GUILTY UK - Sian O'Callaghan, 22, Swindon, Wiltshire, 19 March 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If the families who think it could be a missing relative come forward. They will most likely be asked to provide a sample of their DNA to compare with the victim's to see if there is a familial link.

We had a murder case in Napa, CA of two young women. If I remember correctly there was no DNA of the suspect found in the murder house. But LE found 2 cigarette butts in the front yard & 1 in the back garden.

They ran a DNA profile on him but he wasn't in the data base. The sample was given to a geneticist who identified him as white, with blue eyes and blonde hair.

The suspect was watching the news one night and heard the geneticist's results and that his wife was to be interviewed by LE. He went to the police station and turned himself in. Eric Copple - blue eyes, blond hair and white.

Amazing things can be done with DNA. Let's hope they have a good enough sample to identify her - or eliminate some of the families that have a female missing.

Is it not official that Sian is deceased?
Just wondering why she is still in the Missing forum and not the Located forum.
Are they still waiting for confirmation, or am I missing something? I thought it was a 2nd body (not Sian) that they are still trying to identify?
Maybe I'm just getting confused, its been a rough couple days!

We had a murder case in Napa, CA of two young women. If I remember correctly there was no DNA of the suspect found in the murder house. But LE found 2 cigarette butts in the front yard & 1 in the back garden.

They ran a DNA profile on him but he wasn't in the data base. The sample was given to a geneticist who identified him as white, with blue eyes and blonde hair.

The suspect was watching the news one night and heard the geneticist's results and that his wife was to be interviewed by LE. He went to the police station and turned himself in. Eric Copple - blue eyes, blond hair and white.

Amazing things can be done with DNA. Let's hope they have a good enough sample to identify her - or eliminate some of the families that have a female missing.

Unbelievable, then can get all that information from a disgarded cigarette butt.

Nowadays even a skeleton can tell a tale

Skeletal remains can often also give clues to sex, race and in some instances country of origin as advances in forensic science have allowed us to extract mineral samples from the bones and cross reference them against the various drinking waters to be found across the globe.

This can be useful if the individual is someone from another country who has perhaps not been reported as missing because they are in a country illegally or simply because there are no other means of identification.

Thanks to the mods for switching this thread to the Located forum!

How does one find the 'missing' and 'located' topics from the main board of this forum? :waitasec:

I can't see a 'missing' section at all and can only get here through following links.

How does one find the 'missing' and 'located' topics from the main board of this forum? :waitasec:

I can't see a 'missing' section at all and can only get here through following links.

Go to the home page (upper left hand corner, top of screen)

Go to "Forums" (upper left hand corner, top of screen)

Scroll down a ways.

Go to the home page (upper left hand corner, top of screen)

Go to "Forums" (upper left hand corner, top of screen)

Scroll down a ways.

Yes, I've been starting from the forums page but still can't see it. What section is it in?

On another note, good to hear they have identified the other lady.

Yes, I've been starting from the forums page but still can't see it. What section is it in?

On another note, good to hear they have identified the other lady.

Sixth section down: "Missing!!"

Quick turnaround on ID'ing second victim. Do we think CH talked?

Thank you, but that is how I'm getting here already. What is confusing me is that there is no sign of this section on the main forum board. Weird.

Sixth section down: "Missing!!"

Quick turnaround on ID'ing second victim. Do we think CH talked?

I think they had a good idea of the identity, maybe just didn't want any more
speculation in the media until the woman was positively identified.

How sad for a family to get such terrible news, my heart goes out to them.

Cherwell, scroll down on this page to: Forum Jump. You can see exactly where you are in the Forums. Click the little arrow and it opens the entire site navigation. So it doesn't matter where you are on Websleuths, you can always get to the thread you want.

When you sign on to Websleuths, click Forums and you're in the right place. Just scroll down to 'Located Forum Discussion'.

TP was a local woman who disappeared 10 years ago but then it was reported she had been found safe and well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back