UK UK - Sarah Wellgreen, 46, Kent, 9 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does anyone know that she took her iPhone with her?

Many welcomes porkypies :D:D

Hi. Really glad you brought this up as it has been bothering me too.
I looked back at early reports (copied below) and wondered what it means by "it didn't deliver".
I don't have an iphone so does that mean the message is returned to sender ?
Does this clearly show her phone was off from very early Wed a.m. I'm supposing here - but as you remark 'how does anyone know she took it with her' :confused:

Mr James told MailOnline: 'On the Tuesday night I spoke to Sarah on the phone at 9.24pm, the conversation went on for about 15 minutes.

'She said she was at home and she was in bed. Every night Sarah and I would speak and every morning either she or I would say 'morning honey' and text and that would normally be before 8am.

'On Wednesday morning I texted her about 7.50am 'morning honey, how's you?', that sort of thing, and it didn't deliver.

'I didn't think anything of it at first, I thought she just hadn't charged her phone or whatever. It got to lunchtime and then I tried texting her again, I tried calling her, emailing her, Whatsapp, messenger.'

Panicking, Mr James then messaged Miss Wellgreen's older sons, Lewis, 22, and Jack, 21, from her previous marriage to Dave Burdett.

He also texted the eldest of Sarah's children with her ex-partner, Ben Lacomba, who also hadn't seen her.

Mr James later called Mr Lacomba, with whom she lived, who then reported her missing to police.

Last edited:
‘A river is being searched for missing mother-of-five Sarah Wellgreen, whose disappearance is being treated as a potential murder.

Kent Police tweeted that marine officers had begun searching the River Darent in Dartford town centre.

Officers have searched drains and used a drone around the Kent town.

Last week a man was arrested and bailed until 16 November pending inquiries.’

Sarah Wellgreen: River searched for missing mother-of-five

Marine search unit officers are currently searching the river Darent in #Dartford town centre in connection with the disappearance and potential murder of #NewAshGreen mother of five Sarah Wellgreen.

Kent Police (UK) on Twitter

Our searches for Sarah Wellgreen, who was last seen in New Ash Green on 9 October, are continuing today. Members of the public are likely to see our officers in surrounding areas as our enquiries continue.

Many welcomes porkypies :D:D

Hi. Really glad you brought this up as it has been bothering me too.
I looked back at early reports (copied below) and wondered what it means by "it didn't deliver".
I don't have an iphone so does that mean the message is returned to sender ?
Does this clearly show her phone was off from very early Wed a.m. I'm supposing here - but as you remark 'how does anyone know she took it with her' :confused:

Mr James told MailOnline: 'On the Tuesday night I spoke to Sarah on the phone at 9.24pm, the conversation went on for about 15 minutes.

'She said she was at home and she was in bed. Every night Sarah and I would speak and every morning either she or I would say 'morning honey' and text and that would normally be before 8am.

'On Wednesday morning I texted her about 7.50am 'morning honey, how's you?', that sort of thing, and it didn't deliver.

'I didn't think anything of it at first, I thought she just hadn't charged her phone or whatever. It got to lunchtime and then I tried texting her again, I tried calling her, emailing her, Whatsapp, messenger.'

Panicking, Mr James then messaged Miss Wellgreen's older sons, Lewis, 22, and Jack, 21, from her previous marriage to Dave Burdett.

He also texted the eldest of Sarah's children with her ex-partner, Ben Lacomba, who also hadn't seen her.

Mr James later called Mr Lacomba, with whom she lived, who then reported her missing to police.

You can adjust your settings so that it shows you whether your message was received by the phone - you will then get a "Delivered" notice. I think that's what he was referring to. If you don't get that notice the phone might be switched off or run out of charge, or there's no reception.

Still they haven't found her. I'm starting to get concerned that she has been put into some commercial waste bin somewhere and because of the delay in starting the searches these bins would have been picked up. I think these sites are supposed to have procedures for checking for things that shouldn't be there but I'm not totally confident that is a foolproof process.

The police's prime suspect here has a reputation for deception, I'm thinking he will have put a little more thought into covering his tracks maybe. Like using someone else's vehicle for transportation, he is/was a taxi driver so he has plenty of access to vehicles. If these are trackable, did any of them have their tracking disabled over that couple of days or can't be accounted for? Who is the person/s who always bails out the suspect when he has trouble? Where were they over that period? Anybody have a seaside trip, New Ash Green is pretty close to the sea.

I'm thinking the phone may not be with Sarah. Even someone as non-techie as me knows about phone tracking, anyone nefarious is going to put that somewhere else. I hope the police have a special officer who can befriend the children, if they were in the house one or all of them will know if there were arguments, did Mum leave, was Mum there to get them breakfast or where did Dad say Mum had gone?
So difficult for children in this situation, they might be afraid of the remaining parent, they might want to protect him, they will be afraid of what will happen to them if both parents disappear. I really hope they have some relatives/friends around who can reassure them that they will have someone to look after them and a home IF it is the case that the police eventually charge their father.
I think if they can make a really strong case that there is no evidence that Sarah left the house they may go ahead and charge the ex anyway even if there is no body and hope that the pressure of that will bring results.

No further news but an update from Kent Police

Appeals (witnesses and missing people)

Updated at 11.15am on Monday 29 October 2018.

Detectives from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate are continuing their investigation into the disappearance of 46-year-old Sarah Wellgreen from New Ash Green.

The disappearance of Sarah is being treated as suspicious and a potential murder.

Thanks for the update.
MSM struggling for something to write about ??

However a source said: 'There must have been about 400 people out looking over the weekend and a number of objects were found and reported to police.

'These included at least two dagger-style knives and women's clothing found at different locations. -

I am still curious as to why finding the iphone has so much importance? Could this be to confirm or deny what has been told to the police about messages/calls?
I don't know of course, just from what has been reported the police seem more concentrated on finding the iphone than finding a body? Have I misunderstood :(

I am still curious as to why finding the iphone has so much importance? Could this be to confirm or deny what has been told to the police about messages/calls?
I don't know of course, just from what has been reported the police seem more concentrated on finding the iphone than finding a body? Have I misunderstood :([/QUOTE]

No, I agree the emphasis on the iphone does seem very prominent. Again I am tech-challenged on this but I'm assuming that they are thinking they could retrieve info from it that wouldn't show on "remote" phone records, like communication through some sort of app? As in, presumably "she hooked up with a toyboy and just went off with him that night". As I said, there has to be a story of why and how Sarah left the house and typically (coming from an ex ) this might be a little contemptuous and casting her in a bad light.

Just as an aside, I had a much younger boyfriend once and there would be no way I would be going off without my moisturiser and make-up. Sarah's a beautician as well. I think gender differences show up in possible cover-up situations like this. Male perps fail to think of what a woman would take with her and when they send fake texts, they send one word answers which appear odd.
But every woman I know with children is typically communicating with those kids non-stop, they can't explain that.

The police are now searching an area near the Bluewater Shopping Centre at Greenhithe, apparantly the seventh search for Sarah since she went missing. I would hazard a guess they have followed the pings of BL's phone from the 9/10 October and have searched based an that information. MOO

Hi, we are looking for footage from the evening of the 9 October to the morning of 10 October. Thanks

Thanks HayLouise. I do hope drivers/householders/businesses realise that ALL footage can be useful here - even if nothing is shown at that time in that area it can help with eliminating places.

So dreadful for all the family. I keep recalling how long it took to find poor Helen Bailey. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patterson Vincent