UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I’m local to the area and think it’s unlikely she stopped here. I’m 90% certain that that mcdonalds is only open for drive thru orders or deliveroo type collection. She wouldn’t have been able to walk up and place an order. Has been like that for quite a long time due to covid

I do wonder about her getting food theory, its a possibility, it wasn't that late and places were open for take away. It could explain why she may have taken a detour off the main road.

Good find! Timeline's a bit different though - early hours of the morning the day she disappeared rather than the night she disappeared. Could still be relevant though.

@ElizaKate amazing work on the CCTV cameras. What about the grey image on other days in the same location? Are there as many on other days, or would you say a higher incidence?

I'm inclined to agree that there might be some significance. LE don't want internet sleuths like us trying to identify images of suspects!

It's very quick isn't it, for information like a tower ping to be known.

If that is all there is. Then I think so.

But if there is app activity etc - that could take longer? For instance on android with google maps - how often is the GPS locational data updated? (I think she had iphone).

I'm a local and regarding the question of whether Brixton Water Lane is Tulse Hill or not, I would say it borders Tulse Hill and Brixton. The actual name of the road which leads south off Brixton Water Lane is 'Tulse Hill'. There is also a large Sainsbury's on the corner of Tulse Hill and Brixton Water Lane and she may possibly have mentioned to her friend or boyfriend that she was headed there.

On the subject of chloroform, I seem to remember from discussions on the Madeleine McCann case that abductors often try to use it but the problem is that you don’t need much of it and often end up killing people rather than just knocking them out. Not a nice subject but there you are.

I do wonder about her getting food theory, its a possibility, it wasn't that late and places were open for take away. It could explain why she may have taken a detour off the main road.

But surely the takeaways would confirm or deny and this information would be noted as 'last known location'?

Most takeaways in London have internal CCTV and/or could check with staff. I think Sarah looked distinctive enough that night to be remembered.

Not saying it's impossible, just that speculatively it doesn't seem particularly likely to me. Women in their early thirties, she took a bottle of wine over, I'm guessing dinner was provided. Sarah isn't a tipsy student staggering home grabbing chips on the way and weeing in bushes. She's a professional woman who had a couple of glasses of wine with a friend and then decided to walk home.

I also think the chances of her using a public toilet in London are somewhere between a snowflake's in hell and that same place freezing over. In 20 years in London I have never and would never go in a public toilet after dark. Some of them I wouldn't brave in daylight.

I guess it wouldn't be lying if the police have no evidence of foul play.
For example Sarah may have mentioned a man looking at her funny or making her uncomfortable. Sometimes men don't seem to have the same concerns about personal safety as women and the boyfriend may not have put 2+2 together until much later.

Hi, another new poster here

I don’t have a lot to add except to chip in on the walking thing, it really is very common to walk in London. Young professionals living in zone 2 don't have cars, there is no giving people a ride/picking people up in the way that you would do in other cities. I wouldn’t consider 10pm to be particularly late either. It would have to be after midnight for me to feel like I ought to get a cab.

She did have a relatively long way to go but as many people have noticed with lockdown and everything I think people are taking the opportunity to walk where they can to get their exercise in. My friends and I are all also walking/cycling where we might have got public transport in the past, to try and minimise covid risk.

One thing I will say though is that the streets are significantly less busy than they were before and there have been a couple of times when I felt a little uneasy, even fairly early in the evening, as there really was no one around.
I agree with this exactly. It’s really normal for some people to walk miles- that’s often one of my favourite parts of a night out. The long walk home with music on. I wouldn’t really worry too much about it and I’m always alone too. The thing is that the streets are now quieter. So when I was out last Weds it felt more scary even at 8.30 in the evening. I was on a normally busy road but it was quiet and I was alone. I felt uneasy and that’s not usual for central London in the evening.

On the subject of chloroform, I seem to remember from discussions on the Madeleine McCann case that abductors often try to use it but the problem is that you don’t need much of it and often end up killing people rather than just knocking them out. Not a nice subject but there you are.

Apparently the use of chloroform in this context is a bit of a mythology, possibly created by Hollywood- It's very difficult to knock someone out with it.

Not an expert on mobile phone pings at all, but may be of interest. This map shows the locations of cell towers in the area. If you click on the Clarence Ave tower 748 you can see the coverage area spreads quite far.

I wonder if it's possible her phone moved to this tower which showed that her phone moved away from earlier Clapham Common towers, which has now been corroborated with CCTV from the house.

It then suggests her phone didn't connect to any further towers closer to her home such as 12975.

Again - no expert so could be wildly wrong!

3 UK (United Kingdom) Cell Tower Map

I suspect this is correct.

a part from Drive thru's and local convenient shops I did not think many places were open because of restrictions
Yeah; I can't think of many places on that route that either exist or are open at the moment. Unless turning off on to New Park Road, I suppose, but that's after Poynders Road/Kings Ave.

Yeah; I can't think of many places on that route that either exist or are open at the moment. Unless turning off on to New Park Road, I suppose, but that's after Poynders Road/Kings Ave.

I thought some take aways would still be open, my bad!

Apparently the use of chloroform in this context is a bit of a mythology, possibly created by Hollywood- It's very difficult to knock someone out with it.
Thanks sundaaay. I just tried look it up in the context of abductions and got a lot of disgusting and probably illegal websites. I do not recommend this to posters! God there are some really disturbed people out there.

But anyway, thanks for the clarification on that.

Bottom line in this case is that if a man wants to abduct a woman - particularly a small, slim one - he just has to grab her and shove her into his car. No drugs needed.

@ElizaKate amazing work on the CCTV cameras. What about the grey image on other days in the same location? Are there as many on other days, or would you say a higher incidence?

I'm inclined to agree that there might be some significance. LE don't want internet sleuths like us trying to identify images of suspects!

Oh man there's a large amount missing stills in the evening of the following night for the Brixton Water Lane cam. Which has just made me feel a little uneasy tbh.

Could be anything I guess. Perhaps there was a car accident or something.

Behind some of the censored stills is relevant information. Not necessarily saying them all.

Perhaps if more information is released it might be possible to narrow down a bit.

Oh man there's a large amount missing stills in the evening of the following night for the Brixton Water Lane cam. Which has just made me feel a little uneasy tbh.

Could be anything I guess. Perhaps there was a car accident or something.

Behind some of the censored stills is relevant information. Not necessarily saying them all.

Perhaps if more information is released it might be possible to narrow down a bit.

Would those next day censored stills be for the time before and just after the boyfriend called police at 8pm to report her missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member