Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m basing my opinion on what his attorney has reported AW’s emotional state to be. I’m not the least bit sympathetic to his condition, but I am taking it into account as to his wanting to avoid a trail.
Really, there was nothing else his attorney could say.
Of course he’s emotional, he wants to go home, like every other time he was arrested, plus he’s possibly in withdrawal, confined to a cell & so forth.
His excuses worked for him before but this time they won’t.
It really is sad to see a judge give someone like Alex chance after chance. Idk why they are compelled to do so.

DP is too good for him, IMO. He'd get off too easy after what he did to that sweet little girl.
Sounds good but I'm not sure. He won't just be put to death. A friend of mine has spent 15+ years on death row in Florida, appeal after appeal taking years and years. He's in isolation most of the time, they get one hour outdoors time a week unless the weather is bad, the food is according to him something he wouldn't even give to his dog. Not allowed TV, just pen and paper, books and a radio, and no privacy whatsoever. Death sentence does not mean poof you're dead. It usually means years and years as described above. In general prison he'd still have his life. jmo...

I am hoping and praying he will follow in Chris Watts and Jake Peterson footsteps by pleading guilty.

He must know what the future holds for him, life in prison. Why put his sister and mother through the factual ugly details of what he did to his niece!

What is his relationship with his sister and mother? Is it strong enough that they can talk to him, shame him, embarrass him, into pleading guilty? Let’s hope so!

Of course he’s emotional, he wants to go home, like every other time he was arrested, plus he’s possibly in withdrawal, confined to a cell & so forth.
It really is sad to see a judge give someone like Alex chance after chance. Idk why they are compelled to do so.
Emph. mine

Ita.
Enough people in LE who dealt with AW from his priors, and possibly some of the foster homes knew what he was capable of.
This was very preventable.

[QUOTE="1&2&3, post: 15105617, member: 78328]

.....What is his relationship with his sister and mother? Is it strong enough that they can talk to him, shame him, embarrass him, into pleading guilty? Let’s hope so![/QUOTE]

The media reports that his mother left him when he was five years old and that he spent much of his life in foster care and some with his grandparents before the mother returned. Just my own opinion but I doubt that she would have much influence. You never know though.

I think Alex & many other young men would reap benefit from 3-5 year prison sentences rather than probation for lesser offenses. 3-5 with mandatory program participation such as substance abuse & anger management. Scare these guys straight when they steal cars, beat their SO, lead LE on high speed chases, etc. don’t slap their hands & send them back on the streets. 3-5 years in state prison might be enough to show a few of them they need to change. 3-5 is not that long, they can get a job skill & learn discipline & respect, two things many lack, imo.
Recidivism rates will not improve if there’s nothing to deter these guys. They go from one crime to the next.
Yeah, I'm not sure how he managed to get out of his original prison sentence.
Someone must have thought he had potential. Maybe the lawyer he has now helped him in that case, also. I wonder if he has any regrets, if so.
Imo

There are many, many families going thru the case of a wayward family member. Some get fed up and kick them to the curb. Yet some just cant quite give up on them. Some are simply manipulated into feeling sorry for them. Nobody could foresee such a nightmare ending.

Exactly. ITA, I may not express it well, but I’ll say again, I am not in the least sympathetic. He is a abomination and a coward who will try to avoid the face to face of his family and the court.

JMO

Edited to change chickens#@*@ to coward

Last edited:
There are many, many families going thru the case of a wayward family member. Some get fed up and kick them to the curb. Yet some just cant quite give up on them. Some are simply manipulated into feeling sorry for them. Nobody could foresee such a nightmare ending.
That's true. I'm not sure how anyone could have predicted this. Most people with mental health disorders or drug addiction are not violent.
Although there were some warning signs and this guy appeared to be a walking time bomb, many times the family's biggest concern is that the person will overdose or somehow end up dead.
It seems like he was given some of the services he needed but as soon as he violated his probation months ago he should have been put in jail. It's almost as if he was asking for it himself, looking at his behavior between the time he relapsed or stopped going to treatment until the murder. Imo

Yeah, I'm not sure how he managed to get out of his original prison sentence.
Someone must have thought he had potential. Maybe the lawyer he has now helped him in that case, also. I wonder if he has any regrets, if so.
Imo

BBM:

Oh, he had potential, all right.

We're all seeing now how he self-actualized that potential.

With PVC pipe, a knife, and a 5-year old little girl.

JMO.

Last edited:
Sounds good but I'm not sure. He won't just be put to death. A friend of mine has spent 15+ years on death row in Florida, appeal after appeal taking years and years. He's in isolation most of the time, they get one hour outdoors time a week unless the weather is bad, the food is according to him something he wouldn't even give to his dog. Not allowed TV, just pen and paper, books and a radio, and no privacy whatsoever. Death sentence does not mean poof you're dead. It usually means years and years as described above. In general prison he'd still have his life. jmo...

The DP is not a possibility.
On page 2 or three, I posted some UT doc info. Sounds like he’ll be a class 2, with 21 hours in his cell daily. That will give him a lot of time to adjust & enjoy walks from his toilet to the door.

We dont know how often Sister/Family saw him. Did they even know he had quit his job and was couch surfing. Did the Sister even know? Did she just learn of it that fateful night and was simply trying to help? So much we don't know.

^^^partly this.

^^^ This poster also has a valid point.
Talk about the elephant in the room.

Given his history, it was unwise to allow him to stay for the night.
It sounds like he couch surfed all over with the family, and was allowed to come and go as he pleased.
This might work if you don't have children, but if you do -- be very watchful about whom you allow to sleep at your house. Even if they're relatives, which is a sad truth.
I'm sure the mom is kicking herself as it is !!

Also feeling sad for Lizzie's bio-dad. He hasn't been allowed to see Lizzie since she was 9 months old ! And now she's lost forever to him. :(
The fact that he still extended an olive branch of compassion to Jessica speaks volumes.

I couldn´t agree more.
Such a sad, heartbreaking story. Poor little sweetie, RIP.:(

Pathology rarely appears just in one member, it is more of a transgenerational thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d2xresearcher