GUILTY UT - Breezy Otteson, 17, & Riley Powell, 18, found deceased, Tooele, 30 Dec 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess I always assumed they knew the message wasn't written by them because the handwriting didn't match either of them.

I wish msm would publish the search warrant. The couple made it back to Eureka. And a drug deal gone bad theory is being investigated.

Warrants reveal new evidence in case of two missing Utah teens
http://kutv.com/news/local/warrants-reveal-new-evidence-in-case-of-two-missing-teens

No kidding. They're unsealed but apparently not available online. :mad:

The info on them being in Eureka on the 30th has been out there for a while. Unfortunately, it came out after they had several searches concentrating much further north.

I guess I always assumed they knew the message wasn't written by them because the handwriting didn't match either of them.

That would be a very surprising determination. Handwriting in sand would not match handwriting on paper, at all. Just like when we have to sign our name with our finger it doesn't match when we sign it with a pen. If that's why they ruled it out they are not great detectives.

A brilliant websleuther has shared the unsealed search warrant for Riley's vehicle. It can be downloaded here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/knmkyahinqyg3l4/UNSEALED WARRANT REGARDING OTTESON POWELL 1.pdf

@CharlesBancroft, the warrant includes the GPS coordinates for the located vehicle.

Excellent. And good work!. I see the warrant mentioned testing for bodily fluids inside the vehicles. Criminals who get their know-how from watching crime scenes sometimes think that time or elements or a thorough clean will keep the bodily fluids (in most cases blood) from showing up. Wrong. The luminol reagent (3-aminophthalhydrazide) has been shown to be effective in detecting blood on various surfaces following exposure to precipitation, water flow (Waldoch TL. Chemical Detection of Blood After Dilution by Rain Over a 72 Day Period. J Forensic Ident. 1996;46(2):173- 177), and efforts of cleanup with various chemical cleaning agents The effectiveness of luminol has been tested in study on various washed surfaces inside motor vehicles. An observation of note in the study was the conversion of hemoglobin to methemoglobin after exposure to increased heat in the vehicle following blood staining. This conversion produced an increased (enhanced) sensitivity of the luminol reaction (source: Quickenden TI, Ennis CP, Creamer JI. The forensic use of luminol chemiluminescence to detect traces of blood inside motor vehicles. Luminescence. 2004;19:271-277.)

I guess we need to worry about Mommy's boyfriend (maybe Mom too) with teens and adults too? WTH? Hopefully he or they will tell them where to find Riley and Breezy. :gaah:

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46253951&n...earch-property-of-missing-eureka-teens-mother

A witness reported to investigators that a truck was spotted pulling a Jeep like "the one Riley is always driving" on Jan. 2 in the Lofgreen area, located off state Route 36 between Vernon and Eureka. The truck matched the description of a vehicle driven by the boyfriend of Powell's mother, the warrant states.

On Jan. 15, Tooele County sheriff's deputies and deputies from the Sanpete/Juab Major Crimes Task Force went to the property where Powell's mother lives with her boyfriend, Riley Powell's grandmother and the grandmother's boyfriend, the warrant states.

A camouflage tie down strap, identical to the one found in Powell's Jeep, was seized, according to the affidavit.

"Based on the above facts, it is suspected that the blue Chevy truck described above was used to transport, conceal, hide and plant the victims' vehicle in Cherry Creek at the location it was discovered, to give the illusion that the victims were indeed stranded," investigators wrote in the warrant.

Three of the residents, including Powell's mother and grandmother, willingly went to the Tooele County Sheriff's Office to be interviewed. The boyfriend of the mother did not, the warrant states.

Police say the three people who were interviewed had different accounts about where Powell's mother and her boyfriend were on New Year's Eve. She claimed she was at her residence. Two others said she was not, the affidavit says.

I guess we need to worry about Mommy's boyfriend (maybe Mom too) with teens and adults too? WTH? Hopefully he or they will tell them where to find Riley and Breezy. :gaah:

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46253951&n...ureka-[/B][/QUOTE] Oh my! That is so sad!

WOW, so glad to see this movement. Early on there were reports that Breezy and Riley had spent New Year's Eve in Lofgren at a party with Riley's mother and it was one reason why the early searches were concentrated further north. Later, Breezy's aunt said the reports of them there (and one supposed sighting of them in SLC) were confirmed to not be true. I wonder if Ma and Grandma Powell were the ones who said he wasn't there.

Sounds like Misty is in on whatever happened and chose her side piece over her son and Breezy. Do you think these were some sort of signal saying both bodies were disposed?

1 letter addressed to Mistie Maree Carlson from "Thorne" with address in west valley,post marked 01/11/2018 out of Provo containing two blank pieces of paper.
1 letter addressed to Mistie Maree Carlson from "Crowther" with address in SLC, postmarked 01/11/2018 out of Provo containing two blank pieces of paper.

After reading the details of how the tires on Riley's jeeps were punctured, I want to go back and watch a video interview above from right after the jeep was located. The way the Sheriff (Juab Co?) talked about it screamed "this is completely fishy" even though the official line was still 'no foul play suspected.' Good on LE, I hope they nail "Clubby," Mistee Maree, Linda 'don't call her Grandma' Powell and Lee to the wall with rusty spikes. If they're guilty, JMO MOO etc

WOW, so glad to see this movement. Early on there were reports that Breezy and Riley had spent New Year's Eve in Lofgren at a party with Riley's mother and it was one reason why the early searches were concentrated further north. Later, Breezy's aunt said the reports of them there (and one supposed sighting of them in SLC) were confirmed to not be true. I wonder if Ma and Grandma Powell were the ones who said he wasn't there.

Sounds like Misty is in on whatever happened and chose her side piece over her son and Breezy. Do you think these were some sort of signal saying both bodies were disposed?

After reading the details of how the tires on Riley's jeeps were punctured, I want to go back and watch a video interview above from right after the jeep was located. The way the Sheriff (Juab Co?) talked about it screamed "this is completely fishy" even though the official line was still 'no foul play suspected.' Good on LE, I hope they nail "Clubby," Mistee Maree, Linda 'don't call her Grandma' Powell and Lee to the wall with rusty spikes. If they're guilty, JMO MOO etc

Yes! The letters! Something about them creeped me out. I am so angry right now. Riley and Breezy were just kids.

I live an hour from this town... I am so sick to my stomach. How!? Why!? Parents are supposed to protect their children!! This is beyond what I can comprehend. Evil exists in this world... No doubt about it if there ever was one.

On the FB page, Breezy’s aunt posted two hours ago the following message and a few photos:

Today the family met with the detectives investigating Breezy and Riley's disappearance.We met with them in Nephi at the Juab County Sheriff's Office.

In this meeting the detectives discussed with us what information they could, keeping the interest of the investigation in mind.

We received new information in regards to the last known dates they were seen. They were last seen on the night of December 29th, 2017 leaving Tooele and arriving in Eureka that night.

The detectives are continuing to work on the strong leads they have and we feel they are getting closer to the answers we need.

Three of the photos look like Riley’s Jeep with the puncture on one tire circled and fingerprint dusting visible.

Also clarified is that Misty, the bio mother of Riley and two younger siblings, surrendered her parental rights when the third child was born. Bill and Linda Powell adopted them.

So was Riley living with her? I don't understand. She gave up her rights why couldn't she just leave him alone! Man so there are still parents of his to be heartbroken. It just doesn't end.

The desecration of a body has me concerned about what they might have found.

http://kutv.com/news/local/newly-released-evidence-points-to-homicide-of-missing-tooele-teens

Investigators searched the home and property of the mother of missing Utah teen Riley Powell last month, according to a search warrant released Monday.

The warrant also contains new revelations about the investigation into the disappearance of Powell and his girlfriend, Breezy Otteson.

And they believe the evidence found was used to commit homicide, the desecration of a body and obstruction of justice.

Because we have the search warrant completely view able via http://kutv.com/news/local/newly-released-evidence-points-to-homicide-of-missing-tooele-teens , are Breezy's mother and mother's boyfriend now able to be sleuthed?

Good question. If we are to believe LE, that this is just one of many investigative avenues they've gone down. Then why only release the ones pertaining to mom, boyfriend, grandma, and her boyfriend? Also, IMO, LE has a lot of influence on whether a search warrant gets released. And it almost never happens in a case this new and active. IMO, LE is putting the pressure on named person's and calling them out on their lies about New Years Eve.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enni007
Back