GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Tia's purse was found and taken away as evidence. If Hazell had given her £10 like he said, it would still be in there. Maybe he invented the £10 to 'strengthen' his story that Tia had gone shopping with enough money to buy the flipflops he said she was getting.

I would think the purse must be missing as they claimed she disappeared when she went shopping.If her purse was found then that would disprove that claim.
I do not think SH would leave £10.00 in a purse.

The fact Tia was found in the house makes his whole tale of going shopping null and void.

It could be forensics have found Tia's possessions hidden in the house.

I would think the purse must be missing as they claimed she disappeared when she went shopping.If her purse was found then that would disprove that claim.
I do not think SH would leave £10.00 in a purse.

The fact Tia was found in the house makes his whole tale of going shopping null and void.

It could be forensics have found Tia's possessions hidden in the house.

If the killer had the foresight to get rid of the purse, wouldn't they have got rid of the phone aswell?

It's interesting that CS was arrested and bailed on the charge of murder whereas the neighbour was arrested and bailed on a count of assisting an offender.

AFAIK assisting an offender is used where the accused person knew or believed the main offender had committed the crime.

It may yet be that even if they cannot get enough evidence to charge CS with murder, she could at some point be charged with a lesser crime.

I would think the police must have some evidence to link Granny to murder,but not at the moment enough to charge her.

It might be that there is a decrepency with the hours she said she was at work.

From Thursday afternoon until Friday afternoon is a very long shift so it could be possible she was at home some of that time.

If the killer had the foresight to get rid of the purse, wouldn't they have got rid of the phone aswell?

There was no need to get rid of the phone as SH said she left it at home charging.

.... and bailed on a count of assisting an offender.

AFAIK assisting an offender is used where the accused person knew or believed the main offender had committed the crime.............

....with intent to impede his apprehension or prosecution....

Which says to me that he didn't help with the crime but helped SH leave the area - but how would there be proof that PM knew SH had committed this crime before the body was discovered??? I'm confused.....

However, I imagine that Tia would have been outraged and humiliated at the suggestion she may have fancied her ugly old drunken "step-granddad", who was three times her age.
Agreed.

....with intent to impede his apprehension or prosecution....

Which says to me that he didn't help with the crime but helped SH leave the area - but how would there be proof that PM knew SH had committed this crime before the body was discovered??? I'm confused.....

According to police, CS left the property on Friday so that they could do their "pre-arranged" search. The body was found around 5pm that day. It wasn't until the next day we learnt that CS and PM had been arrested.

ETA We don't know what time CS & PM were arrested.

I wonder if Tia's purse was found and taken away as evidence. If Hazell had given her £10 like he said, it would still be in there. Maybe he invented the £10 to 'strengthen' his story that Tia had gone shopping with enough money to buy the flipflops he said she was getting.

That's surely not necessary now that her body's been found in their very own loft? Only if her body had been found elsewhere would it be necessary to establish whether the family accounts *leading up to* her being killed were true, ie whether she really did set off to go to Croydon and someone unrelated killed her, or whether she was killed in the house then her body removed.

According to police, CS left the property on Friday so that they could do their "pre-arranged" search. The body was found around 5pm that day. It wasn't until the next day we learnt that CS and PM had been arrested.

so is the theory SH had told PM what he had done and asked him to say he'd seen Tia leave and make a statement to that effect?

That's surely not necessary now that her body's been found in their very own loft? Only if her body had been found elsewhere would it be necessary to establish whether the family accounts *leading up to* her being killed were true, ie whether she really did set off to go to Croydon and someone unrelated killed her, or whether she was killed in the house then her body removed.
I was just wondering if that part of Hazell's story was true. For all we know, Tia could have had plans to go shopping and asked Hazell for some money. Maybe there was an argument about her wanting money? He said in the interview: "She wanted it. She got it" - as if he thought she got her own way too much.

I meant to post the two useful timelines in the IP and, characteristically, forgot all about it.

Evening Standard's, which only runs through last Saturday but is well-detailed.

Guardian's, which is up to date as of yesterday and is also detailed, but perhaps not as much as the one above.

so is the theory SH had told PM what he had done and asked him to say he'd seen Tia leave and make a statement to that effect?

I have no idea on what grounds PM was arrested. From the media all we know is the count he was arrested then bailed on suspicion of i.e. assisting an offender.

By the nature of the count my guess would be it has to be something other than just saying he saw TS leave the house on Friday. Media reported a different (female) person saw TS leave on Friday. AFAIK she wasn't arrested and bailed.

I don't think another person said they had seen Tia leave. I am pretty sure it's only ever been the one. Perhaps earlier on there was some confusion about gender or identity. But what I do remember is repeatedely it was stressed that there was only ONE report of such a thing and it was uncorroborated - ie no other person backed it up.

I don't think another person said they had seen Tia leave. I am pretty sure it's only ever been the one. Perhaps earlier on there was some confusion about gender or identity. But what I do remember is repeatedely it was stressed that there was only ONE report of such a thing and it was uncorroborated - ie no other person backed it up.

From http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/news/9857843.Help_find_missing_Tia_Sharp/

Another neighbour Jane Henry said she believes she was one of the last people to see Tia.
She said: "I saw Tia all last week playing along here with the kids mucking in, riding bikes.
"She is the same age as my son, I saw her playing on the street with groups of kids all happy and playing.
"The last time I saw her was early Friday afternoon, she was walking up the street here away from her grandma's house."
"She seemed fine, happy. She's a bubbly little girl, there was nothing wrong with her, she was happy last week."
Miss Henry added: "I just can't get over how much the community has come together, I just hope and pray she does turn up. "

I have no idea on what grounds PM was arrested. From the media all we know is the count he was arrested then bailed on suspicion of i.e. assisting an offender.

By the nature of the count my guess would be it has to be something other than just saying he saw TS leave the house on Friday. Media reported another (female) person saw TS leave on Friday. AFAIK she wasn't arrested and bailed.

To be arrested for "assisting an offender" you must know that the offence has been committed while assisting. So if the statement regarding the sighting is from a female then how else do they suspect PM assisted?

Hmm ok so that is two... but the police are fairly convinced she didn't make it to Croydon... Unless someone confesses, this is going to be a very interesting case to prosecute.

To be arrested for "assisting an offender" you must know that the offence has been committed while assisting. So if the statement regarding the sighting is from a female then how else do they suspect PM assisted?

I have no idea, I am not privy to their findings

Hmm ok so that is two... but the police are fairly convinced she didn't make it to Croydon... Unless someone confesses, this is going to be a very interesting case to prosecute.

No it isn't two, it's one. My point is that all we know is that a 39 year old man was arrested and then bailed on suspicion of assisting an offender.

It is the press who have named him and said he was the one who saw TS leaving the house.

What if that's wrong? What if the female witness is the person who was the single uncorroborated witness.

The 39 year old man must then have been arrested for some other reason.

From http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/news/9857843.Help_find_missing_Tia_Sharp/

Another neighbour Jane Henry said she believes she was one of the last people to see Tia.
She said: "I saw Tia all last week playing along here with the kids mucking in, riding bikes.
"She is the same age as my son, I saw her playing on the street with groups of kids all happy and playing.
"The last time I saw her was early Friday afternoon, she was walking up the street here away from her grandma's house."
"She seemed fine, happy. She's a bubbly little girl, there was nothing wrong with her, she was happy last week."
Miss Henry added: "I just can't get over how much the community has come together, I just hope and pray she does turn up. "

Is it possible that Tia did actually leave the house and was seen by Granny who was returning back from work and Tia was given a lift back to the house.Granny could have been cross that Tia had been in the house without her knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06