GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find his birthdate because I'm not a member of the site, but I found this:

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/search/...e=on&sortOrder=RK:true&_performExactSearch=on

Just in case the link doesn't work, I searched for "Stuart Hazell" born 1974 or 1975, because he's 37, and has either had a birthday this year or will turn 38 this year. The search came up with Stuart Edward Hazell, born in Kingston-upon-Thames, in 1975, which would mean that SH's birthday is earlier than August.

Thanks so much, I've guessed it's Feb. 25, 1975. It meets some of the criteria for the event.

edit: Sorry - wrong month and day. It's May 26, 1975.

Thanks so much, I've guessed it's Feb. 25, 1975. It meets some of the criteria for the event.

Ooh, how did you work that out?? Did you do it without shelling out to join sites?

But have you smelt a decaying human corpse? Nothing comes close, I am a nurse and have smelled many unpleasant things but putrefying flesh, unforgettable. Sorry to be graphic

Agree badhorsie, my son was missing for 10 years, to make a long, long story short, The Mexican Embassy called me at work one day and advised me that a body had washed up on shore at Puerto Vallarta, Mx that the body had been in the water and we needed to come identify the body. I did not go, my husband did and he said at the time, the morgues there had no refrigeration and he had nightmares of that body and particularly the smell for years. Fortunately, it was not our son.

Ooh, how did you work that out?? Did you do it without shelling out to join sites?

I was wrong. It's May 26, 1975, which looks even better! :woohoo:

I found it when I put in his full name at google & up popped this site:

http://www.murdermap.co.uk/pages/cases/case.asp?CID=1019568617&Case=Missing:-The-murder-of-Tia-Sharp

I look for matches of Venus, Mars & Pluto. I worked out Hans Reiser's birthday from the year, and was very surprised that it worked. It's usually not a successful way to find the day, but I was desperate!

I wouldn't mind paying if I could have continuous use, like from now until I used up all my credits - but the UK wants to time it as well.

i hope whichever prison SH is sent to while awaiting his trial has him in solitary,wouldn't want him being murdered and not face his punishment for what he has done.because as far as im aware people in prison,no matter what they have done to be there don't take to kindly to child killers!

If not in soilitary hed be in a unit that held the same sort of people,at the minute hes on remand and im sure that again is a seperate unit from the convicted inmates.
I personally think hes in solitary,either by him requesting protection or the warden putting him there..

i hope whichever prison SH is sent to while awaiting his trial has him in solitary,wouldn't want him being murdered and not face his punishment for what he has done.because as far as im aware people in prison,no matter what they have done to be there don't take to kindly to child killers!

If not in soilitary hed be in a unit that held the same sort of people,at the minute hes on remand and im sure that again is a seperate unit from the convicted inmates.
I personally think hes in solitary,either by him requesting protection or the warden putting him there..

Just thought that I'd register and bring up a few things that I don't think have been mentioned yet.

The media sources mention dark holdall bags being removed from the premises by the police on three occasions, the Thursday evening, before the body was removed on the Friday and after it was removed.

The Thursday bag was said by Sky to contain bedding, whereas there is no reference to either Friday bag containing anything. I think it is likely that there was only one bag on Friday, and one or other reporter got the chronology wrong.

The thing that bugged me when the police apologised was that they seemed to have some way of knowing for sure that the body was in the same place during both searches, yet they failed to uncover it during the first search. A likely scenario is that the object that contained Tia's body, e.g. the dark holdall, was spotted but not opened by an officer at the time, and hence the mistake was made. If she was in another container within the loft, such as the water tank, the only way they could have known for sure that the body was not moved is if they had SH and NS under observation the entire time, which we know is not true.

Another thing was that Basu blamed the procedures, rather than attributing blame towards the officer who failed to find Tia. This is speculation but do LE have different procedures for searching for missing persons who they believe are alive, and those they believe are deceased? If they first searched with the mindset that Tia was still alive, someone searching the loft could well have disregarded an object such as a holdall as a place that she could have been hidden.

I suspect that after their early enquiries suggested that perhaps Tia had not left the house, LE worked under the assumption that this was another Shannon Matthews. The family in this case was of a similar socio-economic status and similarly convoluted. I believe someone mentioned earlier that SH had 35 convictions? Perhaps some of those were for fraud, and given he seems to have lived in the area his entire life, it is likely that the local police would have been familiar with any convictions that he had.

Two things that led me to believe this were the following article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/aug/09/tia-sharp-police-angered-shannon?newsfeed=true.

The most likely way that this would be "potentially damaging" would be if they believed that the comparisons were true, spooking the kidnappers and endangering Tia. The other thing, which I can't find the link for, was that at the press conference on the Wednesday after reinterviewing SH, the police said that they had a strong belief (or words to that affect) that Tia was still alive. By this point inconsistencies must have arisen in his story, yet they still had a strong belief, suggesting perhaps that they knew he was involved, but believed it was a kidnapping rather than murder, hence their earlier mistake.

I guess we'll find out in due course but this whole thing really bothered me, especially because the day that Tia was found was my sister's 12th birthday, and it all just seemed to hit too close to home.

From the Daily Mail, a little conflicting...
Officers had previously conducted a full search of the house and a second sweep using dogs trained to detect dead bodies. Colleagues suspect the body was behind a door connecting the loft to that of an adjacent property.
Sources claimed a team who spent two hours searching the property last Sunday did not check the neighbouring loft space because they needed a search warrant.
A further search of Sharp’s house began on Friday morning when a junior officer insisted a sniffer dog was ‘indicating’ towards a bedroom ceiling. The officers themselves could also smell decomposition.
Initially a senior officer co-ordinating the search said the loft had already been checked but was persuaded to change his mind.
Colleagues lifted the loft hatch and saw a large ‘container’, possibly a rigid suitcase, containing Tia’s body with her arms and legs sprawled outside.

I think that the part about the neighbouring property can be ignored.

That Daily Mail quote is really confusing. If she was originally next door, then why apologise as they could do nothing about it? If she was always in the loft, in an obvious spot, then they evidently didn't search the place where she was subsequently found, which contradicts what Basu had earlier said. I wonder who their "sources" are.

I just want to say I'm appalled to discover that CS was a "carer" for autistic children. Her utter lack of intelligence and compassion must have made their lonely, trapped, terrifying, confusing worlds even worse. It's horrific how little care they take when choosing who to employ in these sensitive, important jobs. It shows that the people in charge are completely ignorant about the complex needs of people on the autistic spectrum.

Just thought that I'd register and bring up a few things that I don't think have been mentioned yet.

The media sources mention dark holdall bags being removed from the premises by the police on three occasions, the Thursday evening, before the body was removed on the Friday and after it was removed.

The Thursday bag was said by Sky to contain bedding, whereas there is no reference to either Friday bag containing anything. I think it is likely that there was only one bag on Friday, and one or other reporter got the chronology wrong.

The thing that bugged me when the police apologised was that they seemed to have some way of knowing for sure that the body was in the same place during both searches, yet they failed to uncover it during the first search. A likely scenario is that the object that contained Tia's body, e.g. the dark holdall, was spotted but not opened by an officer at the time, and hence the mistake was made. If she was in another container within the loft, such as the water tank, the only way they could have known for sure that the body was not moved is if they had SH and NS under observation the entire time, which we know is not true.

Another thing was that Basu blamed the procedures, rather than attributing blame towards the officer who failed to find Tia. This is speculation but do LE have different procedures for searching for missing persons who they believe are alive, and those they believe are deceased? If they first searched with the mindset that Tia was still alive, someone searching the loft could well have disregarded an object such as a holdall as a place that she could have been hidden.

I suspect that after their early enquiries suggested that perhaps Tia had not left the house, LE worked under the assumption that this was another Shannon Matthews. The family in this case was of a similar socio-economic status and similarly convoluted. I believe someone mentioned earlier that SH had 35 convictions? Perhaps some of those were for fraud, and given he seems to have lived in the area his entire life, it is likely that the local police would have been familiar with any convictions that he had.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-pastbut-I-didnt-do-anything-to-hurt-Tia.html

Excuse me for snipping your post.

Anyone have any thoughts about what may happen during SH's court appearance today and what plea he might enter?

Anyone have any thoughts about what may happen during SH's court appearance today and what plea he might enter?

Probably very little will happen. He'll confirm his name and address and be remanded in custody. Unlikely to be a plea at this stage.

Probably very little will happen. He'll confirm his name and address and be remanded in custody. Unlikely to be a plea at this stage.

Oh right! Silly me - need to familiarise myself with procedure a bit more! I think he will plead not guilty when the time comes.

You make some interesting points lmbk. As for the holdall, I guess whether it is a key piece if evidence would depend on whether it was removed in an evidence bag. It could just belong to the police. Also, the body which was removed appeared to be lying supine - if a body had spent a week in a holdall, would it be 'fixed' in a different position?

Soap Powder.
I've been thinking about this. SH mentioned doing the laundry when describing the events leading upto TS's "dissapearance." Post CS's interview with the police, she brought cigarettes and a box of washing powder.

People have commented that this is odd. I can only assume that SH must have completely used up the soap powder, as you're hardly going to buy just this (and cigarettes) if you're just running low on it - especially given the circumstances.

Now, this is a stab in the dark, but a large quantity of soap powder could have been placed with the body (inside whatever it was wrapped in). It would act both as a drying agent, would obscure the smell and would make it more difficult for sniffer dogs. As SH has previous for drug dealing, would he know of the sorts of chemicals used to deter sniffer dogs? Additionally, his job is listed as painter/decorator, so he may have also used solvent(s) to his advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member