Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t write my response to the new charges on this site.

But I literally yelled out a few
four letter words. I knew it. But it’s different when you see it in writing. I hope she was unconscious. I told my son the other day that I think angels come to protect the most innocent little humans when they need it to spare them from experiencing pure evil. And then they go with the angels to heaven. That’s what I believe because it gets me through these moments.
I believe that too. Children are the most loved of all. I believe that's why satan hurts them.

This is an interesting question. IMO forgiveness is very much an accomplishment that develops over time, as healing occurs and what was a profound wound eventually becomes a little less raw, a little less acutely devastating, a little less compulsively treated, picked at, or opened up again. It can't be rushed, and I'm not sure it can be achieved intentionally.

JW seems like a kind and thoughtful soul with a giving nature, but I sincerely hope she and her family unit concentrate on their own need to heal and survive this tragedy, instead of getting bound up in attempts at actively forgiving an utterly hideous and irreversible betrayal. Ignoring AW – acting as though he is estranged, even dead – may be the only way for her not to get further sucked into the malevolence and hatred he exudes toward the world at large, and very specifically toward her,her happiness, her family. He is in custody, but IMO he still poses an extreme danger to her emotional and spiritual well-being, to any hope for eventual peace of mind. She must take steps to protect herself and the remaining good in her life – her fiancé and her baby, perhaps her faith and her outlook.

I hope, for her sake, she avoids his court dates and trial. I hope he never sees her again, and can never fix that malevolent, self-satisfied glare on her. His presence is the stuff of nightmares, and he will leech away anything good in her life if she dwells on him or his needs at all.

I also hope that she, and DB, and any others who are suffering profoundly because of the actions of this self-absorbed monster, can get high-quality professional counseling and therapy for as long as they need it. Dealing in a healthy way with the belated realization that you have been the focus of so much toxic, purely destructive ill-will, on top of profound grief, seems to me beyond the capacity of most people trying to work through trauma on their own. IMO she needs every bit of emotional and spiritual support that can be found – and receiving such support, and using it to heal, is perhaps the only way for her to eventually realize moments of forgiveness.

MOO

Great post!

I want the death penalty back!

Grrrrrr:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I want him to live for a very long time in fear every minute of every day for when the moment comes and he is alone and unprotected, and when that moment comes I want him to see Lizzys beautiful face as he closes his eyes and tries to escape the pain visited on him

It's worse than I thought. So much worse.

It's mentioned that he had several cuts on his fingers. I've been bracing myself for the COD. Even Jodi Arias only had one cut on her finger after stabbing Travis 27 times. I think it's going to be a frenzied rage killing. I thought that might save her from SA. I was hoping, even tho they go hand in hand. Alex is even more evil than I could fathom.

I'm praying with all my heart and soul that the family doesn't go to his trial. Don't give him that attention that he's always wanted, that he's felt he's never had. He will LOVE seeing their pain, feeling like it's finally all about him. We euthanize rabid dogs. Why must we keep him alive. I'm so mad he felt he deserved to make a deal for LIP.

It's worse than I thought. So much worse.

It's mentioned that he had several cuts on his fingers. I've been bracing myself for the COD. Even Jodi Arias only had one cut on her finger after stabbing Travis 27 times. I think it's going to be a frenzied rage killing. I thought that might save her from SA. I was hoping, even tho they go hand in hand. Alex is even more evil than I could fathom.

I'm praying with all my heart and soul that the family doesn't go to his trial. Don't give him that attention that he's always wanted, that he's felt he's never had. He will LOVE seeing their pain, feeling like it's finally all about him. We euthanize rabid dogs. Why must we keep him alive. I'm so mad he felt he deserved to make a deal for LIP.

I hope that there is no trial. He should just admit guilt, the sentence is already a done deal. There is no potential option for "Insanity" defense in Utah. There is no "Lizzie died in an "accident" defense.

I believe that his attorney will counsel AW, that further analysis of his crimes in public is not in his best interest.

I hope that there is no trial. He should just admit guilt, the sentence is already a done deal. There is no potential option for "Insanity" defense in Utah. There is no "Lizzie died in an "accident" defense.

I believe that his attorney will counsel AW, that further analysis of his crimes in public is not in his best interest.
I hope so too.

This one hit hard. I read the news yesterday and wish I hadn’t. Wish the death penalty was still on the table. I hope he commits suicide or someone kills him in prison. Let this poor family have complete closure.

I think in his "confession" that we all found the one statement about his sister and her fiance significant--out of place with the rest. We knew then, whether we wanted to or not, or certainly suspected. I think the things found also hinted at it.

Even so, I really wanted to believe otherwise. Comprehending the twisted evil that walks with us in this world is impossible. What also is with all of these 20-somethings recently? JP, AW in this case here, DV in the Maleah case... What is going on that they give themselves the okay to do such horrendous things?

While I would rather he suffer for a lifetime in prison, he is one that deserves the DP. Not meant to start a discussion on that but just to say there is always the fear some nut job will release such offenders some day even decades into the future.

I knew it. We all knew it. We all wish we didn’t know it and it never happened. This has been triggering my PTSD, and that makes me even angrier at disgusting AW. As I said before, I pray that sweet Lizzy was dead and gone before the disgusting atrocities that happened to her. This dude needs to NEVER see his freedom again. jmo

@StarEyes, I just absorbed the bit about your PTSD being triggered. You probably know to do this already, but please take care of yourself in any way you need, and step away if you have to. This case is an absolutely horrific trigger, so it's good that you're aware of what you're feeling and how you're reacting.

I believe Websleuths helps many of us process evil things we've experienced, and more fully understand that abuse and betrayal is never a victim's fault. I know it's the case for myself. Finding such a resource is a great blessing, and it's one of the reasons I thank @Tricia for her vision in creating this site. But each of us also has to recognize our own limits, and be able to pace ourselves when we find ourselves internalizing a case. Everyone, be well.

No trial would be such a blessing. I feel like he's going to squeeze all he can out of it tho if his motive truly was to hurt his family.

I don't have children, but right now I want to go out and protect all the babies.

I knew it. We all knew it. We all wish we didn’t know it and it never happened. This has been triggering my PTSD, and that makes me even angrier at disgusting AW. As I said before, I pray that sweet Lizzy was dead and gone before the disgusting atrocities that happened to her. This dude needs to NEVER see his freedom again. jmo
I’m in the same boat as you, StarEyes....
I’m just now hearing this news of the SA.....you said exactly how I feel...

I think in his "confession" that we all found the one statement about his sister and her fiance significant--out of place with the rest. We knew then, whether we wanted to or not, or certainly suspected. I think the things found also hinted at it.

Even so, I really wanted to believe otherwise. Comprehending the twisted evil that walks with us in this world is impossible. What also is with all of these 20-somethings recently? JP, AW in this case here, DV in the Maleah case... What is going on that they give themselves the okay to do such horrendous things?

While I would rather he suffer for a lifetime in prison, he is one that deserves the DP. Not meant to start a discussion on that but just to say there is always the fear some nut job will release such offenders some day even decades into the future.

BBM
I agree with those who say that the DP is "the easy way out," and I can't fathom why anyone would choose to exist caged up in what must be misery rather than just die peacefully--or at least not in the violent, horrendous way of their victims. IMO, LWPP is worse punishment than death; however, Bundy changed my mind about the DP. (I also do not wish to start a debate about TB or the DP, just referencing the source of my opinion.) Maybe it's because I was a teen in Seattle during the time of TB's murders there, but he scarred me, and, unfortunately, he pops up in my thoughts far more frequently than I'd like. His crime sprees are my frame of reference anytime I think about sick, evil, depraved murderers / necrophiles, such as AW. Because of TB's TWO ESCAPES and resulting crimes, I fear escape more than release by "some nut job;" although both are possible because they have happened before. IMO, if AW ever escaped or somehow was released (maybe accidentally), he would sexually assault, torture, kill and desecrate again. MOO.
Ted Bundy - Wikipedia
"Facing murder charges in Colorado, he [Bundy] engineered two dramatic escapes and committed further assaults, including three murders, before his ultimate recapture in Florida in 1978."

I mean, yes, many of us suspected, and there's a reason for it. Without the SA, what possible motive would you have to harm a child, right? A child you're related to, no less. So the reason we suspected it is because it makes sense, in the context of the crime. It makes the crime make sense. It frames the crime into something we understand a little bit more. It's still a senseless crime. We're still angry. Like nearly every case here, the victim didn't deserve it, and there just isn't enough justice in the world to cover every case on WS.

BBM
I agree with those who say that the DP is "the easy way out," and I can't fathom why anyone would choose to exist caged up in what must be misery rather than just die peacefully--or at least not in the violent, horrendous way of their victims. IMO, LWPP is worse punishment than death; however, Bundy changed my mind about the DP. (I also do not wish to start a debate about TB or the DP, just referencing the source of my opinion.) Maybe it's because I was a teen in Seattle during the time of TB's murders there, but he scarred me, and, unfortunately, he pops up in my thoughts far more frequently than I'd like. His crime sprees are my frame of reference anytime I think about sick, evil, depraved murderers / necrophiles, such as AW. Because of TB's TWO ESCAPES and resulting crimes, I fear escape more than release by "some nut job;" although both are possible because they have happened before. IMO, if AW ever escaped or somehow was released (maybe accidentally), he would sexually assault, torture, kill and desecrate again. MOO.
Ted Bundy - Wikipedia
"Facing murder charges in Colorado, he [Bundy] engineered two dramatic escapes and committed further assaults, including three murders, before his ultimate recapture in Florida in 1978."

I also do not want to get into the subject of the D P so I will just say that I thought of escape as well, as you mentioned with TB. I think in some ways a victim (who is alive) may rest easier when they know escape nor release can happen and the prisoner executed. It may be a terrible thing to say but I am sure many in the US breathed a sigh of relief when Dahmer was killed in prison just due to the knowledge of his depraved atrocious crimes.

The fear as you state of TB and others is a real thing, and not even just for the victims, albeit 100 times worse for them. TB was a scary depraved wolf disguised as a sheep. The fear of AW would be the same were he to escape or be released even if sentenced to LWOP, which he will be I have little doubt.

Releases have happened as have escapes. I agree AW would absolutely do this again if he got out, to do this at 21 to a child, a relative no less, makes me sure of it.

I think of JP in the JC case. While it has to bring some ease he is behind bars for life, the fact remains he is alive and kicking and I imagine one would always be aware of that on some level.

I guess it is all a moot point here because they took the DP off of the table in exchange for her location.

Edited to fix typo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members