US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If he was denied entry to the rally, perhaps this was a back up plan. The explosives in the vehicle a third plan. ? It will be interesting to know if he had planted the ladder on the property ahead of time, and if so was this property actually swept by LE/SS? If so, was it missed? If not, why not.

Is there a verified source for the photo that shows a ladder was placed there? Just checking as sometimes people will photoshop these things. TIA

ETA - See MassGuys cropped photo.

Here's what the witness who first saw Crooks said, "we saw a guy crawling, army, bear crawling up the roof of the building". Hear his account for yourself Trump rally: Witness says he saw gunman minutes before shots were fired

Sorry to quote myself.

I think the witness was talking about Crooks crawling up to the roof peakline, not the point he was going up the ladder to the roof - as I initally assumed.

It was an AR-15. Folks saw the shooter climbing up the side of the building,they told police & security. Apparently it fell on deaf ears. No pun intended. This isn't how America is. This isn't what we stand for.

It didn't fall on deaf ears because an officer did respond and climbed up there. I have a feeling there were some communications problems on site between Secret Service and local or state LE. Secret Service does this type of specialized work every day, local LE doesn't. It's out of their usual type of policing.

I just don't get how someone in shorts was mistaken for a team member? Has anyone seen any other SS, Local LE, Security Staff at this event in shorts? Regardless, it's a MAJOR fail.
^^rsbm

Not making any excuses here but just to say I mistakenly took early images of TC as a look alike team member wearing long pants.

A witness who spoke very early to BBC told how he was assembled with others at the fence line when he first saw TC "bear crawling" on a building roof. Witness reported he started pointing and motioning to the building roof about 50 feet from where he was standing. He said he was motioning to security personnel he'd already seen, and/or personnel he was aware had binoculars trained on him.

While the witness never described TC's clothing or that the individual "bear crawling" on the roof was wearing short pants, I can say that in the first photos I saw of TC both alive and after he was deceased, I mistakenly believed he was wearing long pants. It wasn't until I saw a bloody photo of TC by somebody standing over his body that I realized his was wearing short pants with a black belt!

Again, I initially mistook the shooter as dressed in beige fatigues with a beige shirt with square badge of the US flag sown on the sleeve.

I'm also not aware of anybody coming forward yet to say they saw him in the car park, carrying the rifle, approaching one of these low buildings, or how/when TC climbed on top of the roof.

However, what I understand better today that the event venue was actually a fairgrounds with low farm buildings. IMO, I think TC strategically timed his arrival/shooting when Trump was midway into his presentation on stage (with large charts on screens), and where all eyes and ears were on Trump. JMO

I hope counseling is made available to all attendees of events involving public shootings.

Do campaign events matter more than concerts or classrooms or shopping malls or church services?

Seeing people bloodied — and children torn into bloody lumps — is traumatic.

That said, I’ve come to believe that the images of the aftermath should be shared and shared widely like this one is. We’re all fortunate that former Pres. Trump is still on this earth.

MOO.
I don't disagree that counseling could be very helpful to people who witnessed or experienced the kind of violence that happened yesterday. But who would provide the services? How would costs be covered?

Our nation doesn't have a good track record with providing mental health care. Many people suffer because of that. :(

jmo

I have been wondering that all day. You can clearly see him line up his shot, lean back for a brief moment, then fire after the shooter fired first.
He lined up his shot then quickly looked up above his scope, then quickly lined up and shot. I think he was ready to shoot then he saw the local LE climb up over the roof, looked an instant above the scope, then took out the shooter when local LE dropped below the roof line. The local LE was probably directly behind shooter. JMO from watching it over and over.

I think that ladder was already there. It may even be affixed to the building.
I've been trying to see behind those arborvitae for a while now using Google maps and unable to see a ladder. So, after looking closely at @MassGuy's photo, it seems to me like what I call a tree ladder. Narrower at the top than the at the bottom. I drew lines to show you the angle of the sides that I see. Due to that IMO I feel like the shooter either brought the ladder there X hours/days before, and hid it behind the arborvitae... or perhaps he just got "lucky" and the ladder was left there from someone working on the roof.

It's also a guess on my part that that is the ladder that LE is said to have climbed to look on the roof before retreated back down.

A local law enforcement officer climbed to the roof and found Crooks, who pointed the rifle at the officer. The officer then retreated down the ladder

1721005293310.png1721005309537.png

Pic source is this post: US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

Here's a link to the map of the building so you can "drive" back and forth to try to see behind those bushes: Google Maps

Very long, very detailed article. It appears they were very few secret service at the event. Teams were "filled" my local law enforcement.

I wonder if they treat the president, vice President, and visiting dignitaries events the same way? The same law applies to all.

The rooftop where a gunman shot at former President Donald Trump during a campaign rally was identified by the U.S. Secret Service as a potential vulnerability in the days before the event, two sources familiar with the agency’s operations told NBC News.

....The Secret Service was aware of the risks associated with it, the sources said.
The Secret Service had designated that rooftop under the jurisdiction of local law enforcement, .....
Butler County District Attorney Richard Goldinger said his office maintains an Emergency Services Unit team that deployed four sniper teams and four “quick response teams” at the rally. But he said the Secret Service agents were in charge of security outside of the venue.
Guglielmi, the Secret Service spokesman, said the agency had two of its counterassault agents at the event and filled out the rest of the platoon with at least six officers from Butler County tactical units. The Secret Service also deployed two countersniper teams. Two other security units needed for the event were staffed by local law enforcement agencies, Guglielmi said. Those details were first reported by The Washington Post.
I would like to know how the Secret Service briefed and coordinated with local LE for this event.

Did they go into detail about what each agency's responsibilities were and how best to accomplish their goals? Was interagency communications worked out in advance so everyone would be immediately notified of any potential threat and what the response should be?

JMO.

[…]

Max R. Smith recalled taking an American history course with Crooks as a sophomore. He did recall Crooks making political statements — but they shed no light on his actions Saturday.

“He definitely was conservative,” he said. “It makes me wonder why he would carry out an assassination attempt on the conservative candidate.”

Smith recalled a mock debate in which their history professor posed government policy questions and asked students to stand on one side of the classroom or the other to signal their support or opposition for a given proposal.

“The majority of the class were on the liberal side, but Tom, no matter what, always stood his ground on the conservative side,” Smith said. “That’s still the picture I have of him. Just standing alone on one side while the rest of the class was on the other.”

[…]

[…]

Max R. Smith recalled taking an American history course with Crooks as a sophomore. He did recall Crooks making political statements — but they shed no light on his actions Saturday.

“He definitely was conservative,” he said. “It makes me wonder why he would carry out an assassination attempt on the conservative candidate.”

Smith recalled a mock debate in which their history professor posed government policy questions and asked students to stand on one side of the classroom or the other to signal their support or opposition for a given proposal.

“The majority of the class were on the liberal side, but Tom, no matter what, always stood his ground on the conservative side,” Smith said. “That’s still the picture I have of him. Just standing alone on one side while the rest of the class was on the other.”

[…]

Trump and the current GOP are not "conservative" wrt the historical definition of the term. Perhaps TC was of the more traditional mindset. But he might also be just a very confused young man without any well-defined opinions.

Is the ladder one already attached to the building so maintenance workers or such can access the roof? Can you see the ladder there in earlier photos?
I can't see a ladder on Google maps and I went up and down the parking lot using the tool. This image was captured in Nov 2023.

1721006631544.png

Here's the link to the map to see for yourself: Google Maps

It didn't fall on deaf ears because an officer did respond and climbed up there. I have a feeling there were some communications problems on site between Secret Service and local or state LE. Secret Service does this type of specialized work every day, local LE doesn't. It's out of their usual type of policing.

I've been tuned in to Pittsburg KDKA/CBS today and learned the officer who first responded to the roof was met with TC turned and aiming his weapon at the officer. After surveying the scene, the officer made the decision to provide the coordinates and details to the sniper team. I agree, this did not fall on deaf ears!

He lined up his shot then quickly looked up above his scope, then quickly lined up and shot. I think he was ready to shoot then he saw the local LE climb up over the roof, looked an instant above the scope, then took out the shooter when local LE dropped below the roof line. The local LE was probably directly behind shooter. JMO from watching it over and over.
Except the one article claimed the shooter aimed his rifle at the LE officer as he appeared on the roof… so wouldn’t the shooter than have to reposition himself and his gun and aim again, perhaps taking another 30 seconds or so?

[…]

[…]

At this point, I don't think the motive was political.

jmopinion

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13