GUILTY UT - Breezy Otteson, 17, & Riley Powell, 18, found deceased, Tooele, 30 Dec 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
dogs are not fool proof. We just saw in Blaze Bernstein's case - cadaver dogs were used and didn't find him, though he was right there. It happens. The dogs are a tool but are not foolproof.

That said, I am not sure they were in the Jeep at that location. Hoping for an update soon.

That’s a good point, especially when you factor in weather and how long it took to find the Jeep. With that being said, the police, who are familiar with the K9 process, feel like it’s reliable enough to publicly announce foul play.

IMO, the location and the Jeep was staged to look like the kids got stranded and then got lost in the desert. It may be what LE is alluding to. Also IMO, anyone who would bother to go that far to hide their crime, and do some staging, is known to the victims, and has a vested interest in pointing the crime away from themselves. I'll go one further, and guess that they also gave family or LE information that said the victims liked to 4 wheel out in the desert. IMO, a random perp, committing a random crime, isn't going to worry too much, since much isn't going to lead back to him anyways.

I can't bring it here, but if you google and poke around social media, you will glean some interesting info. Again, can't bring it here.

Praying that these two kids are found and brought home to their loved ones.

JMO, IMO, MOO

Forgot to mention, I currently live in Slc. Lived in Tooele for 13 years, and my kids went to school there. I also spent a bit of time out in the West Desert.

The phrase 'foul play' is a curious one. Was there any incriminating evidence found in the vehicle? Maybe at this point in the investigation all details can't be disclosed publicly.

It seems as if this case has a whole lot of attention now. Hopefully the reason for their disapearance will be discovered eventually WITHOUT foul play. I'm sensing neither of these two would unexpectedly go on a roadtrip with friends, and even then, how they would manage to survive with no trace..

I'm hopeful that they will be found eventually and their family and friends will have peace.

bumpity bump back up you go... nothing new. Just expectations of "foul play"...

How would they determine that these kids didn’t write the message?
I don’t understand how that could even be determined?
I think it seems likely now that it was someone looking to make it look accidental. Park the jeep, write the message.
I’m just wondering HOW they knew it wasn’t these kids who wrote it?

I think it seems likely now that it was someone looking to make it look accidental. Park the jeep, write the message.
Maybe someone else came forward as the writer.

Maybe the tracks near the writing are the wrong size shoes? Only one set of footprints walking away? Perhaps evidence of another vehicle stopping nearby?

Maybe, I just wish they would say WHY they are so sure. It seems overly confident to me. I think they are correct now, but when they first said it I was not so sure.

Does anyone know the location of where the jeep was discovered? I know the reports indicated it was one mile south of Cherry Creek Reservoir, on an off-road area. But can we pinpoint where? Anyone with interest in discussing the case, feel free to contact me personally here, or @ d20.bessire@gmail.cm

The closest I've come from various reports is 39.8353, -112.36361. Approximately 1/4 mile west of Cherry Creek Reservoir Rd. and one mile south of Cherry Creek Reservoir. I'd also like to know if anyone has more precise information.

I was doing a map at one point, back when they thought they went missing en route to Eureka from Tooele.

I've talked with a couple other Sleuths and really getting into the comments of the active community members on their FB page and the resounding consensus seems to be that a lot of answers will be found in Eureka, where the two are from, amidst their social circle. Another Sleuth seems to think that there may have been another romantic party involved from prior FB posts (no substantiating evidence, clearly speculation) or that involvement with drugs could have been a factor. Either way, I am looking for other info gatherers in the Wasatch front area to assist me in gathering data and coming up with some theories. I used to be a Private Investigator, before doing corporate insurance claims and I live 2 hours north of the Eureka/Cherry Creek Res. area - I am interested in doing some investigating of my own. Something about this case has caused a pit in my stomach ever since they discovered the jeep initially. Now, with the news of the mines being a possible outcome it concerns me that there could be something bigger going on here. Anyway...if someone is up for it... let's sift through some chaos and discuss some actionable steps to do what we can?

How much gas was in the tank and where did they last stop to purchase gas? Maybe they picked someone up from a gas station. If they did fill up, is there video?

How much gas was in the tank and where did they last stop to purchase gas? Maybe they picked someone up from a gas station. If they did fill up, is there video?

The gas tank information hasn't been released by LE. They were confirmed to be seen in Eureka before disappearing (though it's not clear by whom), so a search could be limited at the outset to Eureka-area gas stations.

Today is Breezy's 18th birthday. Her family is having a balloon release today in Tooele City Park in her honor.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Breezy.jpg
    Breezy.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 834
Maybe, I just wish they would say WHY they are so sure. It seems overly confident to me. I think they are correct now, but when they first said it I was not so sure.

My understanding is that there were two messages. One was in the snow and well north of where the Jeep was eventually located — 40 miles or so. LE ruled that out and implied it was done as a malicious prank, but never publicly released why they came to that conclusion.

The other message was written in dirt and linked here. The official FB page admin was adamant from the start that it wasn’t B/R but the main explanation — that it was in the opposite direction that they would have been walking if they were trying to make it back to Eureka — seemed off to me, because the location didn’t seem to match that explanation.

MOO: I think the people involved in the search who saw the Jeep ruled it out based on what they saw /learned at the Jeep’s location. I suspect they believed at that point this was foul play although LE had not yet confirmed that. Of course, that would seem to mean that someone may have scratched out the message deliberately to confuse the investigation vs the message being another “malicious prank” — or even B/R being forced to write it.

I am inclined to believe they know the message wasn't from them because they believe the Jeep was planted and they were incapacitated already. Perhaps there was an indication or evidence of that in the Jeep.
I hadn't thought of that, but it makes the most sense now that Laura said it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enni007
Back