GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Preventing Lawful and Decent burial

This is arguably one of the most unusual laws, and something which people have very rarely been convicted of.

This week it was announced that Han Kristian Rausing had been sentenced to 10 months in custody, suspended for two years, for preventing the lawful and decent burial of his wife Eva Rausing. It appears that his wife may have been dead for up to two months, before her body was found by police.

The offence of preventing the lawful and decent burial of a body is not technically a crime, but a common law offence. Whilst a crime is something created and governed by statute, common law is a legal system based on precedent. In essence this means that a defendant accused of a common law offence will appear before a Crown Court, not a Magistrates Court, which has broader sentencing powers.

IF it it found that there is no case for SH to answer, I don't think for one minute the fella will have a normal life. He will be effectively imprisoned for the rest of his life. For him, it's not about getting off, it's about being found innocent. Nothing else, for him, would allow him any sort of a life.

And IMO, I can't see this not ending in a murder conviction. Although there's an outside possibility it may be someone else.

Anyone know when the other test results are due back from the lab, the ones they hope will give a COD?

It's so close to likely that I consider it fact. In Maths the area under a curve is estimated by "differentiation"....it's so close to being accurate that its actually correct. That's how I am looking at this. There is no lodger.

I have no idea what you're talking about :crosseyed:
But I remember all the people who were sure Vincent Tabak didn't have a car - so in the absence of information I prefer to keep an open mind. :smile:

I have no idea what you're talking about :crosseyed:
But I remember all the people who were sure Vincent Tabak didn't have a car - so in the absence of information I prefer to keep an open mind. :smile:

Understand that, but with the amount of press outside this premises and Police, I'm absolutely certain that there was no lodger. No lodger wouldn't have made a statement for instance. No car could.

Understand that, but with the amount of press outside this premises and Police, I'm absolutely certain that there was no lodger. No lodger wouldn't have made a statement for instance. No car could.

The lodger might have been away on holiday :D

No lodger wouldn't have made a statement for instance.

Some people are private and won't speak to the media. Look at all the people who lived at 44 Canynge Road (the building where Joanna Yeates was killed) who managed to keep their names out of the papers.

I think you are very likely right and there is no lodger, but we don't know for sure.

Some people are private and won't speak to the media. Look at all the people who lived at 44 Canynge Road (the building where Joanna Yeates was killed) who managed to keep their names out of the papers.

I think you are very likely right and there is no lodger, but we don't know for sure.

If I knew anything about this case for sure I wouldn't be on this website. So, moving on how did they make up the extra cash having not had a lodger. And I find it quite remarkable that if this family is as dysfunctional as is being made out that an ex lodger would come back to help with the search and cuddle CS.

To me that says she's not such bad person. It says to me that indeed she was a good grandma.

What else does it say?

If I knew anything about this case for sure I wouldn't be on this website. So, moving on how did they make up the extra cash having not had a lodger. And I find it quite remarkable that if this family is as dysfunctional as is being made out that an ex lodger would come back to help with the search and cuddle CS.

To me that says she's not such bad person. It says to me that indeed she was a good grandma.

What else does it say?

what extra cash ?

I encourage creative theories regardless if they are based on "facts" it has been fun reading and seeing different angles of this baffling case....there was a body lying in a loft decomposing for about a week during which time police were in and out of the house as were family and friends...and nobody knew how bizarre.....then you add a family who have few boundaries were mother and daughter date the same guy.....the prime suspect has prior convictions of violence, SH the drug dealing machete wielding partner of the victims grandma....now on to the family in Merton where the victim resided most of the time with her mother and mothers partner....There have been three reports to Child Protective Services at this residence for drugs and Domestic Violence......This is just a lil snippet of the issues surrounding Tia and her family....I have at least three of my own theories of what possibly could have happened and they keep changing due to the excellent sleuthing that this thread has provided. Thank you!

The case is intriguing....

The black bag and bedsheet could hold vital forensic clues. eg. If she was accidentally knocked out then placed inside either, there could be traces of saliva that may suggest she was still breathing when wrapped in them.

The black bag and bedsheet could hold vital forensic clues. eg. If she was accidentally knocked out then placed inside either, there could be traces of saliva that may suggest she was still breathing when wrapped in them.

Could also mean that they wanted any room used for a brothel to have that "sexy feel"? I'm not discounting that spare room that used to earn money and now doesn't.

On March 19, 2005, the police found Lunsford's body at a residence located on West Sparrow Court, buried in a hole approximately 2½' deep and 2' circular, covered with leaves. The body was removed from the ground and transported to the coroner's office. Her body had undergone "moderate" to "severe" decomposition and according to the publicly released autopsy reports was skeletonized on two fingers that Lunsford had poked through the bags before suffocating to death. The coroner ruled that death would have happened even in best circumstances within 2–3 minutes from lack of oxygen.

On March 19, 2005, the police found Lunsford's body at a residence located on West Sparrow Court, buried in a hole approximately 2½' deep and 2' circular, covered with leaves. The body was removed from the ground and transported to the coroner's office. Her body had undergone "moderate" to "severe" decomposition and according to the publicly released autopsy reports was skeletonized on two fingers that Lunsford had poked through the bags before suffocating to death. The coroner ruled that death would have happened even in best circumstances within 2–3 minutes from lack of oxygen.

Not sure I get the point here...?

the cash they don't now have as they have no lodger.....

why would they supplement it with something else.

there has been nothing said about how much CS earns or how much money SH receives from wherever either.

all we know is that CS is a carer, it didn't say what position she held or how much she earned, for all we know she could have been a manager on very good money.

we don't know what benefits SH received as its never been reported.

although they may have less money coming in it doesn't mean they would have to find a way to replace that income as they may have had enough to live on as it is.

i find its a lot easier to work things out by using what we DO know than guessing about things we DON'T know.

we cant just assume that because the lodger has left that they have turned to drug dealing or prostitution.

Not sure I get the point here...?

the point is that even though the body was badly decomposed they could still tell the cause of death due to how they end up ie: in a plastic bag.

this would have been determined by the fingers poked through the bag to try and let air in.

don't count on it if that's all he gets convicted of.

Hans Kristian Rausing, heir to Hans Rausing who owned the multinational food packaging and processing company Tetra Pak, was charged with the offence of preventing the lawful and decent burial of a body on 17 July 2012 following the discovery of the corpse of his wife, Eva Rausing. He received a suspended sentence of imprisonment
If, in the event a cause of death cannot be established and Stuart Hazell can only be charged with preventing lawful burial, I would be greatly surprised if his sentence is commensurate with that of the billionaire Hans Kristian Rausing.

If, in the event a cause of death cannot be established and Stuart Hazell can only be charged with preventing lawful burial, I would be greatly surprised if his sentence is commensurate with that of the billionaire Hans Kristian Rausing.

why?

SH only hid it for a week, that guy hid it for 2 months.

Wouldn't he also be charged with lying or giving misleading information to the police too as he's the one who stated Tia left the house at 12.10pm?

Wouldn't he also be charged with lying or giving misleading information to the police too as he's the one who stated Tia left the house at 12.10pm?

i think one would supersede the other as he already did that by preventing the burial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaNaP_2019