USVI - Lucy Schuhmann, 48, tourist from KY, St. John, US Virgin Islands, 19 Sep 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I do not know Lucy but have been searching for answers as it’s very odd how little the media was saying. This information has come from locals around town on island that are friends with Lucy.
Do you know if any of the locals and friends or hers have a Missing page started? Perhaps on FB or SM? Or maybe are commenting on her FB page? Being able to link what you are hearing from them to a source of some type is the best way to proceed. I understand when we find info that we want to share, but TOS here don't let us just roll with it unless linked to a source or unless the poster is verified as an insider.

Just a friendly word of advice. Especially since what you have to say is valuable.

The hike is very rocky. It is a pretty high fall down if you were to go overboard. The slaves used to jump from Rams Head to end their life of torture. The recent storm could be the reason why it is hard to find anything in the water so far.
Wow so very sad indeed to learn of this. Prayers for answers in the days ahead as the search continues for this precious woman and hope she is found alive and safe♥️

Last edited:
Do you know if any of the locals and friends or hers have a Missing page started? Perhaps on FB or SM? Or maybe are commenting on her FB page? Being able to link what you are hearing from them to a source of some type is the best way to proceed. I understand when we find info that we want to share, but TOS here don't let us just roll with it unless linked to a source or unless the poster is verified as an insider.

Just a friendly word of advice. Especially since what you have to say is valuable.
No details have been released from media as the family is asking for privacy. This information is coming directly from her friends on St. John that she usually stays with and visits. There is a missing FB page posted.

No details have been released to the media as the family is asking for privacy. This information is coming directly from her friends on St. John that she usually stays with and visits. There is a missing FB page posted.
If this post is not allowed please delete it no problem. Just wanted to share info of situation surrounding her disappearance.

Even though searchers are taking a fresh look for 48-year-old Lucy Schuhmann on remote cliffs of Ram Head, Virgin Islands National Park spokesman Thomas Kelly said rescuers do not believe she fell.

Most of the area below Ram Head is jagged rocks, not water, so if anyone had fallen off, rescuers probably would have found a body by now.

Rescuers focus on Virgin Islands cliffs where missing American's backpack was found
This is very strange that they are taking another look into rams head but don’t believe she was in the water and say if she was they probably would’ve found her by now. Rams head is like a desert. There isn’t much out there besides cactus and dirt/rocks on the trail. There isn’t anything to block her where she couldn’t have already been found if she were still on the trail.

Yes usually they would’ve found someone in the water by now had they fallen but as mentioned earlier the search had to be called off the day of the storm which made the water more rough than usual. Obviously if search had to be called off during the storm conditions were not good and worse than usual.

I just don’t get why her family isn’t releasing any information or giving a bio in an effort to generate media and get her found as quickly as possible.

This is very strange that they are taking another look into rams head but don’t believe she was in the water and say if she was they probably would’ve found her by now. Rams head is like a desert. There isn’t much out there besides cactus and dirt/rocks on the trail. There isn’t anything to block her where she couldn’t have already been found if she were still on the trail.

Yes usually they would’ve found someone in the water by now had they fallen but as mentioned earlier the search had to be called off the day of the storm which made the water more rough than usual. Obviously if search had to be called off during the storm conditions were not good and worse than usual.

I just don’t get why her family isn’t releasing any information or giving a bio in an effort to generate media and get her found as quickly as possible.

Bubbles, your comments have been exceptionally enlightening, and I definitely don’t want them to get deleted for not being based on a mainstream media source. If you contact a moderator to let them know you have a personal connection to the case, they will give you Verified Insider status and that status will allow you to continue sharing what you’re hearing from Lucy’s friends in the USVI!
Here’s a link to the page explaining the VI process: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Bubbles, your comments have been exceptionally enlightening, and I definitely don’t want them to get deleted for not being based on a mainstream media source. If you contact a moderator to let them know you have a personal connection to the case, they will give you Verified Insider status and that status will allow you to continue sharing what you’re hearing from Lucy’s friends in the USVI!
Here’s a link to the page explaining the VI process: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters
Thank you! I have emailed them.

Thanks for sending her that link. I meant to do that, but wasn't sure if she's considered an insider if she doesn't know Lucy. Anyway, better to be on the safe side.

I don't want her info to disappear either.

I mean the airports have been open and are still open right now. Locals are even offering up their homes for free if the family wants to come down and search for Lucy. Seems like if they really want to be on St. John it’d be more than possible for them to be.

Search continues for Ky. woman who vanished in Virgin Islands last week

Schuhmann is 5 feet, 8 inches tall, weighing about 130 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes

1259492-11-20190927090647.jpeg

Find Lucy FB page: Lucy Schuhmann - Missing

Virgin Islands National Park Media Release

Release Date: September 27, 2019

SPECIALIZED TEAMS AND VOLUNTEERS CONTINUE THE SEARCH FOR LUCY SCHUHMANN

ST. JOHN, US VIRGIN ISLANDS—Virgin Islands National Park staff continues their search on Friday morning for Lucy Schuhmann, 48, of Kentucky. The NPS has received an outpouring of support from across the country for their efforts to search for Lucy. The Virgin Islands Delegate to Congress, Stacey Plaskett, wished to “thank the local government and law enforcement, volunteers and especially the National Park Service who continue to make finding Lucy Schuhmann a priority.” She went on to say “I’m grateful for the diligence and care that our National Parks team on St. John have demonstrated. Our office will continue to support the team and are praying for Lucy and her family.”

Local park staff are being assisted by technical climbing experts from other NPS units. Island volunteers were deployed this morning with NPS staff and St. John Rescue to continue searching the trails and roadsides on the south shore of St. John island.

Safety, preparation and deploying technically trained staff are at the forefront of park leadership. Park Superintendent Nigel Fields shared at the morning briefing today, that Lucy’s family wanted the team to know that Lucy’s first priority would be for the safety of the persons who are looking for her.

Lucy was reported missing on Thursday, September 19, 2019, by the proprietor of the vacation rental where she was staying in Coral Bay on St. John. Park staff are in close contact and assisting the family of Ms. Schuhmann, who request privacy at this time.

The Park Service asks that the public refrain from visiting the Salt Pond area while the search is ongoing.

Individuals with information that they believe may assist in the search are encouraged to call 866.995.8467, option 2. The NPS Investigative Services Branch joined the investigation and published a missing person sheet online (Search underway for missing woman in Virgin Islands National Park - Investigative Services (U.S. National Park Service)). The park will provide regular updates via media releases and social media.

Thank you to all who have assisted in the investigation and search for Lucy Schuhmann over the past eight days.

Contact Thomas Kelley at 340-690-2440 should you have any questions.

Have the locals been in contact with Thomas. Kelly and the authorities regarding her odd behavior leading up to the day she went missing? Traveling to the island and not revealing to anyone she knew that she was there as well as her being disappointed with herself, ect.? I would hope they would know these important details if they are in fact true and could possibly help them with search efforts?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back