GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By last confirmed sighting on the camera-was that a different day? Thursday? So only a visual sighting on Friday? Those can certainly be wrong, but it would be good to know how certain that witness is that it was Friday and how he/she can verify that.

Apologies, yes. I should have written Thursday as the last confirmed sighting.

Witness 'absolutely sure'

Police have received more than 300 calls from members of the public and reports about 60 possible sightings of the schoolgirl.

"A member of the public has come forward and they say that they saw Tia on the estate the day that she disappeared," Mr Basu continued.

"This witness has now provided a statement and it does state that Tia was seen at approximately midday on Friday, 3 August, leaving her grandmother's house. We are following up that sighting."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19177997

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds the grandma's bf suspect.
Dumb question: Is hoovering the same as vacuuming?
I hope Tia is found safe today!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds the grandma's bf suspect.
Dumb question: Is hoovering the same as vacuuming?
I hope Tia is found safe today!

Yes to the hoovering...I am in US but read a lot of British books...

If one sees any #tags (below) we need and don't have, please add. I'm about at my use limit.

Did you use your last one writing the "crack is very aging" tag? :giggle:

I wondered in an earlier post about whether Grandma had been working as a carer overnight on Thursday, and therefore hadn't actually seen Tia. Turns out she was working.
------------------------

It had been thought that Christine Sharp, 46, spent the evening with Tia, 12, and partner Stuart Hazell, 37, at her house.

But she says she was working as a carer overnight last Thursday and did not get home until late the following afternoon – the day Tia vanished.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/tia-sharps-gran-wasnt-in-house-1239817

I feel like I have been mentally injured from looking at SH photo and reading about this dysfunctional family. It will take the police a long time to sift through all the c rap to find out anything with any sense to it. Such a shame that morality seems to have bypassed this lot.

I wondered in an earlier post about whether Grandma had been working as a carer overnight on Thursday, and therefore hadn't actually seen Tia. Turns out she was working.
------------------------

It had been thought that Christine Sharp, 46, spent the evening with Tia, 12, and partner Stuart Hazell, 37, at her house.

But she says she was working as a carer overnight last Thursday and did not get home until late the following afternoon – the day Tia vanished.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/tia-sharps-gran-wasnt-in-house-1239817

she was seen on CCTV at 4:15 on Thursday at the co-op with Sh. This means that, besides a neighbour insisting they saw Tia on Friday midday, there isn't a corroborated sighting of her since Thursday. SH was alone with her for quite some time.

I wonder why Tia went to her gran's when gran wasn't even there? I know I've read that she went there often, but did she want to, or was she sent there?

That is a great timeline. Thanks.

------------------------

Awwww NOOOOO. That is really bad news. If Grandma was not home Thursday night, at all, then there was a lot of alone time for things to go sideways.

Fantastic timeline EXCEPT it has a glaring error.

It opens by saying Grandma left for work on Friday morning while Tia slept in and Boyfriend hoovered.

But in reality, Grandma left for work Thursday evening. So the whole image of Tia sleeping in late and Boyfriend hoovering and cleaning takes on another darker image, imo.

Regarding the timeline, it lists Friday as day one. Given that there are no corroborated sightings of Tia since thursday, then this needs to be day one. Who else except Hazell saw her on thurs pm/evening? Who cooked tea? What did she eat? What did she do that evening?

Its all looking even more suspicious now we know nan wasn't even around on Thursday.

Hi Newbie here.

Not sure that any of my ramblings add to the debate but just wanted to say I find the timeline incredibly confusing. All the essential info (who, what where) is coming from one source yet is contradictory.

The reporting also seems to be very sloppy - unless I'm just being thick (which is entirely possible)

For example, from The Torygraph: "Hazell has lived with Mrs Sharp, 46, for about four years, having previously dated her daughter, Tia's 31–year–old mother Natalie Sharp. "

Confused by this. It is unclear how long he was in a relationship with Tia's gran. He may have been living in the same house, but in a relationship with Tia's mum. (As previously pointed out, they both appear on electoral register).

How does this fit it with Tia's mum's partner being around from "day dot"?

Here's an alternative timeline:

2000 Tia born
2002 Electoral Roll - Denis Alden, David Sharp, Stuart Hazell, Christine Bicknell, Natalie Sharp, Christine Sharp
2003 - SH Sentenced two years and 10 months. Likely to have served 1 year 5 months
2010 - SH Jailed for 12 months for possession of machete. Likely to have served six months.

On a different note, I found the proprietorial language of mum (NS) strange - "I have an independent witness" - talking as if on trial.

Finally, I wouldn't necessarily read too much into criminality or unsavoury lifestyles - I'm sure most of us would sound like dubious characters if the spotlight was shone on certain family members, our relationship mistakes or things we'd rather keep private.

Something else odd:

Tia, who has never run away before, told her family she was going to Whitgift Centre in Croydon when she left at around midday on Friday August 3.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/907963-...ixth-day-as-grandfather-questioned-as-witness

Told her family when she left on Friday? Are they referring to Hazell as 'her family' that she told? If so, it's only his word that's where she said she was going. It still looks like no one (apart from the 'independent' witness) saw Tia after she was captured on CCTV at the Co-op on Thursday afternoon. So that leaves a whole evening that she was on her own with Hazell with no Grandma around.

Also, I wonder if this 'independent' witness is friends with Hazell or Grandma? It's odd that she's the only person who claims to have seen her, and also claims she was 'relaxed and happy'. Odd too, that she claims to have seen her at almost exactly the same time as Hazell professes she left to go shopping. I never look at my watch when I spot someone so I wouldn't really have a clue as to what time I saw someone unless I'd had reason to check the time just before.

Hi j-bar03 -
On a different note, I found the proprietorial language of mum (NS) strange - "I have an independent witness" - talking as if on trial.
Yes! I mentioned earlier that the mum made it very clear they had an 'independent' witness. She sounded almost defensive. Without this witness, it means no one saw Tia after Thursday apart from Hazell. Supposedly the gran trusted Hazell to look after Tia all afternoon and evening, and the mum knew about it? Maybe there were other times when she was left alone with Hazell while gran was on a night shift. I doubt this was the first time.

Still, the fact no one's seen Tia since Thursday (I'm not counting the witness statement as definite just yet) is very worrying.

Originally Posted by j-bar03
It is unclear how long he was in a relationship with Tia's gran. He may have been living in the same house, but in a relationship with Tia's mum. (As previously pointed out, they both appear on electoral register).

Good point. The partner is 29. To have been around since 'day dot' he would have had to have been living with the mum from the age of 17. Maybe he was? The 'granddad' has apparently been living with gran for 4 years, depending on which paper you read!

Hi Newbie here.

Not sure that any of my ramblings add to the debate but just wanted to say I find the timeline incredibly confusing. All the essential info (who, what where) is coming from one source yet is contradictory.

The reporting also seems to be very sloppy - unless I'm just being thick (which is entirely possible)

For example, from The Torygraph: "Hazell has lived with Mrs Sharp, 46, for about four years, having previously dated her daughter, Tia's 31–year–old mother Natalie Sharp. "

Confused by this. It is unclear how long he was in a relationship with Tia's gran. He may have been living in the same house, but in a relationship with Tia's mum. (As previously pointed out, they both appear on electoral register).

Here's an alternative timeline:

2000 Tia born
2002 Electoral Roll - Denis Alden, David Sharp, Stuart Hazell, Christine Bicknell, Natalie Sharp, Christine Sharp
2003 - SH Sentenced two years and 10 months. Likely to have served 1 year 5 months
2010 - SH Jailed for 12 months for possession of machete. Likely to have served six months.

Finally, I wouldn't necessarily read too much into criminality or unsavoury lifestyles - I'm sure most of us would sound like dubious characters if the spotlight was shone on certain family members, our relationship mistakes or things we'd rather keep private.

Great sleuthing I am impressed.

Something else odd:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/907963-...ixth-day-as-grandfather-questioned-as-witness

Told her family when she left on Friday? Are they referring to Hazell as 'her family' that she told? If so, it's only his word that's where she said she was going. It still looks like no one (apart from the 'independent' witness) saw Tia after she was captured on CCTV at the Co-op on Thursday afternoon. So that leaves a whole evening that she was on her own with Hazell with no Grandma around.

Also, I wonder if this 'independent' witness is friends with Hazell or Grandma? It's odd that she's the only person who claims to have seen her, and also claims she was 'relaxed and happy'. Odd too, that she claims to have seen her at almost exactly the same time as Hazell professes she left to go shopping. I never look at my watch when I spot someone so I wouldn't really have a clue as to what time I saw someone unless I'd had reason to check the time just before.

Hi j-bar03 -
Yes! I mentioned earlier that the mum made it very clear they had an 'independent' witness. She sounded almost defensive. Without this witness, it means no one saw Tia after Thursday apart from Hazell. Supposedly the gran trusted Hazell to look after Tia all afternoon and evening, and the mum knew about it? Maybe there were other times when she was left alone with Hazell while gran was on a night shift. I doubt this was the first time.

Still, the fact no one's seen Tia since Thursday (I'm not counting the witness statement as definite just yet) is very worrying.

Does anyone know if the co-op was in new addington or mardon?

Where was Tia's phone all this time? We have been told it was out of charge on the Friday and allegedly left at the nan's, , but what about Thursday? When did she text for the last time, what did she put in the text. If my children were staying away from home, I'd be texting them to make sure they were ok, had got there safely and so on.

Tia home alone with Hazell, if no phone contact with anyone then there is the awful possibility that she went missing after the co-op visit on thursday pm. This would explain why the same clothes are missing that she was wearing on thurs...and if Hazell has one something, he wouldn't bother to charge her phone. Would a teen leave their phone uncharged for a whole evening and night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth