UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The image of SE on the evening she disappeared does not appear to be from residential doorbell cam but of SE entering a building, be it a shop or foyer to some flats?

I don't think the doorbell cam image has been released to the press and public.

Agreed. I think one of The Sun's articles has a caption with that clear photo stating it was taken when she entered Sainsbury's in Brixton on her way to the friend's house. So well before 9pm.

I have also seen several references to the doorbell picture being released but I don't think it has been. I think that both the doorbell camera and the Bus CCTV have not been released.

One of The Sun's infographics has "spotted on a Doorbell Camera (left)", but there is no image. So either it's a mistake, was embargoed after the graphic was made, or was later removed.

I've never known someone go into ICU and be discharged within hours of admission. You are acutely unwell if in ICU even after A&E have tried to stabilise. You'd usually go from ICU to a ward, not home/back to station

It's actually not unheard of at least in the US. I work in a General Medical Hospital and round on floors, including our ICUs, as a NP. I can remember about a handful of cases where the pt discharged home directly from the ICU without going to step down first. Mostly young, healthy individuals with relatively minor overdoses that didn't require inpatient psych hospitalization. For example, they are in ICU if med used in overdose has the potential to lower seizure threshold etc. If no seizure and period of concern has passed, they are discharged. It is rare, but it does happen.

MOO.

As explained in my post, plenty of reports of private residential doorcam footage being released but either not shown or used to described an image of what appears SE entering a doorway, shop or foyer etc.

See my thoughts on a composite press release.
It was not just reported, the specific location of where she was spotted on doorbell footage was also included
Police scouring Kent woods where human remains were found
New photos of missing Londoner Sarah Everard as search continues

Footage from a doorbell camera shows her walking along the A205 Poynders Road towardsTulse Hill at around 9.30pm that night.

Sarah Everard disappearance: Met officer arrested on suspicion of murder

Sarah Everard: Police confirm last sighting of missing woman

Agreed. I think one of The Sun's articles has a caption with that clear photo stating it was taken when she entered Sainsbury's in Brixton on her way to the friend's house. So well before 9pm.

I have also seen several references to the doorbell picture being released but I don't think it has been. I think that both the doorbell camera and the Bus CCTV have not been released.

One of The Sun's infographics has "spotted on a Doorbell Camera (left)", but there is no image. So either it's a mistake, was embargoed after the graphic was made, or was later removed.
The image is here

It’s a shonky caption/report. That’s the only picture released of the night SE went missing and it’s from much earlier in the evening on her way to her friends.
It’s confusing, for sure, but this picture is definitely earlier and it’s been included in the reports when MSM confirm the police have additional vision.

I think CCTV and other recordings (doorbell, dashcam etc) will be vital to the case proving nobody but WC had opportunity. Plus doorbell vision could be from a private house and residents wouldn’t want that to be identified.

I work in healthcare in London. He was only on ICU because it’s the only place with cubicles (fully private room) as opposed to ward beds with curtains and so they could segregate him and keep him somewhere private. Important too considering the amount of police presence with him. Also stops opportunist press.

re the hire car - I do wonder if this will turn out to be a police unmarked pool car but this is somewhat embargoed for security reasons currently or to stop public being hysterical. Could also explain level of Cressida Dicks worry realising just how bad this is going to damage the rep of police.

It was not just reported, the specific location of where she was spotted on doorbell footage was also included
Police scouring Kent woods where human remains were found
New photos of missing Londoner Sarah Everard as search continues

Footage from a doorbell camera shows her walking along the A205 Poynders Road towardsTulse Hill at around 9.30pm that night.

Sarah Everard disappearance: Met officer arrested on suspicion of murder

Yet no photo has been released from a doorbell cam as far as I am aware, although it is described in lots of places and often used with the photo of SE entering a shop/foyer or similar.

Please post if you can find the image. Thanks.

The image is from Met Police ad it is also captioned!

as
The last confirmed sighting of Ms Everard was 30 minutes after she left her friend's home in Clapham

Yes that is just shoddy caption writing. The caption is just info about her last sighting, not saying that the photo was the last sighting.

See this report when the CCTV from Sainsbury's was released:

CCTV image released of missing London woman last seen on Wednesday | ITV News

Th
The image is from Met Police ad it is also captioned!

as
The last confirmed sighting of Ms Everard was 30 minutes after she left her friend's home in Clapham
e caption is a generic caption and not referring to the photo. Think about it- was she walking underneath/towards the doorbell cam? Not possible. This is very clearly security footage and you can see the door frame in one of the MSM shots.

We know Sarah was using her phone until moments before it was turned off or ran out of battery. Maybe Couzens was driving by, saw her walking on her own and decided to indulge in his compulsion to indecently expose himself. He stops his car, gets out and exposes himself. Sarah, phone in hand, takes a picture of him as evidence, at which point Couzens realises the potential consequence of what he’s done, grabs the phone from her and turns it off. Maybe there was a struggle and Sarah scratched him. He now realises that she may have his DNA on her and has had a very good look at him, so he really starts to panic about the consequences for his job, marriage, etc. He forces her into the car (which have child locks so she can’t escape) and drives off, possibly still unsure of his next move. Then at some point after that, he decides that the only way he’s going to get away with it is to prevent Sarah from ever speaking about it.

All guesswork, of course, but not completely implausible. This version of events implies that Couzens didn’t set out to commit murder, which would be negated somewhat if it turns out he was indeed in a hire car.

But that is not the clip everyone’s on about, the clip in question is around 10pm and from what i remember there was no oncoming traffic, only a bus coming from the very far end right at the end of the clip.
Fwiw i showed the clip to family members and they thought the same, scuffle of driver with someone/something in the back seat and then a head appearing out of the rear passenger side window at the end.

Chilling.
To me it looked like a dog sticking it’s head out, possibly a black and white dog. Far more likely explanation as you see that all the time. Nobody else around reacted to it and police haven’t taken it down.

I have completely lost track of time - when was Sarah found? I am thinking if he were arrested soon after he got home from work, LE were hoping he would lead them to her but it became too big a risk when he didn’t.

Our VI on here alerted us to a body being found around 3pm on Tuesday, but nothing appeared on Twitter from any media. This was followed a few hours later by the Irish Sun reporting it, then removing as obviously became embargoed until after Cressida Dick had announced it, and probably not to alert WC who was arrested sometime late afternoon/early evening.

Last edited:
Could well be.
But a mask will not protect a vehicle.

The description/identification of an offender is the critical element of an eye witness statement. Being a police officer WC would have known this.

If a witness cannot identify a suspect in an identification procedure (all technology based these days) and there is no forensic evidence then the case is unlikely to get to court.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member