UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So something we're not allowed to see happened up by Brixton Water Lane between 20:34-20:50 and at 23:45

Brixton Hill Lambert Rd/2021-03-03 - TfL JamCams Archive

EDIT to add - there's actually loads of censored stills on that day from this camera

It’s interesting to see that the camera
stills for herne hill/ Norwood are also missing for the timeframe of interest and those are the next likely ones that a perp would go past after Brixton water lane

This case has really spooked me and my friends. We had a conversation and now have measures in place about what to do if any of us don't message to say we are home safe.

I dont think walking 50 mins in an inner city is unusual, Sarah looks fit and healthy and maybe misjudged the how busy it would be or maybe her familiarity with the route gave her a false sense of security.

I dont think its been mentioned but maybe Sarah called her partner to say someone was following her or she had noticed something dodgy and wanted someone on the other end of the phone for reassurance. That may be the complexity?

Glad you and your friends are keeping safe. If there’s one tiny silver lining in these types of cases it’s the reminder that we need to take precautions, even if they sometimes seem a bit over the top. I and my family/ husband/ friends have always texted or called and some people think it’s a bit much but at the end of the day it causes us all less worry.

Sarah’s friends and boyfriend may also have been very caring and I don’t want to suggest otherwise. Again, we don’t have the details yet.

I also wonder about that phone call, FoxyLoxy

This case has really spooked me and my friends. We had a conversation and now have measures in place about what to do if any of us don't message to say we are home safe.

I dont think walking 50 mins in an inner city is unusual, Sarah looks fit and healthy and maybe misjudged the how busy it would be or maybe her familiarity with the route gave her a false sense of security.

I dont think its been mentioned but maybe Sarah called her partner to say someone was following her or she had noticed something dodgy and wanted someone on the other end of the phone for reassurance. That may be the complexity?

It's an interesting thought, but would the police be allowed to lie about there being no sign of anything bad having happened to her? Especially if saying so might be putting other people I'm danger of walking alone at night.

I wondered the same, but I think if that were the case she would have been reported missing much sooner. Her partner didn’t raise the alarm until 8pm the following day. I think if he’d had concerns after the phone call he wouldn’t sleep until he knew she was home safe.

Yes, several of these were in broad daylight and unless it was a particular suspicious vehicle that kept cropping up on the video, would be hard to relate to the current timeline

I posted a source above that stated the reason for the image would be the following:
"** If a camera says 'in use keeping London moving' - it is in use by traffic services or police and blanked for privacy."

It could simply be SE or a POI just going about their normal routine that day. Or it could be some suspicious activity. I think it does have relevance IMO

We know she was on the phone for part of her walk - I think you’d naturally walk more slowly when talking.

My old iPhone ran out of battery in about 5 minutes - my new one lasts for days. Depends on the age of her phone.

It’s been discussed earlier in the thread but as a woman of a similar age living in London I don’t think it’s unusual to walk that distance - particularly since none of the available bus routes work out for where she wanted to go. I also don’t think her walking has anything to do with an altered mental state (eg argument with boyfriend). If you live in South London you get used to walking a lot cos we don’t really have the tube and the bus invariably doesn’t go A-B directly where you want to go and I feel more vulnerable waiting at a bus stop (they can be in random quiet parts of a road) than walking along.

There isn’t to my knowledge another missing person incident of the same type in the area but I expect there are (sadly) lots of sexual assault incidents that don’t get reported in mainstream media and as we all know those types of crimes escalate eventually.

All IMO and not really moving the conversation forward, sorry!

That is really a very long walk for a young woman to be taking alone by herself near 10 at night.

It is very surprising to me that the friend or the boyfriend would not have offered a ride or even an Uber.

Exactly. I wouldnt allow any significant other or friend or relation to do that, not if I had a car. Maybe the boyfriend didn't, but he should have pushed her to get the bus at that time.

Hi, another new poster here

I don’t have a lot to add except to chip in on the walking thing, it really is very common to walk in London. Young professionals living in zone 2 don't have cars, there is no giving people a ride/picking people up in the way that you would do in other cities. I wouldn’t consider 10pm to be particularly late either. It would have to be after midnight for me to feel like I ought to get a cab.

She did have a relatively long way to go but as many people have noticed with lockdown and everything I think people are taking the opportunity to walk where they can to get their exercise in. My friends and I are all also walking/cycling where we might have got public transport in the past, to try and minimise covid risk.

One thing I will say though is that the streets are significantly less busy than they were before and there have been a couple of times when I felt a little uneasy, even fairly early in the evening, as there really was no one around.

So do I understand it correctly, her phone might have pinged as it made a sweep for the nearest tower, say as her last call disconnected or she closed an app, but then because she wasn't using it, it could have remained switched on for a while after that and disappeared from the network streets away from that ping location?

In other words that ping doesn't indicate the phone was switched off at that point in time?

As I understand it - yes.

I don't think we've been told the nature of that last connection - was the phone signing off? Was the phone connecting to a new tower with better signal as she walked?

I don’t have a lot to add except to chip in on the walking thing, it really is very common to walk in London. Young professionals living in zone 2 don't have cars, there is no giving people a ride/picking people up in the way that you would do in other cities. I wouldn’t consider 10pm to be particularly late either. It would have to be after midnight for me to feel like I ought to get a cab.

I was going to same the same thing from living in zone 1 and 2 in London - driving is a pain

Whereas in my current city - common to be offered a lift home

Hi, another new poster here

She did have a relatively long way to go but as many people have noticed with lockdown and everything I think people are taking the opportunity to walk where they can to get their exercise in. My friends and I are all also walking/cycling where we might have got public transport in the past, to try and minimise covid risk.

One thing I will say though is that the streets are significantly less busy than they were before and there have been a couple of times when I felt a little uneasy, even fairly early in the evening, as there really was no one around.

Yes, the steets look earily deserted at night, don't they

Yep agree - would have gone down New Park Rd. Unless she fancied a McDonalds...

Based on the hidden stills I think the car I posted about it irrelevant now anyway.

Hi, I’m local to the area and think it’s unlikely she stopped here. I’m 90% certain that that mcdonalds is only open for drive thru orders or deliveroo type collection. She wouldn’t have been able to walk up and place an order. Has been like that for quite a long time due to covid

I was going to same the same thing from living in zone 1 and 2 in London - driving is a pain

Whereas in my current city - common to be offered a lift home
Yes it’s very context dependent I agree. (Though I must admit I would still be nervous about walking, personally).

And of course the COVID situation doesn’t help matters.

It’s interesting to see that the camera
stills for herne hill/ Norwood are also missing for the timeframe of interest and those are the next likely ones that a perp would go past after Brixton water lane

Good find! Timeline's a bit different though - early hours of the morning the day she disappeared rather than the night she disappeared. Could still be relevant though.

Could the last call from the phone been a FaceTime/video call? If so, would it have drained the battery faster? Was it 15 minutes they said for the duration of the call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13