UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this has already been answered up thread: if someone were to put their phone on to 'flight mode' to conserve battery, would it emit any kind of signal that a mast could pick up? Or would it be functionally off even though it was switched on?

It's quite common for me personally and in general I think people in my age bracket (30s) who live and work on their phones and are therefore draining their battery at least once a day to switch over to flight mode for the last bit of a journey if the battery is on, say, 15% or 20%, to preserve some 'juice' in case of emergency. So I can imagine a situation where SE might have ended her call by saying "ok, my battery's low, I'm going to switch on to flight mode now".

I've always seen everything to that side of Brixton Hill as Tulse Hill (officially I mean). I also think it's officially part of the Tulse Hill ward but I would agree in the sense that I'll say I'm in Brixton and not in Tulse Hill even around Brockwell Park (which is officially Herne Hill). I think it is all gets a bit vague as Brixton is not an official ward itself.
Agreed - it is officially part of the Tulse Hill ward, I think. But I've never heard anyone refer to BWL as Tulse Hill before when describing it. Granted, I'm not born and raised around here - only been here for 9 years. I asked my partner, who has lived around here on and off for 25 years "Is BWL Tulse Hill" and he replied immediately "No way, that's proper Brixton." Difficult to know what the police are getting at really - as it does stand out to me as a separate area from the others mentioned and obviously not on SE's route home.

ADMIN NOTE:

Hey everyone,

There are far too many TOS violations going on in this thread. Please read TOS (aka The Rules, linked in my signature line) that everyone has agreed to upon registering with Websleuths, some of which includes:

All quoted material and information stated as fact must have a link to the source and ALL images require a link to the source. Always remember: No link, no post !!

Copyright rules are that no more than 10% of any article may be copied. It is not just a WS rule, it is copyright law.

Rumors are not allowed. This includes social media comments and/or hearsay.

Sleuthing of family, friends, or anyone else not officially named a POI / suspect is not allowed. Members may discuss what has been said in MSM about the person or what that person has said in MSM, but sleuthing out their personal information is not allowed. Members may sleuth this type of thing behind the scenes and discuss in private messaging with others, but it is not allowed to be posted on the public forum.

WS is victim friendly and victims include family, friends, and innocent persons. It is okay to have an opinion, but if your opinion is an insinuation or direct accusation of someone not officially named a POI or suspect, it is not allowed.

The thread is dedicated to discussion of Sarah's case. Anything else is off topic. If you have a question about The Rules, please private message a Mod or Admin for clarification rather than discussing it on the thread.

Thank you to everyone for your cooperation and for being here to discuss Sarah's case.

I've always seen everything to that side of Brixton Hill as Tulse Hill (officially I mean). I also think it's officially part of the Tulse Hill ward but I would agree in the sense that I'll say I'm in Brixton and not in Tulse Hill even around Brockwell Park (which is officially Herne Hill). I think it is all gets a bit vague as Brixton is not an official ward itself.
Agreed - it is officially part of the Tulse Hill ward, I think. But I've never heard anyone refer to BWL as Tulse Hill before when describing it. Granted, I'm not born and raised around here - only been here for 9 years. I asked my partner, who has lived around here on and off for 25 years "Is BWL Tulse Hill" and he replied immediately "No way, that's proper Brixton." Difficult to know what the police are getting at really - as it does stand out to me as a separate area from the others mentioned and obviously not on SE's route home.

If this is a Kidnapping / Abduction then I think more then one person would be have to be involved

Well, yes. Or no. So many people have been abducted/killed by being put into a van/car by one person. Most of them on this website are one person jobs!

All it takes is a bash over the back of the head, or chloroform to the mouth, or someone putting their hand over her mouth and dragging her off. A few seconds and it's done. In the dark, easier.

Kdinaps can and have happened in what feels like a blink of an eye. Take Millie Dowler for example who dissapeared so fast that a friend who got on a bus was surprised they couldn't see her a minute later. It was that fast that she dissapeared.

Also I don't think it's unusual that her partner even if he had a car wouldn't come and get her. Lots of people enjoy walking, she's lived in that location a long time and is probably a walk she has done often. As others have mentioned, it's London - there will always be traffic and people about which gives a sense of security.

The lack of sitings does seem to indicate that she didn't make it home and the police don't seem to think so but it can be easy for the wrong narrative to be created like in Claudia Lawrence case where the narrative is she went missing on the way to work but there is no proof of that and she could have gone missing the night before.

It might not be on her route home but a place of interest that police wish to check out for comings and goings, particularly to rule out if she went there, if it's a place she has a connection with or regularly visits. Or there may have been a tentative sighting, but I would think the police might have mentioned that and asked the public for further corroboration. JMO

First post, hi all - does anyone know how long it would take to walk from the junction of Cavendish/Poynders (where the door camera saw her around 9:30pm) to the CCTV camera at Poynders Rd/Kings Ave?

There are archived clips on this - March 3rd is available to view
London Traffic Cameras - Live TfL JamCam Feeds

Hopefully the police have tried to trace the two people in the still at 21:45 walking towards King Ave. from the direction of Clarence Ave. (junction) one appears to be walking a light coloured mid/large sized dog and the other looks to be carrying a white carrier bag or something. They might have come from an area near Clarence Ave or Poynders Parade near to 9:30pm and could have seen something.

It feels like some key information might be withheld or is still being verified...
So do I understand it correctly, her phone might have pinged as it made a sweep for the nearest tower, say as her last call disconnected or she closed an app, but then because she wasn't using it, it could have remained switched on for a while after that and disappeared from the network streets away from that ping location?

In other words that ping doesn't indicate the phone was switched off at that point in time?

....and if he did, and was just at home doing nothing, how he was alright with knowing and letting her walk for 50 mins in the cold and dark. It's not very caring.

"No Sarah, darling, call me when you've finished at your friends place and I'll pick you up and drop you home."

Those would be exactly my thoughts. I can't imagine having a boyfirend who would be happy about such a thing and can't think of anyone I know who would. You would either pick up your girlfriend in the car, meet her walking, or help to arrange some form of transport.

That being said, we don't know any details at all. Perhaps he doesn't have a car or for whatever reason wasn't able or didn't want to assist. They could have had a falling out. We just don't know.

It might not be on her route home but a place of interest that police wish to check out for comings and goings, particularly to rule out if she went there, if it's a place she has a connection with or regularly visits. Or there may have been a tentative sighting, but I would think the police might have mentioned that and asked the public for further corroboration. JMO

I agree - I suspect she may have gone elsewhere on her way home hence why she wasn’t seen on cctv further up poynders lane. This would also explain why police want cctv further north on Brixton Hill and Brixton Water Lane - maybe the perp appears on those during the night or after the event. Perhaps the police won’t mention a tentative sighting because it falls into the hands of the perp. They may be trying to catch the perp out. JMO

Hopefully the police have tried to trace the two people in the still at 21:45 walking towards King Ave. from the direction of Clarence Ave. (junction) one appears to be walking a light coloured mid/large sized dog and the other looks to be carrying a white carrier bag or something. They might have come from an area near Clarence Ave or Poynders Parade near to 9:30pm and could have seen something.

yes I was wondering the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member