GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that too because one of the cats jumped into the window that was left open. I remember at the time because I thought that it must be a sloppy crime scene if they're allowing pets to come wandering in. About 30 seconds later it was back outside again.

Until they had evidence ,the Police would not have been able to treat the house as a crime scene.

I think the Police could have been initially treating it as a case similar to the Shannon Matthews kidnap and therefore hoped Tia would be found alive.

Until they had evidence ,the Police would not have been able to treat the house as a crime scene.

I think the Police could have been initially treating it as a case similar to the Shannon Matthews kidnap and therefore hoped Tia would be found alive.

It was footage from the Sky helicopter but I'm trying to think if it was on the same day the police cordoned off the area.

It was footage from the Sky helicopter but I'm trying to think if it was on the same day the police cordoned off the area.

Sorry I thought you were refering to earlier in the week. I suppose that there would have been pet hairs and paw prints in the house so a few more would not have made much difference.

With a pre-planned search scheduled for the next day I find it hard to think that the police would not be watching the house Thursday night/Friday morning.

Did SH some how leave via the next door house.

I have been "toying" with this idea, too.

There may be some kind of opening between the neighbors' homes.

wouldn't PM's significant other, and CSS be aware of this opening, too.

Thinking out loud here.

Lord Carlile warned: 'We do not know what the case against this defendant is, there has been some speculation in the media for example about the cause of death but there is no evidence whatsoever, it is no more than speculation.

'It would be dangerous and possibly foolish to to indulge in speculation that may run the risk of prejudicing a fair trial. We have no idea what the issues will be until we have at least the scientific evidence.

'It is also possible there will be a lot of factual background, with some eminating from family members.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...24-hour-watch-jail-death-threats-inmates.html
------------------------------------------------

So where did the BBC and other media get the idea Tia had been smothered if there is 'no evidence whatsoever?'

One thing that amazes my, here we have a unemployed painter/ decorator, ex drug dealer, and fully paid up member of the under-class. How the hell does he get a Liberal Lord as in Lord Carlise to defend him?, let me guess, we the British taxpayer paying by any chance?.. Hazel is in a win/win situation, he gets off, he is a free man, he is found guilty, he gets free all in accomodation, not bad e'h...

Lord Carlile warned: 'We do not know what the case against this defendant is, there has been some speculation in the media for example about the cause of death but there is no evidence whatsoever, it is no more than speculation.

'It would be dangerous and possibly foolish to to indulge in speculation that may run the risk of prejudicing a fair trial. We have no idea what the issues will be until we have at least the scientific evidence.

'It is also possible there will be a lot of factual background, with some eminating from family members.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...24-hour-watch-jail-death-threats-inmates.html

So where did the BBC and other media get the idea Tia had been smothered if there is 'no evidence whatsoever?'

I suppose they have used a process of elimination-she was not stabbed or mortally injured in some way; it could be that there were no broken neck bones or direct evidence of strangulation, although this could be the case.It certainly was not natural causes.
Did the media not get there information from the earlier postmortem results before it was halted ?

One thing that amazes my, here we have a unemployed painter/ decorator, ex drug dealer, and fully paid up member of the under-class. How the hell does he get a Liberal Lord as in Lord Carlise to defend him?, let me guess, we the British taxpayer paying by any chance?.. Hazel is in a win/win situation, he gets off, he is a free man, he is found guilty, he gets free all in accomodation, not bad e'h...

I don't imagine if he gets off he will be free.
Just because he gets off with it Doesn't meant he didn't do it and the public IMO won't like that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Regarding PM - The Sun is using different wording, "Neighbour Paul Meehan, 39, is on bail after being quizzed on suspicion of giving a false statement."

Thoughts?

The probably did exactly what he says - speculated

With a pre-planned search scheduled for the next day I find it hard to think that the police would not be watching the house Thursday night/Friday morning.

Did SH some how leave via the next door house.

We can all guess, but we'll be none the wiser until it's reported publicly. It'll probably be something that no one's thought of.

I suppose they have used a process of elimination-she was not stabbed or mortally injured in some way; it could be that there were no broken neck bones or direct evidence of strangulation, although this could be the case.It certainly was not natural causes.
Did the media not get there information from the earlier postmortem results before it was halted ?
I doubt it because I assume Lord Carlile would know if there was any information from the earlier post mortem, and he said there was 'no evidence whatsoever' about the cause of death. Tia could have died from a drugs overdose for all anyone knows, so I'm surprised the media would suggest she'd been smothered unless they had access to information that Carlile didn't have. There are other causes of death that don't involve broken bones or evidence of strangulation. Is the media just guessing?

The probably did exactly what he says - speculated
Thanks. Yes, it seems so. It's in very poor taste to 'guess' what the cause of death was without any information. I know the media tends to write what it wants, but I'm surprised that the BBC were also 'speculating'.

Sorry I thought you were refering to earlier in the week. I suppose that there would have been pet hairs and paw prints in the house so a few more would not have made much difference.

I've found footage of the dogs but it cuts off just before the bit where the cat jumps in the window. You can see the cat sitting on a wall to the right of the house. The forensic officers were inside the house at this point as they'd discovered the body.

Sorry :eek: Didn't think videos would embed.

Have to take link out because it keeps adding tags to play the video even when I take them out!

There are other causes of death which might not leave marks. Poisoning or drug overdose, for instance.

It's difficult to know what the media spec is based on - someone may have dropped them a hint. Or they are just guessing from the scant information available.

I doubt it because I assume Lord Carlile would know if there was any information from the earlier post mortem, and he said there was 'no evidence whatsoever' about the cause of death. Tia could have died from a drugs overdose for all anyone knows, so I'm surprised the media would suggest she'd been smothered unless they had access to information that Carlile didn't have. There are other causes of death that don't involve broken bones or evidence of strangulation. Is the media just guessing?

ETA: Cross-posted! I took it that Carlile meant that 'no evidence whatsoever' had yet been made available to the defence - rather than that none exists.

We can all guess, but we'll be none the wiser until it's reported publicly. It'll probably be something that no one's thought of.

Thinking out of the box..

As it was Tia's mother's phone in the house and so easily traced to there-could Tia's mother for some reason visited and was there when Tia arrived?

Thanks. Yes, it seems so. It's in very poor taste to 'guess' what the cause of death was without any information. I know the media tends to write what it wants, but I'm surprised that the BBC were also 'speculating'.

Difficult to know really. Often these things originate from one area of the media and then spread.

I can imagine a host of journos shouting questions like "are there any marks on the body" or somesuch. All it probably takes is someone to say "no" to a question like that and they jump to the conclusion of strangulation. Then think a bit harder. No marks on her. Smothering maybe?

I've found footage of the dogs but it cuts off just before the bit where the cat jumps in the window. You can see the cat sitting on a wall to the right of the house. The forensic officers were inside the house at this point as they'd discovered the body.

Sorry :eek: Didn't think videos would embed.

Have to take link out because it keeps adding tags to play the video even when I take them out!

I did manage to watch it-thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member