GUILTY UT - Breezy Otteson, 17, & Riley Powell, 18, found deceased, Tooele, 30 Dec 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The obituaries are easy to find. Didn’t want to link due to family members names listed.

For new member who may not know, and as a reminder to our long term members:

Under Websleuths Social Media rules (found here), members are not allowed to sleuth, link to, or discuss the social media accounts of friends or family. Doing so results in your post being removed.

Please post accordingly.

:tyou:

This is a shocking sick case. These two seemed to have it together and appear happy. It is even more sad when you find out what Breezy had already been through with losing her mom. She may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time, visiting her bf's family. I can not fathom how a mother, whether she raised her son or not, who carried her baby for nine months, could help cover up (if not completely involved) the murder of her young son who had his whole life ahead of him. Was she jealous she wasted her whole life and they had a future? I don't know what caused this eruption. Mom's boyfriend looks like such a hot head no good . I am just so angry at them!

There will be another volunteer search centered on the Eureka / Mammoth area tomorrow (Saturday).

I honestly thought, good or bad, they would have been found by now.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I wonder if they were tossed into a mineshaft (post-mortem). Poor kids. Just kids! :(

Nothing new to report on the searches today. The areas around a few photos that had been posted to biomother's FB feed were thoroughly searched. The volunteer searchers are heroes; they have experienced spelunkers searching some of the abandoned mineshafts to rule them out. Photos and video are posted to the official search page.

Another volunteer search will be held next weekend.

The weather here in Utah over the last couple of days has been extremely cold and snowy. I think it will be difficult to find these two for the foreseeable future. Prayers for those that honestly care and are worried about Breezy and Riley.

Searching for Breezy and Riley: Nearly two months after the young couple disappeared in Utah’s West Desert, family and friends just want answers | Salt Lake Tribune
By Paighten Harkins

There's a little more background on the two teens in the article.

Riley and Breezy grew up with their share of hardship. Riley and his two sisters were taken away from Carlson soon after he was born because, as Powell, his adoptive father, puts it, she and others “wouldn’t stop their drugs and their drinking.”

Riley later spent some time at a boys’ home in Provo and eventually dropped out of school. He recently started working as a plumber.

Shena Draper, who has been Riley’s confidante, as well as the mother “he wished he had,” said Riley grew up with the deck stacked against him.

“He was such a good kid,” said Draper, who lives in Eureka. “I mean, he was a sh--, but I want everyone to know he had the biggest heart in the world.”

Breezy Otteson and her sisters moved in with their grandpa in 2012 after their mother, Nannette Hamby, was killed in a car crash while their father was in jail, Otteson’s older sister, Kylysta, said.

Soon after their mom died, Kylysta Otteson said her sister started distancing herself from the family.

“She didn’t want to listen to parents,” she said. “Nothing. She would be like, ’Hi, I can’t be told what to do with parents.’ That’s just how she was.”

Otteson described Breezy as persistent and strong. She’s independent, too, her sister said, adding: “You try to help her, and she gets mad.”

In August, Breezy moved in with her dad, Kenny Otteson, after a fight with her grandfather. And about a week later, she moved in with Riley and his dad in Eureka.

All the theories revolve around Lee Shepherd.

Draper and her son, Kyle, told The Tribune they think something happened to Breezy, and Riley stepped in to protect her.

Breezy’s older sister believes Riley “agreed to do something” for someone and now “it’s kind of screwing them both over.”

Whatever happened to them, [Riley's adoptive father] Powell said that’s the least of his concern.

“Reality is reality, you know?” he said. “We’ve just got to find the kids, and get that taken care of, and we can worry about the rest of that later.”

No other updates. :tears:

Volunteers plunge thousands of feet into mine shafts looking for missing Tooele teens

Volunteers have been lowering themselves 1,100 to 1,200 feet into mineshafts to try to locate the bodies of teens who are believed to be dead. Several of the shafts connect to a series of other mines that are filled with trash and debris making the search difficult.

http://kutv.com/news/local/voluntee...et-into-mine-shafts-looking-for-missing-teens

:bump:
I keep hoping something will break to point searchers in the right direction.

So do I. I also hope they find others while they are looking for these two.
The theory that something happened to Breezy and Riley stepped in to protect her has crossed my mind.

I am extremely relieved to see that the abandoned cabin that is Mistie's cover photo on facebook was searched. Though it still bothers me and I kind of wish they'd gone under it as well... if nothing was disturbed then I'm sure it's nothing.

That's been bothering me the whole time though.
Who in the hell makes that their cover photo when their child is missing? :tantrum:
Then who doesn't CHANGE it? I hope LE has something... I want to see these 2 in cuffs. I do NOT want another Susan Powell where they are never found and nobody punished.

https://www.facebook.com/SearchingForBreezyandRiley/posts/1876361182654637

Let’s bring them all home. 💚

The volunteer search effort resumes tomorrow.

Such a rough life for them both, and, when they find each other and have some happiness, THIS. It makes me so mad.

Crime Watch Daily and K9 Scent Evidence joined the search for Breezy & Riley:

Searching for Breezy and Riley said:
The last two days Bill, Debbie, and Amanda have been with a team from Crime Watch Daily, K9 Scent Evidence, and the detectives on Breezy and Riley’s case searching for the missing teens.The team from K9 Scent Evidence travelled from Tennessee and Florida with their search dogs to provide support in the search for the kids!
We will provide an update when the episode is planned to air!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akwy
Back