GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoted from Cherwell: "Don't know about that. We only know what the media report, and it's entirely possible that members of the family did tell police that they had "rung round everyone" and "nobody's seen her" or something along those lines.

True, but I was going off of what SH ( a primary source) stated in his TV interview....he said they searched the fair he never mentioned searching at friends or neighbors houses....[/QUOTE]

I agree-If they had asked neighbours and searched the neighbour hood I think Sh would have mentioned it in his interview.He went into detail about every thing else he did that day.

True, but I was going off of what SH ( a primary source) stated in his TV interview....he said they searched the fair he never mentioned searching at friends or neighbors houses....

Yes, it's quite bizarre how the fair story is given such prominence at the expense of mentioning other actions which you would think routine.

I'm sure somebody would have mentioned checking with friends though - it would surely have cropped up during conversations with the police.

what doesn't help are the amount of conflicting news stories.

the only people who will have what is pretty much the true story is the Police, everybody on here are just going on stories that are different depending on where you read them.

also when a lot of stuff gets removed from websites it just makes it all the more confusing.

I agree it does make it confusing!

Angela Niles stated she was confused by changing stories and she should have been getting information direct from the family.

If various family members had beeen telling the truth from the beginning there would be no need for any of the information to change.

The Addington Village Police station public desk is closed after a certain time of night and only used by Police on duty in the area

just to add also, New Addington is actually covered by South Norwood Police.

Mitcham has it's own police station aswell. Both South Norwood and Mitcham seem to be open 24 hours. Is Croydon Station some kind of escalation station perhaps? Just a thought.

Mitcham has it's own police station aswell. Both South Norwood and Mitcham seem to be open 24 hours. Is Croydon Station some kind of escalation station perhaps? Just a thought.

Croydon police station is open 24/7 i think

but its nowhere near Mitcham, Merton or New Addington

Croydon police station is open 24/7 i think

but its nowhere near Mitcham, Merton or New Addington

Thx. I was just thinking that TS could have initially been reported missing at Mitcham (near NS's house) or at South Norwood (near CS's house). If it is the case, for example, that missings persons cases get referred to Croydon, then there is nothing of significance to read into it.

Since Croydon was her alleged destination, I should have thought it would be referred to Croydon police station as soon as it was reported, wherever the initial call was received.

Thx. I was just thinking that TS could have initially been reported missing at Mitcham (near NS's house) or at South Norwood (near CS's house). If it is the case, for example, that missings persons cases get referred to Croydon, then there is nothing of significance to read into it.

South Norwood Police station is nowhere near New Addington either lol

to be honest i have no idea where or how they reported her missing.

Since Croydon was her alleged destination, I should have thought it would be referred to Croydon police station as soon as it was reported, wherever the initial call was received.

No, it should be reported to the station that covers her last known location (well that is how it goes where I live anyway).

No, it should be reported to the station that covers her last known location (well that is how it goes where I live anyway).

What I said is that Croydon police station would be informed, because she might have reached Croydon.

It's probably academic anyway, because one would normally just ring either the emergency or non-emergency police number, and the call would be directed from there to the appropriate place.

Anyone know how long the defence have got to decide whether to have their own PM or not? Or indeed whether the body has been released for the funeral? I'm struggling to see that they can delay the release much longer.

Anyone know how long the defence have got to decide whether to have their own PM or not? Or indeed whether the body has been released for the funeral? I'm struggling to see that they can delay the release much longer.

Not heard any news on the body being released to the family for the funeral. No news either on whether a defence PM will be done. I did wonder whether the decision on a defence PM might not be made until such time as the prosecution PM tests come back. And possibly that's why the body hasn't yet been released.

Not heard any news on the body being released to the family for the funeral. No news either on whether a defence PM will be done. I did wonder whether the decision on a defence PM might not be made until such time as the prosecution PM tests come back. And possibly that's why the body hasn't yet been released.

I was thinking the same, but seriously, how long do these tests take? The reults must already be known.....

I did read, a long time ago, that the defense have 28 days to request a 2nd PM, or that one will be performed anyway at 28 days....something like that. I cannot remember where I read this. grrrr

Can't find a definite timeframe. Tests can take several weeks though

Pathologist's Reports and Other Medical Issues

Do not send a case of murder without receipt of a pathologist's statement covering the cause of death. Release the pathologist's statement to the defence as quickly as possible so that they may arrange a second post-mortem if required or so that the coroner may release the deceased's body.

In most cases, the Crown's pathologist will only provide an "interim report" giving the likely cause of death. A full report will follow.

Prosecutors are reminded that in cases involving head injuries, delays of up to 12 weeks can occur whilst neurological analysis is undertaken.

Pathologists will generally complete their final report once all other studies have been completed, e.g. histology, toxicology etc.

From http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/h_to_k/homicide_murder_and_manslaughter/

How peaceful !

Yes. Probably won't hear anything now until the funeral. BTW did you see that I found what appears to be a police statement that said that TS was expected to return to her home in Mitcham at 6pm on Friday 3rd? I genuinely thought that when the papers reported DN as saying "Bye. See you at Six" (MOW) that DN was quoting SH. Seems that may not be the case. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse