Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they said yesterday (presser?) that there was no evidence of a SA, which is different than saying there wasn't one. I could be misremembering . . .

I don't remember what they said. I wouldn't expect them to have much physical evidence of an assault, yet. I doubt all their forensic testing is complete. But I am possitive they have a belief of what happened. We just don't know what they think happened.

I personally think it was the motivation. Nothing else fits, IMO. I HOPE that it wasn't.

"No evidence" is not the same think as no assault. I agree

I think his entire criminal history was a “hint.”

His family probably never imagined he was capable of something like this, let alone capable of doing something like this to his own niece.
Yup his rap sheet reads just like you’d expect.

Not a guy you want around your children. Not a guy you want around. I feel badly for his sister. She was still giving him a chance. He complains about how badly his family treats him all while harming the person that was reached out to him.

A few observations from that arrest affidavit:

That Rapid DNA technology is amazing. It allowed them to forensically link Alex to his victim, and led to extremely fast murder charges.

What’s up with all these murder suspects using “the blackout defense?” It’s such a transparent cop-out.

I thought this guy was sloppy; I gave him way too much credit in that regard.

He makes OJ Simpson look like a criminal mastermind.

He couldn’t even wash his hands?

Nicole Neuman‏ @NicoleNeumanTV 17m17 minutes ago
Stuffed animals on the doorstep of Elizabeth Shelley’s home as we learn her uncle 21-year-old Alex Whipple has been charged with aggravated murder in her disappearance.
D7wckdRWwAAOOJl.jpg

Interesting that Alexander Whipple is 21 years old, I don't know when his birthday is, but he probably won't be in Utah State prison until he is 22 years old.

If he was covered under an IEP, for students with disabilities in high school, he still has eligibility for education services until age 22. I actually taught Special Education in prison for several years.
That's only if he didn't graduate with a high school diploma, though. I'm not sure if he graduated or not. I guess if he didn't get a diploma he could still be eligible but I don't think he really cares one way or another about furthering his education. Imo

It was discussed on here last night. A reporter asked the question about it being investigated as a sex crime. The response was no.

People have theories about it being because the body hasn't been found. I think if they didn't know or hadn't confirmed, they should have answered it as such. No sounds like, well, no.

I'm sorry, I recall that being discussed too, but then I thought someone posted a transcript of the press release and that question wasn't in the transcript? If that Q/A was in the presser, does anyone have the timestamp for it or a transcript showing it?

I don't remember what they said. I wouldn't expect them to have much physical evidence of an assault, yet. I doubt all their forensic testing is complete. But I am possitive they have a belief of what happened. We just don't know what they think happened.

I personally think it was the motivation. Nothing else fits, IMO. I HOPE that it wasn't.

"No evidence" is not the same think as no assault. I agree

Reeading about it at the time, I believe they couldn't say there was a SA without having a body. Even if they had evidence of semen, etc.
That's only if he didn't graduate with a high school diploma, though. I'm not sure if he graduated or not. I guess if he didn't get a diploma he could still be eligible but I don't think he really cares one way or another about furthering his education. Imo

I believe he got his GED. So much info that I can't remember where I read it. Anyone else remember that?

Edited because I posted without finishing a comment

Just finished reading the probable cause document, kind of wishing I hadn’t.

One of many things that stuck out to me was that the initial 911 call came in at 10:02 but LE didn’t arrive until 11:30? Seems like a very long time to me especially considering it’s a missing child, but I’m not an expert. Does this seem odd to anyone else?

Yes.

We'll see, but I'm not convinced he cared about being caught. And, though still not all that much information to go by, I'm not so sure he'd care about the death penalty.

In the PCS, it's stated that the sister says she invited AW over. Whether AW was fishing for an invitation is an open question.

There was a pattern of trouble, he made statements on FB (whether honest or not) claiming to have some emotional issues, he was directed to treatment programs & counseling, and in his witness interview he talked about how his family has mistreated him. The combination of these things, along with SM activity that is not permitted to be discussed here, has had me thinking for awhile now that this might have been some sort of act of revenge for what he deems in his own corrupted head* to be some wrong that his family or someone in his family inflicted on him. And by some wrong - it may not have been a single particular event, but a pattern over time, or even just a difference in the circumstances of his life from those of others in his family. If this is the case, I would think it's one or more of three family members--again, in his own corrupted mind*--who he was targeting with this act of revenge--his mom, his sister, and his niece, with the latter being the least likely, but still conceivable (because, for example, in his twisted mind she stole away his sister's and mother's attention from him).

All just brainstorming/speculating out-loud. I don't necessarily think this is the most likely motivation, just a possibility given the limited information so far. Of course there is so much more that we don't know.

DISCLAIMER - I'm in no way intending to blame anyone in AW's family for what he apparently did. Just brainstorming/speculating about the twisted-ness that might have been going on in AW's head.
I agree. It looks like revenge on the family.

It was discussed on here last night. A reporter asked the question about it being investigated as a sex crime. The response was no.

People have theories about it being because the body hasn't been found. I think if they didn't know or hadn't confirmed, they should have answered it as such. No sounds like, well, no.

I think taking "no" an an final answer is naive. LE never gives all their information, inklings, investigative direction, etc. So often, no means I'm not going to let talking about that be an option right now.

Now, I hope with everything that is is not. I think we all do. Obviously, there is the possibility that is wasn't. But they would not be any kind of quality LE agency, if they did not investigate a sexual motive to a child kidnapping and murder. IMO, there is zero chance they aren't investigating the possibility.

And he was homeless, so he is familiar with those streets and neighborhood.

He likely knows who has been on vacation, who keeps their property locked, who uses their shed or detached garage.

He probably has various go to places he found to take cover and crash at night when need be.

That is probably where the crime took place.

MOO

I thought they said yesterday (presser?) that there was no evidence of a SA, which is different than saying there wasn't one. I could be misremembering . . .

In direct response to "is this a sex crime," the chief replied "no" at presser held Tuesday.

I believe it different than whether or not there is evidence of a sexual assault when they were still analyzing evidence. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lookingforheatherarcher