GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
not seeing something, i explained that it might be very easy not to see something in the loft of that house due to the way its laid out (i used to live in one)

and depending on how well the body was wrapped up , chances are they wouldn't have smelled much

I once wrapped an out of date, uncooked chicken up in several layers of plastic bags and news paper and put it in the dusbin ,after a couple of days the smell in the bin was indescribable.

The police obviously don't need to reveal all the info to the public/media, if the body was first wrapped in something like cling film presumably this would have prevented the smell from leaking as much? Plus it's something which comes in large cheap rolls at bargain stores so something likely on hand. Plus presumably that would have hindered the PM if it was stuck (eww hate saying that) to the skin? Very long shot and probably not likely...

gimme a body, a sheet, some black bags and some tape and i'm sure i could wrap it up and nothing leak for a very long time (please dont turn up at my house with these things for proof lol)

I feel incredibly frustrated that I have been away since Tuesday, had no internet access and hardly watched the News, I just haven't had time to read back from page 36 on the last thread, which is where I left it...

anyway something weird happened yesterday... I care for a very elderley relative in S E London, I have to travel from Herts 2/3 days a week...

Yesterday my elderley relative had workmen in the house, and it turns out that one of them lives on the estate that Tia lived on (:what:) and his son was a close friend of hers :what: - I dont know how much I can say because obviously everything I heard was 'word on the street' (although I dont doubt it!) but I have been left in no doubt that SH is responsible, he more than likely acted alone, Class A drugs featured HEAVILY ALL AROUND Tia, Social Services failed her miserably!! I find myself not feeling a great deal of sympathy for Tia's mother right now EDITED

I pray to God above that Justice is done for Tia, EVERYONE around her failed her in life, her Mother was right "this should not have happened"...I feel quite sure that Tia is more at peace where she is, than she ever was, or likely would be down here.....

:tears:

it had only been 2 days when they first searched on the sunday

Other family members had been in the house,they must have smelt something.
Particularly in the morning as they would not have left candles burning overnight.

gimme a body, a sheet, some black bags and some tape and i'm sure i could wrap it up and nothing leak for a very long time (please dont turn up at my house with these things for proof lol)

On my way...just need to stop off at the local shop for supplies! XD

Sorry if already posted...

http://www.itv.com/news/2012-08-17/itv-news-exclusive-tia-sharp-family-referred-to-social-services/

I understand that over the last five years police and other agencies have referred Tia Sharp's family to Merton Social Services on a number of occasions.

More than once, it has been been about issues surrounding the abuse of Class A drugs by members of Tia Sharp's family and on another occasion police referred the family to social services after they were called to some kind of disturbance at her home.

On each occasion social services examined the information and a decision was made not to allocate a social worker to the family and the case was effectively closed - the last time being around a year ago.

There are two things we should stress here - firstly none of these incidents involved or related to Stuart Hazell, the man charged with murdering Tia who is the boyfriend of her grandmother.

Secondly, we shouldn't jump to any conclusions - hindsight is, after all a wonderful thing, and it may be that the correct procedures were followed and the right decisions made given the information known at the time.

What this does tell us, however, is why there is a serious case review ongoing, what it's starting point is and why there are concerns that, perhaps, things could or should have been done differently.

Particularly in the morning as they would not have left candles burning overnight.

dunno then, my head is starting to hurt lol

And often, trying to cover an unpleasant smell with a supposedly "pleasant" one quite often makes the unpleasant one even more distinguishable.

I say this because I'm a student with 5 housemates that don't clean up after themselves. I returned to pick up some books a few weeks ago and someone had packed the dishwasher and not run it (:sick:) - mould everywhere and the whole place stank. I used about 3 cans of Febreze and scented candles to try and mask the smell and it just made it worse. And I'm sure that a smell of a dead body in a hot loft > mouldy plates!

Wow, thanks for posting, Luna. I can't say any of that comes as a particular surprise and I imagined that the local rumours would involve similar. How awful!

and at this point that's all they are, rumours

and at this point that's all they are, rumours

Yes of course. But it paints a picture of what life was like from a local, if nothing else. And like I said they are rumours, just as they were suspicions in my own mind.

