UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM In my experience (I have worked with child sex offenders for many years) such predators absolutely make a choice to commit their offences. A significant part of their offending is rationalising to themselves why such behaviour is acceptable while knowing full well that it is not acceptable in any way. IMO

I agree. They may be "sick" but rational. It is not the same as, say a personal with a specific mental illness that has no control. IMO

Why would I have to be there to know this? Also A&E a terrible place to keep a patient of this security level and of press interest given it’s the front door as such to any hospital.

It was more a suggestion to make it clear in your post that you weren't there and are speculating. If you work in a hospital, you could be misquoted for sounding as if you were there and thus sharing confidential info. Up to you whether you take my advice of course!

If you've ever worked in A&E or a major trauma centre you'll know that A&E is very accustomed and capable with having patients with a heavy police presence in secure areas...

And privacy isn't a reason to give someone an ICU bed - plenty of other areas with side rooms - particularly as we are still in the midst of a respiratory viral pandemic.

For new posters - it's important to state whether your post is speculation or your opinion (IMO or JMO etc). If posted as fact it needs to be backed up with a link.

Just to add - I am quite new too :) And picked that up/read the posting rules.

Possibly, or maybe somebody who, as a serving police officer, realises the enormity of the trouble he is in and also has some knowledge of what to do to conceal evidence of a murder?
Smart enough to think that through but not smart enough to realise that a huge manhunt would commence given a girl had gone missing in broad daylight so highly unlikely he would go unfound plus the hire car etc etc - just my opinion doesn’t seem to add up

'heavy sentence' for indecent exposure as a stand alone case, yes. He would lose his job, spend time inside and be on sex offenders list.
The best part about this, if he had been caught for the IE, is he may have received treatment before progressing to a hands on offence. Of course, we don’t know if he had already committed similar crimes, but there’s always the chance you catch someone early. Such a tragedy.

From a flat?

For the police to enter a flat and search they would either need to get the owners permission for a voluntary search and the owner would need to be aware that they aren't under any obligation to give that permission.

OR

The police would need to use the relevant lawful power afforded by the Police and Criminal Evidence Act or failing that apply for a search warrant from the Magistrates Court.

Certain conditions need to be met depending on the PACE power being used to enter premises and search, essentially the belief of risk to life or limb (belief NOT hope) or following arrest of a suspect (different conditions apply).

The magistrates search warrant is usually before arrest when premises are being entered during pro-active operations, i.e. drugs raids, brothels (need good information to support application).

For new posters - it's important to state whether your post is speculation or your opinion (IMO or JMO etc). If posted as fact it needs to be backed up with a link.

Just to add - I am quite new too :) And picked that up/read the posting rules.
Thanks, am new here. What if you post fact but there wouldn’t be an evidenced link? Best to state as opinion anyway? Grateful for advice

For the police to enter a flat and search they would either need to get the owners permission for a voluntary search and the owner would need to be aware that they aren't under any obligation to give that permission.

OR

The police would need to use the relevant lawful power afforded by the Police and Criminal Evidence Act or failing that apply for a search warrant from the Magistrates Court.

Certain conditions need to be met depending on the PACE power being used to enter premises and search, essentially the belief of risk to life or limb (belief NOT hope) or following arrest of a suspect (different conditions apply).

The magistrates search warrant is usually before arrest when premises are being entered during pro-active operations, i.e. drugs raids, brothels (need good information to support application).
I'm asking the poster to qualify whether she means a flat was searched as well as his home, not the requirements for a warrant.

Smart enough to think that through but not smart enough to realise that a huge manhunt would commence given a girl had gone missing in broad daylight so highly unlikely he would go unfound plus the hire car etc etc - just my opinion doesn’t seem to add up

Sadly he may think it wouldn't be looked into so intensively - as there have been so many people go missing but it probably wasn't logical thinking like that and more panic in the circumstances - and hope no-one would notice. As SE had good family and friends they made the situation very public. So not the same as, say, someone from another country who didn't know many people (so many sad cases of them being missing and it not noticed for some time). It was actually dark at that time of night but assume you mean "in broad daylight" figuratively :)

It was more a suggestion to make it clear in your post that you weren't there and are speculating. If you work in a hospital, you could be misquoted for sounding as if you were there and thus sharing confidential info. Up to you whether you take my advice of course!

If you've ever worked in A&E or a major trauma centre you'll know that A&E is very accustomed and capable with having patients with a heavy police presence in secure areas...

And privacy isn't a reason to give someone an ICU bed - plenty of other areas with side rooms - particularly as we are still in the midst of a respiratory viral pandemic.

Thanks am new to this and so have asked admin how to approach if something I know is fact, useful to the group (I hope). If it’s better to post as opinion regardless I’m happy to do that. There can be instances where something is fact and yet you haven’t been there nor are you breaking any confidentiality rules. I will follow that advice once given. Only trying to provide useful information (as well as opinion) to this group and operate within rules. :)

The best part about this, if he had been caught for the IE, is he may have received treatment before progressing to a hands on offence. Of course, we don’t know if he had already committed similar crimes, but there’s always the chance you catch someone early. Such a tragedy.

I thought that at first but the IE was only a few days before and they may not have known it was him until he became recognised just before his arrest (public information).

It was mentioned earlier that he may have been wearing a mask on the CCTV for the IE or if in a car, it was the number plates linked when they realised who had done the kidnap. Speculation.

Sadly he may think it wouldn't be looked into so intensively - as there have been so many people go missing but it probably wasn't logical thinking like that and more panic in the circumstances - and hope no-one would notice. As SE had good family and friends they made the situation very public. So not the same as, say, someone from another country who didn't know many people (so many sad cases of them being missing and it not noticed for some time). It was actually dark at that time of night but assume you mean "in broad daylight" figuratively :)
Yes very true

True, but if a criminal is using his vehicle and nobody else was, it is enough.

Well with good investigation it may well be, but it has to be proved beyond all reasonable doubt. Detailed eye-witness statements, identifying a suspect, arresting, searching the suspects home/car for clothing described or till receipts/card statements, good interview technique and verifying car ownership/users and other CCTV/ANPR may be enough to get it to court and prove guilt.

The thing I find strange about this, is if he decided to abduct and murder a woman off the street, why not do it in Kent in a more rural location versus abducting a woman in London which is one of the most heavily surveilled places in the world.

Without meaning to make light of a very serious topic, he cant be a particularly intelligent officer, aswell as being a *******.
as a marauder criminal who travels away from his home base to commit crime WC may have balanced the risk of being identified by someone in the area which he lives as higher risk against densely populated London however the CCTV disproves that now but the timing of a bus could have been unexpected.

I'm asking the poster to qualify whether she means a flat was searched as well as his home, not the requirements for a warrant.

<modsnip>

They were definitely INSIDE the building as they were seen removing items in evidence bags. Whether they were in one or more flats, stairway, hall, electricity room or rubbish chute, we don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks am new to this and so have asked admin how to approach if something I know is fact, useful to the group (I hope). If it’s better to post as opinion regardless I’m happy to do that. There can be instances where something is fact and yet you haven’t been there nor are you breaking any confidentiality rules. I will follow that advice once given. Only trying to provide useful information (as well as opinion) to this group and operate within rules. :)
That's the best way to handle it!
I always ask if I have doubts about something I want to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcee