GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt the body was found in the neighbours loft as the police state the body was found in a room already searched - and there isn't a door between adjacent lofts.

Ah,sorry i was thinking out loud to what masekwm had posted about a door to an adjacent loft.post#453

David Churchill ‏@David_Churchill
He is charged with the murder of #tiasharp and said he understood the charges against him. Cant report anything morefor legal reasons but...

...all i can say is it sounds like there is more to come in this story which cnt be reported until it goes back to court

One thing that can be reported is she was found in a black bag which had a bed sheet wrapped round it in the loft of grans house

Perhaps he's not ITN....forgive me.....checking

It may be the fact they didnt get a search warrant for the next door neighbours loft that the police are apoligising for?.
You would think if they saw a door leading to the next loft that it would raise suspicions?..
And it may be that the neighbour didnt know he had the body in his loft?,it wouldnt be hard to pop the door open and if the neighbours were out Friday he could get away with making a bit of noise too...

There wont be a door between the lofts of neighbouring properties. Between lofts in terrace housing are firewalls (party walls), although these are not always present (hence media speculation as to whether the body was moved between lofts).These walls can also be in a poor state (as they are not structural supports) and gaps can appear.

However, as others have pointed out, for the police to apoligise, it is likely the body was in CS's loft space, just overlooked in the original searches.

That's what an ITN reporter just tweeted - so yes, it appears it's a fact

Can we have a link please?

I've just read somewhere she was in hard container, possibly a rigid suitcase and her arms and legs were hanging out of the container... I can't find it now though. I also can't imagine it's true.... would be nigh-on impossible to miss a pair of legs and arms dangling from a case/box.

He is charged with the murder of #tiasharp and said he understood the charges against him. Cant report anything morefor legal reasons but...

...all i can say is it sounds like there is more to come in this story which cnt be reported until it goes back to court

One thing that can be reported is she was found in a black bag which had a bed sheet wrapped round it in the loft of grans house

Perhaps he's not ITN....forgive me.....checking

He's from the Croydon Advertiser

I think the only palatable explanation IMO for the body going undiscovered is that they believed they were working to find her alive. I'm guessing maybe access to where the body was found was difficult and so they did not exhaust all avenues like they would had they believed they were searching for a dead body. JMO

I've just read somewhere she was in hard container, possibly a rigid suitcase and her arms and legs were hanging out of the container... I can't find it now though. I also can't imagine it's true.... would be nigh-on impossible to miss a pair of legs and arms dangling from a case/box.

This was the story that the daily mail reported.

That's what the Daily Mail are saying

"A further search of Sharp’s house began on Friday morning when a junior officer insisted a sniffer dog was‘indicating’ towards a bedroom ceiling. The officers themselves could also smell decomposition.

Initially a senior officer co-ordinating the search said the loft had already been checked but was persuaded to change his mind.

Colleagues lifted the loft hatch and saw a large ‘container’, possibly a rigid suitcase, containing Tia’s body with her arms and legs sprawled outside"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...breaks-house-body-lay-week.html#ixzz23Q0w0nKJ

Yes I saw this too and thought the same.

Has D Churchill deleted that tweet?

Even better - Croydon local paper journo probably gets more traction with the local LE. One thing that struck me is that the Magistrate's have dodged putting much more into evidence by saying it is not their jurisdiction (offense severity rather than geography most likely) I am surmising that they are waiting for the outcome of the autopsy so that they can frame the charges more specifically...another little aside from Twitter is that Paul Meehan who was the 39 year old arrested is indeed the one who gave the statement that he had seen Tia walking down the street....this from Jon Clements ITV.

I've found my source:

"Colleagues lifted the loft hatch and saw a large ‘container’, possibly a rigid suitcase, containing Tia’s body with her arms and legs sprawled outside."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2187320/Tia-Sharp-murder-Mother-breaks-house-body-lay-week.html#ixzz23Q0qoJhQ

I always have a tough time with the DM - sometimes they are ahead of what is legally not allowed to be said, using implications and what not, but sometimes they just spout utter lies. Wouldn't take their word as gospel, and this theory sounds a little bizarre...

Have a look on twitter under #tiasharp

Yes, Daily Mail reported the suitcase bit

There wont be a door between the lofts of neighbouring properties. Between lofts in terrace housing are firewalls (party walls), although these are not always present (hence media speculation as to whether the body was moved between lofts).These walls can also be in a poor state (as they are not structural supports) and gaps can appear.

However, as others have pointed out, for the police to apoligise, it is likely the body was in CS's loft space, just overlooked in the original searches.
Read my post #483,i was responding to that post which said there was a door.
Also,ive been in terraced houses with doorway type openings in the loft between neighbours,in properties with no partition,some with wood and some with brick partitions.not all houses are built to the same standard,especially going back a few years...

Even better - Croydon local paper journo probably gets more traction with the local LE. One thing that struck me is that the Magistrate's have dodged putting much more into evidence by saying it is not their jurisdiction (offense severity rather than geography most likely) I am surmising that they are waiting for the outcome of the autopsy so that they can frame the charges more specifically...another little aside from Twitter is that Paul Meehan who was the 39 year old arrested is indeed the one who gave the statement that he had seen Tia walking down the street....this from Jon Clements ITV.

They probably hauled him in alongside CS with the intention of charging them with perverting course of justice/concealing a body etc etc but had nothing to go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme