Found Deceased UK - Thomas Jones, 18, Worcester, 19 Sep 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Even so, at around a mile it should only have taken him 20 minutes to walk from the city centre to his hall of residence, yet 50 minutes later he's little over half way there.

He might have stopped somewhere quiet to call his parents en route, and we know he sent a snapchat or two. His phone should reveal quite a lot. Hope Scorpio is right and there's a presser tomorrow. Also hope this does not go the way of Corrie and that the police are a bit more engaging, putting rumours to rest etc etc.

He might have stopped somewhere quiet to call his parents en route, and we know he sent a snapchat or two. His phone should reveal quite a lot. Hope Scorpio is right and there's a presser tomorrow. Also hope this does not go the way of Corrie and that the police are a bit more engaging, putting rumours to rest etc etc.

Whatever he was doing effectively took 40 minutes so if it was phone calls they were long ones. That's why I wondered if he was being hassled by the two men arrested and was maybe hiding from them or trying to avoid them.

Whatever he was doing effectively took 40 minutes so if it was phone calls they were long ones. That's why I wondered if he was being hassled by the two men arrested and was maybe hiding from them or trying to avoid them.

It's a definite possibility. I've not had chance to look yet, what's the demographic like in that part of town? Mainly students or businesses or is it residential?

I am a bit concerned that no body has been found yet, i know that the river seven can run quite fast, and also that it's a a distance to the Bristol chanel , hopefully they are also searching down nearer Bristol, on the news today all they showed was the police searching near the bridge in the undergrouh in Worcester,

It's a definite possibility. I've not had chance to look yet, what's the demographic like in that part of town? Mainly students or businesses or is it residential?

Mostly residential by the look of it. Some scattered Victorian houses but a lot from the interwar period through to the 1970s. Quite a lot of bungalows, houses look like a mix of what would have been council semis, no doubt now mostly private, and semis that would have been private from the start. The university campus seems to be an island surrounded by residential developments, with some commercial property like the BBC and newspaper offices along the main road.

The residential properties around the campus do seem to include at least some student houses and HMOs. However quite a few of the HMO listings specifically exclude students.

Rightmove.co.uk

Timeline:

3.00am McDonald’s Foregate Street with friends.

Friends got university transport home - Tom walked as he had done the night before.

3.15am - Spoke to his mother on the phone, said he was home, was actually still on the way.

3.30am - Took a Snapchat near Worcester racecourse black fences - thought to be on path towards river.

3.45am - Told flat mates he was on way home and wouldn’t be long.

3.51am - Send Snapchat to friend in halls saying wouldn’t be long till he was there.

There is no evidence of where Tom was at any time since 3.51am.

Disappearance of Thomas Jones: What we know so far in the investigation | Worcester News

West Mercia Police
11 mins ·

Two men arrested on suspicion of the murder of Thomas Jones in Worcester have been released from custody and are no longer being treated as suspects. Both have cooperated fully with the police.

Det Insp James Bayliss from West Mercia Police said: "The investigation into the disappearance of Thomas remains a priority and we are keeping an open mind as to the circumstances surrounding Thomas's disappearance. This remains a missing person enquiry.

"I would like to thank the public of Worcester for their support and concern, the community response has been exceptional.

"We continue to actively search the area and I would reiterate that anyone with any information should contact the police as soon as possible."

Thomas has not been heard from since the early hours of Wednesday morning (19 September).

Anyone with any information is asked to call West Mercia Police on 101 quoting incident number 431s of 19 September.

Two men arrested on suspicion of the murder of Thomas Jones in Worcester have been released from custody and are no longer being treated as suspects. Both have cooperated fully with the police.

Uh-oh. I feel a bin coming on. :D

Maybe he did just fall in the river after all.

So why are they treating his disappearance as murder rather than just as a disappearance?

So why are they treating his disappearance as murder rather than just as a disappearance?

Please not, I can't handle another two years of bins, landfill and mobile phones ,

Bit odd to revert from having murder suspects to now still being a missing person

Yes, it is. Something must have specifically made them think those two men could have at least acted violently towards Tom. Unfortunately this makes drowning in the river more likely.

Is it possible that he stopped on the bridge to take a photo or send a message and dropped his phone over the side? If it had landed on the bank instead of actually in the water he could have tried to retrieve it and slipped into the river.

The university supplies a taxi service? o_O

From the city centre to that area of campus is barely a mile. I thought nothing about walking over 3 miles from Leeds University campus out to Far Headingley after a night out.

Maybe he fancied the walk?

Doubt they put on taxis but more like free buses to get students back to residences.

Map of mobile phone masts in Worcester:

Mobile Mast Location Finder Map

At the point where he would have stepped off the bridge he would have been almost exactly half way between a multi-carrier mast by Hardwicke Close behind Hylton Road and an O2 mast in the city centre. Since we don't know who his mobile provider was it's not clear which of these two masts he would have been connected with when he sent his last message.

Did i not read somewhere, can't find it now that some other incident near this bridge took place recently,

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back