Wow, thanks for posting, Luna. I can't say any of that comes as a particular surprise and I imagined that the local rumours would involve similar. How awful!

you can imagine my shock graceholl!! I dont want to jeopardise anything (it's all 'gossip' anyway) BUT I hope his past indiscretion does come out eventually.... I feel really angry today, she should have been removed from their care, that kid didn't stand a chance, EDITED what makes me absolutely furious is, that thanks to the police not finding her, the truth might never be EDITED .... I felt ashamed at one point for judging them on appearances..... not anymore!!

Yes of course. But it paints a picture of what life was like from a local, if nothing else. And like I said they are rumours, just as they were suspicions in my own mind.

lol, i used to be a local and i know how rumours start round there all too well

(edited out)

(edited out) I wonder if, like in the Joanna Yeates case, details will be withheld from the trial that will emerge afterwards about the kind of activities the Sharp family were involved in (like Tabak's fascination with strangulation and weird sexual preferences were revealed after the trial). Which seemed bizarre to me: it was like they had to prove his guilt without that big fat motive right there.

Sadly with many families like this in Britain there is very little social services can do. I worked with a girl once who I knew smoked drugs at home, often with friends and boyfriend, and had a young baby there the whole time. Really appalling. Sounds like that isn't half as bad as what the situation may have been like for Tia. :(

lol, i used to be a local and i know how rumours start round there all too well

Of course, as they do anywhere. I have heard bizarre rumours of my local area too, and you know which ones to take with a pinch of salt.

Generally to me the rumours only seem to add credence to the image of Hazell and CS as, for want of a better word, scumbags. Would you disagree with me? Would you doubt there were drugs floating around? Because that's all these "rumours" have really alluded to, other than the supposed 'indiscretion' which we probably shouldn't talk about until it comes to trial.

And often, trying to cover an unpleasant smell with a supposedly "pleasant" one quite often makes the unpleasant one even more distinguishable.

I say this because I'm a student with 5 housemates that don't clean up after themselves. I returned to pick up some books a few weeks ago and someone had packed the dishwasher and not run it (:sick:) - mould everywhere and the whole place stank. I used about 3 cans of Febreze and scented candles to try and mask the smell and it just made it worse. And I'm sure that a smell of a dead body in a hot loft > mouldy plates!

I've not long returned home to the stench of 'cat food' wafting through the place, my neighbour came in to feed them, but with no ventilation whilst I wasn't here ..... YUK!!!!

No.. social sevices did not fail Tia- her family did.

The friend of Tia's is not privy to the police investigation so cannot know at this moment who was responsible and whether they acted alone or not.

I have posted a link which states the family WAS KNOWN to Social Services, if Tia's family failed her as you have stated, Social Services had a 'duty of care' to protect her..... they chose not to.

you can imagine my shock graceholl!! I dont want to jeopardise anything (it's all 'gossip' anyway) BUT I hope his past indiscretion does come out eventually.... I feel really angry today, she should have been removed from their care, that kid didn't stand a chance, they are notorious for being smacked out of their faces most of the time, not even capable of looking after themselves, let alone children, what makes me absolutely furious is, that thanks to the police not finding her, the truth might never be told (I only caught up with the News just now)

(he might have had a hiding place in the loft for his dealings) and possibly that's why he told Granny he was going up there (to hide it from the searches)... I dont think she knew what had happened but people wonder about nobody 'smelling' something untoward, but conclude of them being so 'out of it' that they didn't notice.... I felt ashamed at one point for judging them on appearances..... not anymore!!

So are you saying Granny and the rest of the family visiting in would not have smelt anything because they all were off their heads with drugs-does that include Uncle David -the family spokesman?

@Luna15 I really think you should read up on the due process as you're leaving yourself open to prosecution if the police read this or if anyone should report this thread. The spreading of rumours while a criminal investigation is ongoing is an offense. This is past discussing "theories". Again not a criticism just a warning as to how the law works rightly or wrongly.

acknowledged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member