GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the only semi logical thing that I have seen speculated is, that she could have been placed in a suitcase and then submerged/placed in the water tank?

Or hidden behind a fireplace ??

Or hidden inside the base of a sofa ??

or hidden under a bathtub ??

I was answering why nobody noticed an 'aroma' from the body.... I believe the body was found in the loft (unconfirmed)

If indeed she was there all the time, and they should be able to tell, LE will take a lot of heat for this. It is not the first time this has happened, but it is never acceptable. When the victim is a child, all bets should be off as far as searching, IMO. Apologies can be made later. Any family that objects to a thorough search should be investigated even more. What I cannot imagine is, knowing police are searching the house, knowing her body is there (someone knew, at least.) How on earth do you manage to get through that without confessing? You have to be a monster. And then when LE leaves, not having found her...you just leave her there? And go about your business?

My mind is boggled.

Why on earth once the police searched the house and missed the body did they(?) assume the house wouldn't be checked again. And if they (?) committed the crime overnight why wouldn't they take a two mile drive and dispose of the body....unless they killed her on the Friday afternoon....? So many answers awaited. None of which will be anything but SICK

I'm still awake with a raging tooth abscess and can't sleep :-(

The Standard has updated its timeline:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/tia-sharp-developments-as-they-unfold-8014761.html

I'd forgotten that Hazell had a biological daughter, but 'didn't see her'. No mention of her age or the mother or anything, but I expect we'll hear something from her later. I bet she's thinking what a lucky escape she had (if it turns out that Hazell was involved in Tia's death).

It made me think of something I read recently where a woman got involved with a seemingly charming man who had children, but didn't see them... claiming that his ex-wife made it difficult - and then it was discovered he was a paedophile and had served time in prison. Was Hazell trying to recreate the family life he'd lost? And why did he lose it?

His dad maintained that he'd 'really turned his life around and that family meant everything to him' - which just goes to show how easily it is to be fooled if you want to be fooled.

Finally, I wonder how often Gran did overnight shifts at the carer's home where she worked, while leaving Tia alone with Hazell.

I don't think it's Hazell that has a biological daughter and doesn't see her. I think it's Tia's biological father that doesn't see her.

Does anyone know/remember which family member first reported her missing? Just seems like more people within the family would need to be complicit as so many things didn't add up from the start - unless they're all incredibly stupid or gullible. Or maybe they suspected but kept quiet. But why wouldn't you say something unless you were involved? Fear of repercussions?

You are right, we dont know where it could have been moved within the area of the house,
its possible the body was in the loft space of next door and found there?

Somebody posted earlier that maybe the neigbour had grabbed Tia, we just don't know the truth, (the three arrested probably wouldn't know the truth if it hit them in the head, but thats bye the bye),

Its hard to believe that Grans children (one of them being Tia's Mother) were at the house and with the Gran a lot of the time, yet didn't notice a change in her attitude or Hazell's for that matter, they also didn't (as far as we know)
see or smell anything untoward in the house.

is there another twist here in that somebody may turn out to be a bigger player than currently thought?

BBC News reporting that post mortem is currently being carried out on the body found but that no formal identification has yet been made.

Why haven't they confirmed the identity yet? Wouldn't they get a formal id before starting the PM?

You are right, we dont know where it could have been moved within the area of the house,
its possible the body was in the loft space of next door and found there?

Somebody posted earlier that maybe the neigbour had grabbed Tia, we just don't know the truth, (the three arrested probably wouldn't know the truth if it hit them in the head, but thats bye the bye),

Its hard to believe that Grans children (one of them being Tia's Mother) were at the house and with the Gran a lot of the time, yet didn't notice a change in her attitude or Hazell's for that matter, they also didn't (as far as we know)
see or smell anything untoward in the house.

is there another twist here in that somebody may turn out to be a bigger player than currently thought?
Perhaps Tia's mother suspected who it was and that's why she kept out of the spotlight. She might have told the police of her suspicions.

A formal identification usually entails a relative identifying the person. If she's been dead a week in a warm house, they're not gonna be cruel enough to ask a relative to look at her. That means they will have to identify by dental records or forensically which takes longer

A question I have asked myself and hope we get an answer to from Danny Shaw (BBC Home Affairs Correspondent)

#TiaSharp Must also be questions about what if anything resulted from visit by "body recovery dog" on Aug 8. Did it pick up scent?

http://twitter.com/DannyShawBBC

His other tweets are interesting too.

I'm so very sad that we lost yet another youngster...It happens too often.

The worst is that it seems to be/allegedly at the hands of "those who loved her". Let's place our collective ire in the right place!!!!!!!!

We tend to be quick to "blame" officials. But blame for what???

Not to be disrespectful, but if the police did not find the body for 1-8 days, does it truly matter?

It is very easy to point fingers at what may have been missed by authorities. None of it brings back a young life. Nor does it help any of us feel better.

I can only hope now for worldly justice.

I do not dispute that analysis needs to happen, to perhaps improve process.

But I also feel that law enforcement personnel are just besides themselves with what transpired....They are mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews. Doing their best to figure out a monsterous act.

I pray for these persons also, to continue their dedication and good works. And I pray they may find peace of mind for the "horrific" act that they/we have encountered.

God Bless!

A formal identification usually entails a relative identifying the person. If she's been dead a week in a warm house, they're not gonna be cruel enough to ask a relative to look at her. That means they will have to identify by dental records or forensically which takes longer

I know this is a pretty vile question, but just how bad would the decomposition be? Would they still be able to tell if she'd been sexually assaulted?

I know this is a pretty vile question, but just how bad would the decomposition be? Would they still be able to tell if she'd been sexually assaulted?

Possibly, but as you say it depends how far gone it was.
This was the problem with Holly and Jessica, by the time they were found there was no way of knowing whether this had happened - or indeed how they actually died.

I read the grandma's FB page and couldn't read too far. So profane! My goodness...heaven help her. The vile language she used was horrible. I feel sorry for Tia, simply having to live in this type of hostile environment.

As for as the police overlooking the body in the attic, I just wondered how a dead body could be there for 7 days and people not smell the decay in both homes?

I cannot believe the picture she used as her profile pic---with Tia wearing a big bra dress.

I wonder if Natalie sharp ( tias mums) silence could be because from early on the police realised something didn't add up

Or i guess it's possible that she, indeed, had suspicions (like all of us, but with more exposure to those involved) and therefore couldn't bring herself to face the cameras.....?

The press are hinting that her body was found in the attics. these houses are fairly modern, built in the 1960's I think, and the seperation between each home's attic is supposed to be quiet poor. It has been hinted she was either kept in the attic of the neighbouring property, or moved there when the house was searched.
I woudl presume it would be difficult for her to have been moved around in the home because of all the people, including FLOs there, but I am not certain where everyone was based during the last week. The police said they searched the home and Tia's bedroom - does that mean they also searched her mother's home, or did Tia have a room at her grandmothers? It seems a rather confusing set-up.

The neighbour has been arrested as assisting an offender. To me this means he is not suspected or (or they do not have the evidence to arrest him yet) of helping in the actual crime as that would be accessory to murder (either before or after the fact). helping to hide a body is considered a lot more serious than assisting an offender.

I'm so very sad that we lost yet another youngster...It happens too often.

The worst is that it seems to be/allegedly at the hands of "those who loved her". Let's place our collective ire in the right place!!!!!!!!

We tend to be quick to "blame" officials. But blame for what???

Not to be disrespectful, but if the police did not find the body for 1-8 days, does it truly matter?

It is very easy to point fingers at what may have been missed by authorities. None of it brings back a young life. Nor does it help any of us feel better.

I can only hope now for worldly justice.

I do not dispute that analysis needs to happen, to perhaps improve process.

But I also feel that law enforcement personnel are just besides themselves with what transpired....They are mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews. Doing their best to figure out a monsterous act.

I pray for these persons also, to continue their dedication and good works. And I pray they may find peace of mind for the "horrific" act that they/we have encountered.

God Bless!

BBM
Respectfully, I submit that it does matter. I realize the police are humans, but this is the job they are trained to do. It isn't like they overlooked a stray hair: they couldn't find a grown child's body.

What if the decomposition is so severe, they can't find if she was sexually assaulted, or know how she died? That can make 'worldly justice' problematic.

I understand WS is LE friendly, but there is nothing wrong with criticizing a search or tactics. No one is bashing LE as individuals. I'm sure they are choked up about it - it isn't often that LE apologizes, after all.

I agree that it won't bring Tia back, and I sincerely hope the mistake won't make finding the responsible parties guilty any more difficult.

imo

ETA: I see others have already posted what I essentially said. I'm a terribly slow typist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha