UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When will it be made public what the police can prove / think what happened?

Not until the trial I assume? Which will take time?

Unless it’s leaked to the press before then?

As soon as he is charged there will be no more information about the case in MSM. There will be no leaks to the press published.

You really could be right about this!!! The car being towed away had tinted windows at the back seats but on Google Earth it did not have tinted windows, but is was the same car - The only difference is the tinted windows in the back. On earlier threads people assumed he had them tinted because he had worked in a garage earlier in life and would be familiar how to do this. You cant see the registration on Google earth because it's blurred out, so its impossible to check those they match, but if you're correct this would undoubtedly confirm a high level of premeditation.

Someone up thread said the plates found on Rodenhurst were unconnected to this case. Seems quite a coincidence to me, but equally it would have been unbelievably risky/overconfident for WC to have left them there.

Another thought about the London end of it JMO was sparked a post earlier in this thread

We've been overlooking the Tube.

If he needed to go to Charing Cross to check in weapon at armoury, it's only a few stops on the Northern Line to Clapham South station. Met police travel free on the Tube. Even if leaving shift from Westminster, it's short Tube ride.

It's quite common for those working in central London who want to avoid congestion charge and sky high parking fees to rent a driveway, and then do the last bit on public transport. If he had done that, it's a short walk from the Tube to Poynders Court, and you'd easily see someone crossing over from the Common and continuing along A205. He could have followed her from there? Seen her put her phone away and bundled her off the pavement into the darkness round the flats and in the direction of his car?

Also there are at least two takeaway places (one clearly open for socially distanced customers) between the Tube and the junction with south side and A205 which he would walk past frequently if that was his route. Obviously if The Sun report of it being the MaccyD are correct, they are irrelevant. But other accounts talk of more than one offence, or describe it as being in Clapham (which these are, but Brixton Hill isn't)

MOO
JMO but I agree with you on the renting a parking space. There was a lot of debate on previous threads about the likelihood of a PC renting a flat to provide the connection with Poynders Court.

But I think we were overlooking that while it might be unlikely to rent a whole flat in that block, renting a parking space would be affordable and enable that half drive/half tube commute.

And would explain the link between WC and Poynders Court that we were trying to work out.

Which

Which would completely tie in with him renting a driveway at/near Poynders Court. Assuming once he'd got her in the car he set off straight away - JMO because I can't see him hanging around

From what I could see locally, as someone who runs past Clapham South and the turn off to Poynders Court, this would be the route you would take to get there. I would imagine you'd come out of Clapham South and walk to the crossroads and turn right, which coincides with the way SE most likely would've walked based on the early suggested routes we saw.

[In response to the poster who asked how SE’s story is being covered in the US, which I somehow did not quote]

Yes, reported in some larger outlets like the New York Times and CNN, but not a widespread story. That said its being talked about in circles of young, city-dwelling, professional women like SE (and like myself) as a bit of a “our worst nightmare” scenario.

I may have a skewed view as I live in Minneapolis, where this week is also the onset of the trial of Derek Chauvin, the police officer who killed George Floyd — not sure how much this is a familiar topic in the UK but Mr. Floyds death sparked nationwide protests on the topic of violence against Black individuals and on police brutality writ large.

So for me, the confluence of “police offenders” and “young professional women’s safety” is a bit much :-/

it’s a massive topic here and there were huge Black Lives Matters protests here as a result of George Floyd’s death.

I think the issues are separate - police treating black individuals with brutality in the line of duty because of institutional racism, and an off duty police officer (allegedly) using his warrant card to trick a woman to get into his car because he is a sexual predator.

i imagine the headlines over there are very much focussed on that trial and I’m following it with interest.

Obviously there's a lot of speculation in this post – I think it's worth remembering that each "if" has a probability of being wrong, and if one "if" is wrong then so are all its contingent ifs.

That being said – going along with your assumptions – perhaps it was 'only' meant to be a sexual assault or rape but it went badly and he panicked?
A very interesting point which I hadn't thought of. Also would aid in explaining why the aftermath appears to have been done in such a sloppy way. If the initial intent was to target a random woman to sexually assault and/or rape, then this could have been the well-thought-out part of the situation. If SE then dies somehow (perhaps WC could have gotten carried away with choking or tried to render her unconscious and hit her in the wrong place/too hard) and that wasn't part of the plan, that could give reason as to why the second part of this two-part case seems much more panicked. Perhaps driving almost on auto-pilot to a familiar yet secluded place fairly far away from where SE was last seen and then possibly attempting to dispose of her body by dismembering and/or burning. Absolutely spine-chilling to think about.

What is the significance of the gun shops/ranges? And Ashford golf club (not the disused one)?
He's been in the army and worked as an armed guard in the met for 10 years, it's likely he has been to gun ranges for practice or as a pass-time. It's loosely related but I'm thinking he may of played golf in Ashford as another pass-time, this would of given him knowledge of the disused golf course where Sarah was found and also the club is very near to the location of the suspicious social media post. All speculative.

Last edited:
It's on the Metro...
They also said the officer had been behaving ‘erratically’ and had spent a considerable amount of time off sick for an unknown issue.

Read more: Cop suspect 'flashed woman in takeaway three days before Sarah Everard vanished'

Thank you to those who replied!

This just seems to be getting worse for the Met's reputation.

I was discussing this with my partner who heads up an HR department and they said the Met's HR dept will be in a panic trying to trawl back and make sure there were no internal complaints raised against him which weren't dealt with correctly. Not really adding much I know but just a thought, JMO

He's been in the army and worked as an armed guard in the met for 10 years, it's likely he has been to gun ranges for practice or as a pass time. It's loosely related but I'm thinking he may of played golf in Ashford as another pass time, this would of given him knowledge of the disused golf course where Sarah was found and also the club is very near to the location of the snapchat post.
Thank you for putting up this map, it's really helpful. I would definitely advise removing the location of the alleged fire though as this is something which is being cracked down on heavily on this thread to not be discussed, presumably as this could hamper the investigation in some way.

He's been in the army and worked as an armed guard in the met for 10 years, it's likely he has been to gun ranges for practice or as a pass-time. It's loosely related but I'm thinking he may of played golf in Ashford as another pass-time, this would of given him knowledge of the disused golf course where Sarah was found and also the club is very near to the location of the snapchat post. All speculative.
Thanks for clarifying!
EDIT: and for creating the map!

Thank you to those who replied!

This just seems to be getting worse for the Met's reputation.

I was discussing this with my partner who heads up an HR department and they said the Met's HR dept will be in a panic trying to trawl back and make sure there were no internal complaints raised against him which weren't dealt with correctly. Not really adding much I know but just a thought, JMO

I was reading the background of Simon Harwood (the police officer who was found to have unlawfully killed Ian Tomlinson) and there were multiple failures there - disciplinary proceedings not going ahead, him being allowed to resign and join another force before the conclusion of those proceedings and then rejoining the met) so I wouldn't be surprised if there have been mistakes made and things not properly followed up.

This is correct. Once a suspect is charged, the police may not question them further.

People often think that if a suspect isn't charged right away there must be some problem, but the police will want to try and get as much information from them as possible, so they will delay charging until they feel they have got everything they can out of the suspect.

Wow thank you this is very interesting to know.

What happens if the suspect just continues to say ‘no comment’ the whole time? This is what he could possibly be doing right?

Or let’s suppose he’s confessed - they still don’t have to charge him so they continue to question him?

Thank you for putting up this map, it's really helpful. I would definitely advise removing the location of the alleged fire though as this is something which is being cracked down on heavily on this thread to not be discussed, presumably as this could hamper the investigation in some way.
I've changed any mention of that which must not be named.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1