UK UK - Sarah Wellgreen, 46, Kent, 9 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Current boyfriend,( Neil James) of Sarah releasing new photos of them together and thanking searchers and public Sarah Wellgreen's boyfriend shares new photos as hunt for missing mum continues

Ex-husband and father of her three youngest children, Ben Lacomba, conspicuous by his absence from media or search efforts, although to be fair perhaps he has been told to stay away from everything by police or his lawyer. Just looks bad when you appear not to be trying to help find the mother of your young children.
Hoping desperately they find her soon but it looks like considerable effort has been put into hiding her. Interesting quotations on Ben Lacomba's FB page, he clearly likes to win.

Current boyfriend,( Neil James) of Sarah releasing new photos of them together and thanking searchers and public Sarah Wellgreen's boyfriend shares new photos as hunt for missing mum continues

Ex-husband and father of her three youngest children, Ben Lacomba, conspicuous by his absence from media or search efforts, although to be fair perhaps he has been told to stay away from everything by police or his lawyer. Just looks bad when you appear not to be trying to help find the mother of your young children.
Hoping desperately they find her soon but it looks like considerable effort has been put into hiding her. Interesting quotations on Ben Lacomba's FB page, he clearly likes to win.

I agree with the lack of effort by BL - regardless of how you feel about your ex , if it was the mother of your children youd do everything in your power to help find her for the sake of your children. I believe the police jnow he is involved , which is why they released possible murder status after his arrest.

I really feel for her children. I cant imagine how the last few weeks have been for them. I hope for the best outcome and she is found safe and well but its not looking good.

Do we know who was the last person to see Sarah alive? I believe it was said it was on the evening on the 9 October but i can't find any report saying exactly who it was?

This case, as I already mentioned, has shades of the Claudia Lawrence mystery about it. The complex personal life means they really need to find her before they can proceed with certainty, because there is always the possibility some random element has come into play and BL isn't to blame.

Another case that springs to mind is the disappearance of Linda Razzell.

Deceased/Not Found - UK - Linda Razzell-Davies, Wiltshire, 19 March 2002 *G. Razzell guilty*

Her husband, Glyn Razzell, is in prison for it but Christopher Halliwell also did work on her house a year or so before she vanished.

Do we know who was the last person to see Sarah alive? I believe it was said it was on the evening on the 9 October but i can't find any report saying exactly who it was?

No, I don't think I have seen who this sighting was attributed to, I'm presuming Lacomba and/or the children. I don't think he would deny that Sarah reached home that evening as her car was there, and possibly handbag, work stuff etc and because the children would have seen her come home, had tea together etc. I believe the police would only state that as the last sighting of her if they were confident of that.
I'm assuming that they have pings maybe from Sarah's phone that could place her there, maybe from the call she made to Neil James 9pmish.
I still want to know what Lacomba's statement is as to when she left, how she left, and why she only took her phone. It's winter, what clothes/shoes are missing, are Sarah's nightclothes in the house she was wearing that night, can the children tell us?

This case, as I already mentioned, has shades of the Claudia Lawrence mystery about it. The complex personal life means they really need to find her before they can proceed with certainty, because there is always the possibility some random element has come into play and BL isn't to blame.

Another case that springs to mind is the disappearance of Linda Razzell.

Deceased/Not Found - UK - Linda Razzell-Davies, Wiltshire, 19 March 2002 *G. Razzell guilty*

Her husband, Glyn Razzell, is in prison for it but Christopher Halliwell also did work on her house a year or so before she vanished.

It does have shades of Claudia's case however i think they have a lot more to go on with Sarah then they ever did with Claudia. The police do seemed convinced that she is deceased hence all the searches over the last couple of weeks.

No, I don't think I have seen who this sighting was attributed to, I'm presuming Lacomba and/or the children. I don't think he would deny that Sarah reached home that evening as her car was there, and possibly handbag, work stuff etc and because the children would have seen her come home, had tea together etc. I believe the police would only state that as the last sighting of her if they were confident of that.
I'm assuming that they have pings maybe from Sarah's phone that could place her there, maybe from the call she made to Neil James 9pmish.
I still want to know what Lacomba's statement is as to when she left, how she left, and why she only took her phone. It's winter, what clothes/shoes are missing, are Sarah's nightclothes in the house she was wearing that night, can the children tell us?

I would imagine the older child (i think he's 12?) would be the one police will be questioning on when he last saw his mom. Neil James said Sarah text to say she got home at 8.15pm, then he said he phoned her at 9.24pm and had a 15 minute phone conversation with her - she said she was in bed. The younger children might not have seen her when she came home, they might have been in bed. The older child will be the one they will focus on. MOO of course.

Police force door to search mum's home
Police have returned to search the home of a missing mother of five Sarah Wellgreen this morning.

Officers forced entry to her home in Bazes Shaw at about 9am to further search her property after detectives received intelligence.

It is understood no one has been arrested on connection with the search.

TT3VKX2YOY1T0QPGQU28.jpg

Police are currently searching the home of Miss Wellgreeen and another property at on the estate, picture Chris Davey
The front door of her home has been forced open by officers this morning and police are also searching another property nearby in Hanover Court.

The move comes after officers spent days at her home searching her property soon after she was reported missing.

Only the DM :rolleyes: but info for any WS'ers not in UK and following.

I'm quite intrigued by the sentences I've underlined. Wonder if he was in the house when they broke in, and also curious as to the "identified lines of enquiry" stated by the police. I think an OP suggested police were tracing BL's movements during certain hours?

Detectives return to missing Sarah Wellgreen's home 'after tip-off' | Daily Mail Online
Missing mother-of-five Sarah Wellgreen's ex-boyfriend returns to their home as police finish their eight-hour search of the house and the garden shed
  • Officers forced their way into her semi-detached home this morning
  • Ms Wellgreen's partner, Ben Lacomba, was seen leaving the house this morning
  • 18:35, 2 November 2018

• The ex-boyfriend of missing Sarah Wellgreen returned to their home this evening as police finished an eight-hour search of the house and garden shed.
Ben Lacomba, 38, was seen returning to the property in Kent after police earlier smashed their way into the home to conduct a search.
A team of officers burst into her home this morning after investigators received new information related to the case.

Sarah lived at the property with her former partner Ben Lacomba, 38, who was previously questioned by police and is now on bail.

WzEyMzExMjAxOCwiY3hvLmEiLCJodHRwczovL2kuZGFpbHltYWlsLmNvLnVrLzFzLzIwMTgvMTEvMDIvMTgvNTcwNTE5OC02MzQ1Nzk1LWltYWdlLW0tMzJfMTU0MTE4Mjc2NDcwMS5qcGciLCJybmQ3ODU3IiwiZWIyMzQ2ZiJd

+17
WzEyMzExMjAxOCwiY3hvLmEiLCJodHRwczovL2kuZGFpbHltYWlsLmNvLnVrLzFzLzIwMTgvMTEvMDIvMTgvNTcwNTIwNC02MzQ1Nzk1LWltYWdlLWEtMzNfMTU0MTE4Mjc2ODUzNS5qcGciLCJybmQ3ODU3IiwiZWIyMzQ2ZiJd

Ben Lacomba (left and right), 38, was seen returning to his home in the village of New Ash Green, Kent this evening after police conducted an eight-hour search of the garden and property. They had earlier forced their way into the home after receiving new information related to the missing Sarah Wellgreen

Police sniffer dogs were seen being taken in and out of the semi-detached house this morning

Mr Lacomba was seeing leaving the property a few hours after police moved in to begin their search.
It is understood another house in New Ash Green is also being searched as part of the ongoing investigation.

Investigating Officer Detective Inspector Chris Greenstreet said: 'Officers are continuing to search a number of areas in north and west Kent in connection with identified lines of enquiry.

Police certainly trying to "break" Lacomba, it looks like to me. But they clearly want to find Sarah, or at least the phone to strengthen their case. People around Lacomba need to do the right thing and come forward with any info they have or where they think Sarah might be.

This cctv police released to the media might break him. It's clearly a taxi in one of the images.

The CCTV images that could hold the key to the fate of missing mother-of five Sarah Wellgreen | Daily Mail Online

You gotta love the DM helpfully and subtly pointing out the fact that Lacomba's clothes and taxi are the same as the man's in the CCTV. Someone going back to check that something has washed away in the river that he put there earlier? Or someone trying to direct the search efforts to the wrong area?

Police are appealing for more CCTV, seems they need to catch a car they can link to Lacomba moving probably on the night of the 9th/early morning of the 10th Oct. Would he have used a car as distinctive as his taxi that he must have known would also be checked forensically? Or did he use another vehicle and/or have help? I wonder now if Sarah's body will be recovered if it is in the Thames. Still possible but by now it would be very damaged. Tragic. As DM adds, it's still no comment from Lacomba. I hope they can track down more CCTV and force a confession if he is responsible. Certainly looks very bad for him at the moment.

Just read this from Police silent as CCTV of hooded figure emerges in Sarah Wellgreen search
Anyone else wonder if the DM was passed the CCTV - and maybe (?) the pics weren't issued by the Police?
I did think it odd that (apart from The Sun) I can't see it reported in any other paper. Usually if some striking info has been released by Police it is published generally.
Maybe I'm overthinking this as usual :oops:.
This is snipped from the link above, any comments ? =

Police are tightlipped over reports they are investigating CCTV images of a hooded man and a parked car in connection with the disappearance of missing mum Sarah Wellgreen.

The grainy images, thought to be captured near the Thames, may provide vital clues in the 'potential murder' investigation, The Mail on Sunday reports.

It is the images published by the Mail on Sunday, they say prompted Thursday's search of the Thames, with divers scouring mudflats just a short walk from the apparent scene of the footage.

However Kent Police refused to elaborate on whether the footage was being examined as part of the investigation when asked by Kent Live.

The newspaper reports the black-and-white images emerged last week after a police appeal.

