UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smart enough to think that through but not smart enough to realise that a huge manhunt would commence given a girl had gone missing in broad daylight so highly unlikely he would go unfound plus the hire car etc etc - just my opinion doesn’t seem to add up

She is 33, a grown woman, not a girl. Also it was 9.30pm so very dark. Sorry to be pedantic but it's important to get the facts right.

Completely agree with you on him not being that smart though!

I think you can both be correct whilst each seeing it somewhat differently. The brain cannot repair itself when malfunctioning in the way it does in these individuals. The brain serves to interpret itself & external stimuli to produce context. A person with immutable abnormalities consistent with a personality disorder will usually rationalise their behaviour as it’s the only way the brain can operate. Someone who is suffering a temporary change in mental health (such as a manic episode) also rationalises during the episode but may gain clarity & remorse later once recovered. Many cases involve two or more factors: PD and mental illness. Traditionally PDs are seen as unrecoverable and illness is treatable. You can be both sick & deliberate / culpable.

disclaimer: this is all my professionally unverified opinion ;)
Thank you for your thoughts. In my professionally unverified opinion, the majority of child sex offenders do not have any diagnosed personality disorders or diagnosed serious mental illness. Many are diagnosed with adjustment disorder, but only in response to the legal predicament in which they find themselves. That’s not to say some sex offenders don’t have personality disorders or major mental illness. I just think it’s important for people to have an understanding that the clear majority of sex offenders make the decision to offend without a defence of mental impairment. IMO

Thanks for these! Are you aware of much search activity to the rear of the property, or in the field?
The field no, the property, they have been in there wds/Thurs from roughly 8 am-8pm,1st night no lights upstairs so guessing whatever they were doing was downstairs, last night lights were on upstairs till around 8 pm, no floodlighting re back of property that's seen from where I am, forensics in both days. Police van with roughly 6 police inside all night and today plus police car, 2 officers at front of property last night, other vehicles outside also.

Telegraph is reporting WC exposed himself in a restaurant. It’s behind a paywall now but others will pick it up soon for the link.
Before it was just an IE and we weren’t sure. This seems like confirmation that it was him.
Exposed himself/IE ...same thing though? What are you saying is new here?

Thanks again for all your on the spot reports. Can you decisively rule out that there was a third car towed from the Couzens house on the night of the arrest. We all saw footage of the two cars (SEAT and Peugeot) being towed the morning after the arrest but there remain questions about this third/hired car. Thanks !
There was no car removed Tues night, they searched cars but no removal truck outside Tues night, 2 black cars removed weds.

JMO

Some thoughts about the hire car: He could have been trying to be clever and hiring a car the same as his own, that he then puts either his own plates on. So if he's "caught" they check his car - no evidence, and who would go looking for an identical hire car....I realise we don't know what the hire car is, but that would explain some of the confusion between his car and the hire car...
The logical progression of that thought is that this was a premeditated crime, which possibly (with the heavy police at the site of the body) lead me to think more than one body....My guess is he's been flashing for years, steadily escalating...
Chooses someone with bright clothes, thinking foreign student....
I hope I'm wrong.

Thanks for the info, given you are a police officer I especially respect every word you said

Just am pretty sure that Pawel Relowicz was initially charged with indecent exposure and remanded in custody, upon being convicted of those charges at trial he was then rearrested and charged with the rape and murder of Libby

As they had him in custody anyway it gave them time to build a cast iron case for the death of Libby and didn’t have to stop questioning him for that when he got charged with indecent exposure

could the same not happen here?
Yes you're correct. Pawel Relowizc was charged and convicted of several counts of indecent exposure before he was even charged with Libby's rape and murder. The police had reached the limit of the time they were allowed to hold him for questioning about Libby, they had cctv but no body at that point and he had left lots of evidence that linked him to the several cases of indecent exposure. He was dangerous and that was all they had to hold him with so they did

That allowed them to Charge him with those, take him to court and convict him..

Only after that court case was he charged with Libby's rape and murder. And I suspect it was a tactic as those convictions were then allowed in his trial for rape and murder to show why he was out at night.

The fact that this case also has elements of indecent exposure before the absolute horror illustrates yet again that it should be taken far more seriously than it is! Should be investigated properly and women should be encouraged to report without fearing ridicule!

JMO

Some thoughts about the hire car: He could have been trying to be clever and hiring a car the same as his own, that he then puts either his own plates on. So if he's "caught" they check his car - no evidence, and who would go looking for an identical hire car....I realise we don't know what the hire car is, but that would explain some of the confusion between his car and the hire car...
The logical progression of that thought is that this was a premeditated crime, which possibly (with the heavy police at the site of the body) lead me to think more than one body....My guess is he's been flashing for years, steadily escalating...
Chooses someone with bright clothes, thinking foreign student....
I hope I'm wrong.
A local resident in Clapham responded to say that the numberplates discovered were related to a different case. The hire car remains a big mystery for sure!

I can’t remember now whether the suggestion of a hire car on here was from scoop journalism either on Twitter (despite not being allowed), MSM or was purely speculation that then later seemed “verified” by MSM.

I know it’s now in the public domain/MSM, but I’m wondering if its source was actually here or similar, or indeed an insider at LE.

Thanks for the clarification.
Just to add, I only knew they were out there from about 8 pm Tues night, if a truck was there before and removed i did not see or hear anything, but like I've said previously the arrest was extremely quiet, it's a quiet road if a truck had been here I'm sure I would have heard it x

Thank you for your thoughts. In my professionally unverified opinion, the majority of child sex offenders do not have any diagnosed personality disorders or diagnosed serious mental illness. Many are diagnosed with adjustment disorder, but only in response to the legal predicament in which they find themselves. That’s not to say some sex offenders don’t have personality disorders or major mental illness. I just think it’s important for people to have an understanding that the clear majority of sex offenders make the decision to offend without a defence of mental impairment. IMO

This is where we get into murky water with diagnosis. There are hopes to clarify diagnosis in future using scans & serum assays rather than self reports / clinical interviews. Currently many sub-clinical cases are missed.
The phenomenological approach is imprecise. The occurrence of offending is a solid indicator that there are significant neurobiological problems in the individual, consistent with those for both some PD & mental illnesses IMHO.
This is where clinical / social psychology & neuroscience diverge.
SO brains appear to show key chemical & structural differences to controls. These are undiagnosable without the use of certain techniques.
Arguably this is one of the failings of current treatment. PIPEs are all well and good but we are still somewhat fumbling in the dark re long term efficacy of talking therapies.
Let’s put it this way: if SO recidivism reduces after a regimen of SSRIs and anti androgens, we know that neurobiological factors play a key role in offending. The future diagnosis of PDs will be based on such factors.

EDIT: to add, you might be interested in the relationship between liver enzymes and sexual offences! Interesting research coming out on that. Toxins can travel through blood brain barrier, affecting frontal lobe, causing erratic and hypersexual behaviour. Eg: post operative intolerance to prescription opiates has led to this in documented cases. Would link but paywalled (if you have journal databases access though you will be able to find)

JMO & hope this stimulates productive chat. I really enjoyed your posts :)

I can’t remember now whether the suggestion of a hire car on here was from scoop journalism either on Twitter (despite not being allowed), MSM or was purely speculation that then later seemed “verified” by MSM.

I know it’s now in the public domain/MSM, but I’m wondering if its source was actually here or similar, or indeed an insider at LE.

That's a good point. We've already noted MSM pinching 'source quotes' from comments made on here. Could be we've been linking ourselves!!

I know I feel the same, really unsure what is true and what is not every bit of information seems to be growing longer legs :D

The hire car suggestion was in MSM (several reports). The language used in these reports was not entirely definitive “appeared to be a hire car” “was thought to be a hire car”. No one here was speculating about a hire car before it appeared in MSM report nor do I recall it being first mentioned on Twitter.

Very good point on the potential underground commute. If he took the police transport/minibus from the US Embassy in Nine Elms back to the Armoury at Charing Cross, it’s a direct tube journey (free for Met police) on the Northern Line down to any of the Clapham underground stations. Once in Clapham and outside the congestion charge zone, he could collect his own car/rental. It would be a more logical ‘commute’ in and out of Kent that he might commonly make, and would make the Clapham diversion make sense. MOO etc.

this is a really good point. Not read the full thread so someone may have mentioned this, but you can pay to park on people’s drives - it’s popular among commuters.

could that be the link to Poynders Court - he rented a parking space here and commuted on public transport from there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1