GUILTY UK - Sian Blake, 43, Zachary, 8, & Amon, 4, London, 13 Dec 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Great news, I really didn't think they'd get him so quickly!

Anyone know what Ghana/UK extradition laws are?

I didn't either! He's had such a lot of time to find somewhere to hide out and create an effective network of support. I'm so pleased they've found him!!

From the DM article linked above:

Arthur Simpson-Kent, 48, was armed with a 'knife and a spoon' when he was detained in the coastal town of Takoradi, 150 miles from the Ghanian capital Accra.

What the fork?!

Statement from the IPCC:

Police response to Sian Blake’s disappearance to be investigated

Jan 8, 2016

An independent investigation is underway into the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) response to concerns for the welfare of Sian Blake and her two children, Zachary and Amon, and police actions during the subsequent missing persons enquiry.

Police began their enquiries following the report of concern with a visit to Sian’s home on Pembroke Road, Erith, on 16 December 2015, where officers spoke to her partner, Arthur Simpson-Kent.

Sadly, the bodies of Sian and her two children were found at the Pembroke Road address 20 days later, on 5 January 2016.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) investigation will examine the police response, actions and decision making following the reported concern for welfare.

IPCC Associate Commissioner Tom Milsom said:

“The loss of Sian and her two young boys Zachary and Amon, is a tragedy and my thoughts are with their family during this very difficult time.

“The IPCC will be conducting a thorough investigation into how police responded to the concerns for their welfare and their disappearance.”

https://www.ipcc.gov.uk/news/police...pearance-be-investigated#sthash.hVdF7K8f.dpuf

I don't believe they could have been saved, but the lack of urgency seems a bit worrying on the face of it.

So glad he's been detained. You can run, but you can't hide!

I really didn't think they'd find him!

I want to make inappropriate jokes about the spoon but it's too soon.

I'm just so relieved!

Sian Blake murder suspect Arthur Simpson-Kent arrested in Ghana http://dailym.ai/1ZiAwPv via @MailOnline

Images from DM article:

402cd7cd6f982a6da2c31e6d7ce701da.jpg

009bfc06659210d56129218f932585d1.jpg

9ec6abb0ba44b809fee02c47083b3ce8.jpg

:rose: :rose: :rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didnt think they would get him at all ! and well done to the woman who spotted him and reported him to the police.

Re the spoon - he was apparently eating a coconut when he was found.

More info about his arrest. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3394462/Documents-murder-suspect-Arthur-Simpson-Kent.html

I particularly like the bit where the Ghanaian police are all pleased with themselves for catching him:

In a convoy alongside marked police cars with blue lights flashing and sirens wailing, The Mail on Sunday witnessed police chiefs mocking Scotland Yard as they did a 'victory lap' in Busua in front of a cheering crowd.

I feel the police should be allowed to do victory laps more often...

Court appearance yesterday:

The partner of the former EastEnders actor Sian Blake has appeared in court in Ghana, accused of murdering his girlfriend and their two sons and facing extradition to the UK.

Appearing at Accra’s Kaneshie magistrates court, Arthur Simpson-Kent was told by the magistrate Rosemund Dodua Agyiri he would be remanded in custody in the capital for two weeks while extradition proceedings were prepared.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jan/12/sian-blake-suspect-appears-in-court-in-ghana

I really hope the UK have the paperwork sorted over the weekend, or there is the real chance of ASK being released on Tuesday (I think).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass
Back