GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hazell's QC is Lord Alex Carlile.

From wikipedia: "Lord Carlile of Berriew is a practising barrister and former head of chambers of 9–12 Bell Yard, a leading set of barristers' chambers. He successfully defended Diana, Princess of Wales's butler, Paul Burrell, against charges that Burrell had stolen some of her estate's belongings.[1] In 2001 he was appointed the independent reviewer of terrorism legislation.[2] Carlile stood down as head of chambers at 9-12 Bell Yard in March 2008."

and...surely not where they are heading with this defence????:

Lord Carlile also has a particular interest in mental health issues, was a co-founder of the Welsh charity Rekindle and has chaired the Select Committee of both Houses of Parliament on recent mental health legislation.

and...surely not where they are heading with this defence????:

Lord Carlile also has a particular interest in mental health issues, was a co-founder of the Welsh charity Rekindle and has chaired the Select Committee of both Houses of Parliament on recent mental health legislation.

Mmm. Doesn't sound great.

I don't understand why someone of such standing would take on this case. Same with any who defend obvious perps though e.g. Casey Anthony (JMO), Huntley.

But I know very little about the legal profession. So...

Kathryn Stanczyszyn‏@stanchers

Judge says plea and case management hearing set for October so psychiatric reports can be prepared in Tia Sharp case @lbc973

Kathryn Stanczyszyn‏@stanchers

Judge says plea and case management hearing set for October so psychiatric reports can be prepared in Tia Sharp case @lbc973

No surprise. I'm guessing a plea of manslaughter on grounds of mental instability or whatever the lingo is..

I'm still struggling to see how SH is the only culprit in this - even if he was the only one who did the physical deed.

@skynewsgatherer: Screens just been switched on in court 1 ahead of Stuart #Hazell appearance. He will appear via video link from HMP Belmarsh. #TiaSharp

@DannyShawBBC
#tiasharp Hazel appears on video screen wearing orange T shirt. Seated next to prison officer.

Sandra Laville ‏@sandralaville

Hazell appears on video link wearing orange t shirt and tracksuit bottoms and says "yeah" he can hear #tiasharp

martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt

#TiaSharp Charge of murder of Tia Sharp says Pros. No bail application says defence

@skynewsgatherer
Lord Carlile QC confirms there is no application for bail today for Stuart Hazell. #TiaSharp

With 30 previous convictions, I'd be surprised if he pulls the 'diminished responsibility' card. The Polish guy who killed his wife and children in Jersey last year is claiming the same thing, although his plea has been turned down. Do we know about Hazell's other convictions apart from the drug dealing and possession of a machete?

Jon Clements‏@JonClementsITV

Lord Carlile QC says he is not applying for bail for Hazell today "but may at a later stage" #TiaSharp

@skynewsgatherer
Lord Carlile QC confirms there is no application for bail today for Stuart Hazell. #TiaSharp

may apply for bail at a later date, meaning that they're waiting to see what evidence is uncovered at PM?

DannyShawBBC
#tiasharp Judge says hearing for Hazell to enter a plea on Nov 19. Provisional trial date Jan 21

Not unusual at all. Actually quite quick.

It may well be quick for trials such as this, but a heel of a long wait for the innocent family members to wait for justice. So no more info to be released til November.....good get quiet round here....

Not unusual at all. Actually quite quick.

Yeah I thought the same.

Let's hope the prosecution have as much evidence as they did in the Tabak trial (though if I remember correctly a fair amount of that was circumstantial?).

I think with this case because they had their man from early on there was no need to release info to the public. We were drip fed by Avon & Somerset LE during the Yeates case because they had to appeal to the public for info for nearing a month. LE don't need to in this case because I'm sure it's pretty much wrapped up - so I think this case may now go cold as far as new information until trial.

Joanna Yeates was killed in Dec 2011, Tabak's trial was Oct 2011.

Sian O'Callaghan's body was found in March 2011. Chris Halliwell's trial is not until Feb 2013

Yes, it's a long time to wait. Must be awful for relatives

@DannyShawBBC
#tiasharp Hearing is over. Lasted 10 mins. When Judge told Hazell he was adjourning case he said "ok thank you sir", nodded & was led fr ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro