any great depth when there are numerous other serious crimes in London atm like the many stabbings?
Imo the way its worded, it suggests they knew it was him, a vague description would not have alerted them to one of their own surely? How on earth would a description of a bald guy flashing them be connected to him
As I type.. Sky news he flashed her in a fast food resteraunt.... So footage

Hello Everyone. Thanks so much for letting me join. I find this case so very very sad. My daughter luckily has finished an apprenticeship training course in London. She used to tell me how she used to be cat called and came out of college to happen upon a man in a car with his throat slit. This case has upset me terribly as this poor dear girl is a friend of a friend of my niece who luckily has got out of London. Sarah and her family are in my thoughts for much of the day. So utterly sad. A beautiful girl with her life ahead.
Welcome to WS!

Fiona Hamilton, the Crime editor at The Times newspaper posted this tweet

Incredible development, WC was supposedly reported for the alleged indecent exposure 4 days before SE went missing. Awaiting this to hit the actual News sites

The report does not say that WC had been reported for the indecent exposure. An offence of indecent exposure nearby, had been reported to police in the days prior to SE going missing. The referral to the IOPC will be look at the facts surrounding that incident and what lines of enquiry were identified and followed and if so, were they carried out expeditiously.

The inference is that maybe WC could have been identified as the offender for the indecent exposure prior to the 3rd March 2021. If that had been the case, he would have most likely been suspended from duty, had to have surrendered his warrant card and would have no access to police premises.

it doesn't say if they knew it was him who had flashed on 28 Feb or whether they just had a description of a man who they did not know was him. If it is like a lot of flashers , do they really take those things that seriously ? do they have the resources to look into those in any great depth when there are numerous other serious crimes in London atm like the many stabbings?

They should start taking things like this VERY seriously. How many times have we seen crimes like this escalate? It's infuriating.

Excuse my ignorance as not in London, but I didn't know there were any fast food restaurants open as it's lockdown. Assume it means in the vicinity of one anyway, not actually in it. If WC was already being investigated it seems totally bizarre that he would commit another crime so soon - except that he is beyond control.

Good God!
What does this mean in plain English?
From your link
“The IOPC’s investigation follows a conduct referral from the MPS in relation to two officers, received last night, which is linked to four other referrals. They are all connected to the arrest of a serving MPS officer on suspicion of kidnap, murder and a separate allegation of indecent exposure.

“Our investigation will look at the actions of the MPS after police received a report on 28 February (2021) that a man had exposed himself at a fast food restaurant in south London.”

Topics
Reuse this content

I’m reading this as 2 officers are being investigated on the possible failure of handing the report of indecent exposure- not that they are investigating another police officer (as well as WC) in relation to the kidnap/murder of SE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke