Unedited Police Interrogation Videos of Jodi

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In video 5 around the 32:00 mark, when she is sitting in the room alone, she briefly giggles and then says something that sounds like "still beat you... brat".

Can somebody listen to that and tell me if I'm hearing that correctly?

SO chilling... I was waiting for her to look up at the camera with red eyes. She is the devil.

I heard the Brat part still cannot understand the first part. Maybe someone else can hear what you heard.

I listen to that on video it sounds like after her giggle she says still got you brat.

don't know if Travis ever called her a brat. not saying I can read the killer mind. but the giggle made me speculate if she was saying something that Travis would say to her.. like you killed me but i still got you for my murder. she did the same thing when she explained why she smiled on her mug shot

I assume someone is watching her & as I've watched the videos, I've made myself laugh several times. Like when she's standing on her head, I picture one of the detectives taking a double take and calling the rest of the police station over "OMG, look at this chick!", or when she goes through the trash :floorlaugh: Trying to find levity in some of it because otherwise, I'd vomit my way through the videos!

I actually feel dirty and skeeved out when I watch her. I've never seen anything like it.

In video 5 around the 32:00 mark, when she is sitting in the room alone, she briefly giggles and then says something that sounds like "still beat you... brat".

Can somebody listen to that and tell me if I'm hearing that correctly?

SO chilling... I was waiting for her to look up at the camera with red eyes. She is the devil.
Earlier in that video she is singing a song by Dido. The song starts out with "I didn't hear your LEAVE" but she sings "I didn't hear you BREATHE"... It sounds like later in the video when she giggles and says something, I hear the word the word 'breathe'...like she realized she had put the wrong word in when she was singing and she giggled at the morbid irony of that mistake (freudian slip). (like of course not, he was dead)
Listen again, do you hear her giggle and say the word 'breathe' in whatever she said?

I didn't hear you leave
I wonder how am I still here
I don't want to move a thing
It might change my memory

Oh I am what I am
I'll do what I want but I can't hide
I won't go I won't sleep
I can't breathe until you're resting here with me
I won't leave I can't hide
I cannot be until you're resting here with me

I don't want to call my friends
They might wake me from this dream
And I can't leave this bed,
Risk forgetting all that's been

Oh I am what I am
I'll do what I want,
But I can't hide
I won't go, I won't sleep,

I can't breathe,
Until you're resting here with me
I won't leave, I can't hide,
I cannot be until you're resting here with me

I also heard, "still beat you ....brat"

It's hard to hear because the air conditioner popped on, but it does sound like that's what she's saying. It's a word she used before when talking about her Mom hitting her with a wooden spoon when she was a brat, so it's part of her lingo.

David_Lohr - Thank you for the video uploads. The into/exit music was awesome. I found myself looking forward to it after hearing long periods of silence combined with her ridiculous lies.

Happy Easter to everybody who celebrates! Have a blessed day!

Video#6 @ 25:50 Jodi pulling out the stops to get her camera back.
Hmmm ....I watched this several times because something seemed so off about Jodi's actions. Weeping about newlywed's pix & her sister & brother all concerned for others & then after a few minutes she turns it off like a toggle switch. Cold again. Oblivious to the pain of others...wait I see it!!! It was fake! conning, lying,.....oh & she is so good!! Scary.

Something tells me those newlyweds will always remember their wedding photographer - with or without the pictures! Quite a story to tell the grandkids. ; )

Tape 12 @ 8:19
Dt. Flores asks JA if she went to Travis' on that day to try to stop him from going to Mexico.
JA: Oh, no. I would never try to do that. He was going to go to Chitzen Itza. Dt. Flores says that he too wants to go there.
JA: It's on A Thousand Places To See. That's an important part of our history.
What I hear here is it's NOT someplace Jodi wants Travis to take someone else as it is "special" to her belief that she and he will see these places together. This would be a huge breach of her fantasy that Travis would never "really not belong to her."

I know without a doubt that on June 4, 2008 she believed that Travis's marriage to Mimi was a done deal and that was something she just couldn't bear. While I might have become suicidal I think JA became homicidal. There was just no way she was going to allow Travis marry another.

Also the first time I heard mention of the Cancun trip (Mayan ruins) was in the 1,000 Places To See Before You Die. For Jodi, that was her and Travis' thing not for Travis and any other woman.

I think after the murder Jodi ran the scenario through her head over and over worrying about the crime scene and evidence. I think she had focused concerns regarding particular evidence at the crime scene and was obsessed with looking at the photos so she could see for herself to be prepared with her lies to cover. I wonder if she couldn't remember things like..did the shower door open from the left or right? Damn, can't remember.. Did bedroom/closet the doors open left to right? Damn, can't be sure..
I noticed she is doing her writing with her right hand in her interrogation tapes. Left handed writing in court. States in court she is mainly a Lefty, but ambidextrous. I call BS.. There is something calculated and strategic going on with the lefty/righty thing.. (even if only in her own mind)..

I wondered too if she knew she was being recorded? Some of her actions suggest she was playing to the camera (the head stand, for example) but other actions -- like playing with the tape recorder while she is alone -- make me question this.

What was funny was that, at one point, she takes the small cassette out of the tape recorder and looks at it before putting it back in. Flores enters just at that moment, says something and then takes the recorder, as if he accidentally forgot it.

BBM. She was looking for a way to commit suicide :floorlaugh:

Also the first time I heard mention of the Cancun trip (Mayan ruins) was in the 1,000 Places To See Before You Die. For Jodi, that was her and Travis' thing not for Travis and any other woman.

I dont believe Travis bought that book. It was her idea. Look at the name of the book. Thats no coincidence. Travis had friends go with them on trips. He did not want to be alone with her.

I think she kept playing with the recorder worrying that she did not want her spoken words on record that she may later regret. At the point she took out the small cassette and stared at it I think she was thinking of it angry and worried, it was an issue like the memory card they had from the camera... I think she was considering destroying it.

I've still only made it through the first 5 videos, but here's what jumped out at me:

When Jodi moved out of Rachel’s, the new place was within Travis’ ward boundaries (according to Jodi).

How does she know Travis wrote in long letter to Sky Hughes and what Sky sent in response?

Jodi says Travis was trying to make Jodi look bad in the Hughes’ eyes with story about tow truck driver (concerned with losing their respect).

Jodi has a lot of trouble explaining why she didn’t leave Travis. It is not a question she expected to be asked. Real reason is obvious?

Jodi never physically reacts to what Flores says.

Jodi clearly believes French maid’s outfit photo was sent as a joke. Flores says Travis was a big flirt and Jodi agrees. Travis did not expect her to wear the outfit.

Jodi tells Travis’ friend John that she knows “that’s true” that Travis is looking for someone to marry. Why does she then confront him about it later? She didn’t know but doesn’t react to bad news.

Jodi struggles to explain where she drove. She has not thought up coherent story to explain.

Jodi has already thought of explanations why her blood and hair might be at the house, but never expected LE to find palm print.

Flores makes quite a business of flipping through photo binder, paging back and forth, letting Jodi sweat. Pretty clever!

The first sign of serious crying is over photos. Almost cries out when shown photo of pants’ leg and foot.

Immediately states that neighbors would not recognize her because of change in hair color. This answer points to premeditation.

LOTS of worrying about reputation and losing others’ respect.

Jodi is genuinely curious about what Flores means when he says she is not acting right. And here she thought she’d figured out how she was supposed to behave!

She knows Travis is in a better place and his family’s grief will be temporary. Self-justification for why killing him wasn’t so bad. Thinks everyone will cry a bit then move on. It’s what SHE would do.

Thank you! At the end of the video I just watched (after she ate her sandwich) she folded up a piece of paper and hid it in her jail pants. I'm guessing she has no idea she's being recorded and while alone in that room. Wonder what that piece of paper was for hmmm...

ETA: end of video 16, beginning of video 17

Her suicide note, of course! :floorlaugh:

Wow ok, so Jody got her new game plan from the brilliant female detective. "We don't need you to say a word, we already know you did this. But im here for you. And you can take control of this situation by painting yourself in a better light. Maybe he used you in some way. But how you protray yourself is how you can control the situation." <<< what is this crap? It's encouraging her to lie. Not to tell the truth of what happened but to demonize Travis and find a way to tailor a story to the evidence that makes her look like a victim. Wtf?

i think that's a little unfair. first of all, they didn't KNOW what happened---they still don't for that matter! they were trying to get her to talk. KEEP her talking.

my ex-BF worked homicide for years and this is what they do, according to him. he'd get a guy he KNEW killed his wife and he'd say things like 'man, i get it. i bet she pushed all your buttons that day. been there myself. you just get to where you can't take the nagging anymore. i can understand why you did this.' he's not trying to get the guy to lie. he's trying to get him to CONFESS. the evidence in the case will take care of the rest, no matter how the guy spins it.

in this case, blaney very accurately saw right off the bat that JA's 'reputation' was very important to her----how she was seen by other people. also, she picked up on her need to control. she probably got this from watching det. flores question her and talking to him before she went in the room. she thought (not yet knowing JA has no use for women) that JA might relate better to a woman.

remember, they were seeing this psychopath for the first time. but their goal was to get her talking and keep her talking. she did a really good job with JA, IMO. JA didn't deny most of what det. blaney said. she just sat there between her irrelevant rants about money and wedding pictures.

but when det. flores came back in, that's when she FINALLY admitted she'd been there. maybe that wouldn't have happened without the work blaney did. important part is she PUT HERSELF AT THE SCENE for the first time. that alone is huge.

JA: They said they took knives out of my car.
Det: I don't even know whose they are.
JA: Oh, they're Daryl's. They've been in storage for years just collecting dust. One might have been mine.

Her suicide note, of course! :floorlaugh:

I thought maybe she stuck the paper in her pants because she didn't want to throw it in the trash. What got me was how LONG she took in folding that paper up "perfectly".

"On video 9, 12:10, JA is asked about whether or not TA knew she was coming. All she can say is he asked her to and she said she wasn't. Then the Det asked if TA was surprised she came. She never answers.

That solidifies to me that TA did not know she was coming. She is a liar of major proportions and that questions was an easy yes, even for her. Not being able to lie, means she hasn't thought it thru enough to know if it is to her benefit at that time."

Agree! And, I just noticed in video 13, a little past the 3 min mark, he asks why she went and JA, after lots of pausing throughout, says "I'm just starting to remember that week, and the week prior, and the Friday prior had a lot to do with it."

I wonder what happened on the Friday prior to June 4th? I checked a calendar and the Friday prior was May 30th.

Det.: I know Travis didn't lock his doors. He trusted everybody.

JA: Have you ever seen the movie The Secret?

Det: No I don't think . . . .

JA: It's kind like the Law of Attraction thing, you know, what you bring into your life. He felt that if you lock your doors it's like what are you telling the universe, the ether out there. It's like I need to lock my doors for a reason.

Det: Yeah, I want to be safe.

JA: I want to be safe so which also gives the impression that there's somebody that could hurt me.

Notice Jodi's body language..
In testimony she says she doesn't use the front door on June 4 because she knows it will be locked. I'm really starting to believe he DID NOT invite her in at all. And he WAS trying to tell people that Jodi was dangerous.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MairinAmaliah
Back