Police descend on area near where Sarah Wellgreen was last seen

Police search Longcroft farm as part of Sarah Wellgreen investigation

Three police vans are part of an operation near the home of missing Sarah Wellgreen.

Searches have been carried out in woodland areas near her home in New Ash Green and the surrounding areas to try and find the mother of five.

This morning, officers parked in Idleigh Court Road to begin searching in Longcroft Farm. A witness said they arrived at 8.30am.

Just seen this update - nothing positive sadly. Every day I hope to hear she has been found. I have confidence in the police search and sure they are doing all they can to locate Sarah. They will find her I'm sure.

Why volunteers have stopped searching for Sarah Wellgreen
Sarah Wellgreen volunteer searchers have stepped down while Kent Police ramp up official searches
The New Ash Green mum's disappearance is being treated as a potential murder
Volunteers involved in the search for missing mum Sarah Wellgreen have stepped down.

Her disappearance is being treated by police as a potential murder, with officers scouring the River Thames and searching more than 60 different locations.

Worried volunteers have also joined in the search after setting up a Facebook page called Search for Sarah Wellgreen.

The social media site has been used to help with appeals for dash cam footage and coordinating helpers for searches.

But a post was issued this morning (November 6) explaining why volunteers have been asked to step down in their searches.

Many welcomes porkypies :D:D

Hi. Really glad you brought this up as it has been bothering me too.
I looked back at early reports (copied below) and wondered what it means by "it didn't deliver".
I don't have an iphone so does that mean the message is returned to sender ?
Does this clearly show her phone was off from very early Wed a.m. I'm supposing here - but as you remark 'how does anyone know she took it with her' :confused:

Mr James told MailOnline: 'On the Tuesday night I spoke to Sarah on the phone at 9.24pm, the conversation went on for about 15 minutes.

'She said she was at home and she was in bed. Every night Sarah and I would speak and every morning either she or I would say 'morning honey' and text and that would normally be before 8am.

'On Wednesday morning I texted her about 7.50am 'morning honey, how's you?', that sort of thing, and it didn't deliver.

'I didn't think anything of it at first, I thought she just hadn't charged her phone or whatever. It got to lunchtime and then I tried texting her again, I tried calling her, emailing her, Whatsapp, messenger.'

Panicking, Mr James then messaged Miss Wellgreen's older sons, Lewis, 22, and Jack, 21, from her previous marriage to Dave Burdett.

He also texted the eldest of Sarah's children with her ex-partner, Ben Lacomba, who also hadn't seen her.

Mr James later called Mr Lacomba, with whom she lived, who then reported her missing to police.

So, according to NJ, Sarah told him she had arrived home about 8.15 pm on the Tuesday night.
She then posted something to FB at 8.39pm - a link to an article - and then had the tele con with NJ at 9.24pm, where she told him she was at home.

NJ says he contacted her children on the Wednesday lunchtime - and then at some time later ( presumably same day ? ) he contacted BL. But BL apparently did not report Sarah as missing until the Thursday.

Police continue searching for missing mum

Police search teams scour woodland near Malthouse Road near Ridley as part of their efforts to trace missing mum Sarah Wellgreen

Police are continuing to search areas of woodland near New Ash Green in a bid to trace missing mother-of-five Sarah Wellgreen.

This morning officers were seen in Malthouse Road near Ridley as they continue to comb woodland and countryside in their efforts to find her.

Miss Wellgreen, 46, was last seen in the Bazes Shaw area more than four weeks ago and police have searched many areas of woodland and countryside since she was last seen.
Last week officers searched areas near Bluewater shopping centre in Greenhithe and searched a wooded area in Mount Road, as part of their ongoing investigations.

Police vans could be seen parked on streets opposite an area of woodland off the road as officers trawled the area for clues, it is just one of a number of locations they are searching as part of their investigations.

This morning four police vans arrived in Malthouse Road and teams of officers with search equipment were seen scouring the area.

So, according to NJ, Sarah told him she had arrived home about 8.15 pm on the Tuesday night.
She then posted something to FB at 8.39pm - a link to an article - and then had the tele con with NJ at 9.24pm, where she told him she was at home.

NJ says he contacted her children on the Wednesday lunchtime - and then at some time later ( presumably same day ? ) he contacted BL. But BL apparently did not report Sarah as missing until the Thursday.

@ Alyce, with all the usual 'gossip and misinformation' who knows really? Hopefully the police.
There was also this reported in The Sun =Does the complicated love life of mum-of-five hold key to her disappearance?
One of the last sightings of Sarah — who friends describe as a “bubbly” and “friendly” mum — was on the morning she disappeared.
Fellow parents at the school gates told The Sun how she appeared fine as they shared a laugh.

One dad said: “She made a joke and she was really happy and smiley, not acting strangely or like she was going to disappear.”

This does not really tally with NJ's attempted contact early same morning that was not received/answered though.
Last sighting or contact = not confirmed as Tues evening or possible sighting Wed early morning ??

Can't find it now so possibly disregard, but weeks ago thought I read after no response NJ contacted children he then contacted Sarah's parents. As last resort - when?? - he contacted BL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member