GUILTY UK - Sian Blake, 43, Zachary, 8, & Amon, 4, London, 13 Dec 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unbelievable that the garden was not searched as routine when the police first checked the house, over 3 weeks ago.

As Missoni said, who digs in their garden at this time of the year ( in the UK ) and surely freshly dug earth would have been noticed, no matter how well it had been compacted back down.

I thought the golden rule for police was start at source and work outwards - surely the garden is source !

Unbelievable that the garden was not searched as routine when the police first checked the house, over 3 weeks ago.

As Missoni said, who digs in their garden at this time of the year ( in the UK ) and surely freshly dug earth would have been noticed, no matter how well it had been compacted back down.

I thought the golden rule for police was start at source and work outwards - surely the garden is source !

Yes, it sounds like quite a botch job on the investigation. I'm not sure it would've saved Sian and the children but we might at least know the whereabouts of Simpson-Kent if he hadn't been allowed time to flee.

Yes I think the blue tarps are just strung up in the trees to stop people taking photos (bit out of order that someone did take a snap in this DM article, and also a bit much showing pics of the body bags being removed, but then the DM usually has photos of everything)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...murder-probe-revealed-boyfriend-vanished.html

I wonder what the tall thin box is the police are removing from the house?

BBM - at a guess, could they be tools that were potentially used to bury the bodies? Spades and the such. It is a police evidence box after all. Just MOO

I'm trying to find the link, but I read last night that the texts from Sian's phone saying she wanted to spend Christmas alone with her boys were sent from a different area of the UK. Sent by her killer, no doubt.

Mail says cost 'could' be a reason for delays:

Police did not find the bodies of Sian Blake and her sons for 20 days because they were worried about running up a large overtime bill searching for her over Christmas, a former murder detective claimed.

Police discovered the partially decomposed bodies of former EastEnders actress Miss Blake, Zachary, eight, and Amon, four, buried in their back garden in Erith, Kent – 20 days after they were reported missing.

Ex-Metropolitan Police detective Colin Sutton said worries over the cost of policing over the Christmas period could have played a role in the delay, which allowed Arthur Simpson-Kent – Miss Blake’s partner and the father of her sons – to flee the house.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ct-flee-home-country-Ghana.html#ixzz3wYfNj2UM

His ex wife isn't holding back!

Among other snippets, she hopes he kills himself and he has been suicidal in the past.

The article is very gossipy, so take it for what it's worth:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cked-40-000-debts-black-supremacist-cult.html

From that article:

Once there Mr Simpson-Kent began working as a bouncer in Monaco. But during this time Miss Deblieux said he became involved in a ‘strange cult’, the United Nuwaubian Nation of Moors. The group, which was founded in the 1970s, was once listed by the FBI as a potential terrorist threat.

I don't believe it was anything to do with Nuwaubian, just found it interesting. Never heard of them before I started to read WS, and never knew they had followers outside the US.

The former partner of EastEnders star Sian Blake arrived in Ghana THREE DAYS after he was questioned by police in the UK.

Last night Ghanian security sources confirmed to the Mirror that Arthur Simpson-Kent arrived in the country on December 19 on a KLM flight.

Simpson-Kent is believed to have flown from Glasgow after being interviewed at the family home in Erith, Kent.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sian-blake-murder-boyfriend-eastenders-7130790

ITV has a picture of ASK arriving in Ghana with a time stamp.

The angle doesn't look like CCTV, I'd guess maybe they photo arrivals at passport control.

stream_img.jpg

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-01-07/...-in-ghana-days-after-being-quizzed-by-police/

ETA the pic isn't that clear. Time stamp is 21:01 on 19th Dec 2015.

Everything I read about this case, I just end up sitting here shaking my head in sadness.

Mail says cost 'could' be a reason for delays:

Not sure I buy the cost excuse, although it could be a factor. I was listening to the radio on the way home from work yesterday and whoever from the police was interviewed said that it was likely to be the first responder to the scene initially wouldn't have been trained in certain searches that would have been required to raise concerns over the garden area. I don't have any links for this as is was heard on radio.

Not really buying that either, seems more likely someone really messed up either way so let's just pass the buck for a bit. :tantrum:

MOO!

In fairness to the police and like I've said on other cases, the police can't go around digging up back gardens every time someone is reported as missing..

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

In fairness to the police and like I've said on other cases, the police can't go around digging up back gardens every time someone is reported as missing..

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

No they can't, it'd be chaos! But wasn't it reported they have been in the house conducting searches for some time? I looked at the garden on google earth, the places where the police tents have been placed were just part of the lawn. You'd assume it would be noted that it had been freshly dug (I also assume police use google earth to look at "before" shots of properties). I think there's been a *advertiser censored* up, but it wouldn't have saved Sian and the kids, might have prevented the man from leaving the country though.

This has the whiff of inevitability/domestic violence. Gemma Macluskie and now Sian Blake, two actresses now (likely) added to the stats of women murdered daily by men known to them ie family/partners. RIP :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eppomoosha
Back