GUILTY UT - Breezy Otteson, 17, & Riley Powell, 18, found deceased, Tooele, 30 Dec 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am totally in agreement with the idea of closing all of the mine shafts.
Just PLEASE search them FIRST to make sure there are no other bodies.
I was so hoping Susan would be found during the search for Breezy and Riley.
I was hoping that would find Susan too.[emoji20]

A good read....

https://heavy.com/news/2018/03/riley-powell-breezy-otteson-murdered-suspects-family-utah/

Riley Powell & Brelynne ‘Breezy’ Otteson: Family Speaks Out on Justice System ‘Failing’ Them

.....Most recently, Baum was arrested January 30 on a firearms charge and booked into Juab County Jail. He was then transferred to the Utah County Jail on March 28, which is when he became the prime suspect regarding the disappearance of Riley and Brelynne....

The aunt and sister would also like to emphasize that they do not agree with those who previously speculated about family members being involved with the teen’s alleged slayings....

“Some family members may have not made the best choices in life, and they were not normal people, living a life involved with drugs and alcohol,” Hunt told Heavy. “But they do not deserve the witch hunt or ridicule that has been bestowed upon them. I feel so much empathy for the family in that sense, nobody deserves that. We have to keep a neutral mind because we don’t know the facts, and unless they are facts that can be corroborated, we just don’t know. And now of course we are finding out more, and will continue to.”

....much more at link

Utah is a death penalty state. JB is pure evil and he doesn’t deserve to live.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.heraldextra.com/news/lo...cle_6b6cc425-cf44-5693-8bd4-6391c4e84431.html

Hunt and Powell thanked the investigators and community members who helped find the two teens. Powell explained they’d searched many of the more than 45 mines in the community, and the Tintic Standard No. 2 mine, where the bodies were found, was on their list to check, but they were still in the process of acquiring tools to do so. The bodies were found about 100 feet down in the mine.

Unbelievable!!! Also mentions Henderson and Riley having a romantic history .

[FONT=&quot]Riley’s sister recalled Baum and Henderson running into her in Eureka. She said it was after Riley and Breezy went missing.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“(Henderson) says I’m sorry about your brother and I hope you guys find him and gives me a hug,” Powell said.

And

“When Jerrod came over to pick her up he told me the same thing you know, ‘I hope you find your brother,’” said Powell. “He acted like nothing you know. I don’t know how anyone can do that.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Riley’s sister recalled Baum and Henderson running into her in Eureka. She said it was after Riley and Breezy went missing.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“(Henderson) says I’m sorry about your brother and I hope you guys find him and gives me a hug,” Powell said.

And

“When Jerrod came over to pick her up he told me the same thing you know, ‘I hope you find your brother,’” said Powell. “He acted like nothing you know. I don’t know how anyone can do that.”[/FONT]

Where does it say that she and Riley were involved romantically??

If that is true I would have to wonder what in the world she was doing messing around with a teenager; she’s 34!!! Ugh poor kids!

[FONT=&quot]Riley’s sister recalled Baum and Henderson running into her in Eureka. She said it was after Riley and Breezy went missing.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“(Henderson) says I’m sorry about your brother and I hope you guys find him and gives me a hug,” Powell said.

And

That came from this link. http://www.good4utah.com/news/riley-powells-sister-calls-suspected-killer-callous/1090039021

She said Henderson was actually dating Riley’s best friend before he died in a car crash. After that, she said Riley and Morgan began seeing each other. “My brother and her started having a thing you know and after Jerrod got out of prison, she got with Jerrod and wow,” Nikka Powell said.

“They owe me an apology,” Linda Powell said. “They’ve ruined us all the way around.”

She said one of the witnesses who fingered her family to police, owns the property where she rents and wants them gone.

...more at link

Where does it say that she and Riley were involved romantically??

If that is true I would have to wonder what in the world she was doing messing around with a teenager; she’s 34!!! Ugh poor kids!

I forgot the link. Sorry about that.

This case is so horribly and sad. So many people hurt, for nothing!!

For the second time this morning, wtf is wrong with people.

I forgot the link. Sorry about that.

:grouphug: understandably sometimes you just post stuff and forget the link, I got you about to post later so we are all good. Thank you so much for posting that as it did not come up in any of my Google searches! So strange that I had the key words correct, but it did not come up unless I did the second quote and Google. Thank you very much.

I will extend my apologies to the direct family, as I know many thought because of the releases by the police of the search warrants that directed at the family were incorrect. That is tragic in of itself.

The aunt's declaration to me is On Target.

The aunt in my opinion, has been a wonderful wonderful person in this case.

She has her head on straight and did everything exactly correctly in my opinion from getting it out there through social media to get msm, involved,, to giving the benefit of the doubt to the family that was being pointed at originally.

She is a saint.

Imho.

The negative information in the family is out there now, it will not come back, but it had nothing to do with the murders.

The negative information in the family is out there now, it will not come back, but it had nothing to do with the murders.

RSBM

I hope this has taught everyone a lesson when discussing future cases.

I'm happy they were found and can be put to rest but what an awful ending to this story. RIP.

Man accused of killing teens and throwing bodies into abandoned mine shaft to appear in court Tuesday; charges expected; funeral plans announced
https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/04...-to-appear-in-court-tuesday-charges-expected/
A man accused of killing two teens and dumping their bodies into an abandoned mine shaft is scheduled to appear in Provo’s 4th District Court Tuesday afternoon, when formal charges will likely be filed.
Prior to Jerrod William Baum’s court appearance, the Utah County Attorney’s Office is planning to hold a news conference about the case.

[...]

Meanwhile, a Facebook page run by family members, called Justice for Breezy and Riley, announced two funerals for the two teens.
Services for both Breezy and Riley will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday in Eureka at the Tintic School District, 545 E. Main Street, Eureka, which is next to the high school.
A second service for both teens will be held a week later on April 14 at 11 a.m. in Tooele at a meetinghouse of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 180 S. Coleman Street.

[...]

I knew Morgan many years ago and met some members of her family.

The good news is that her son's father is actually not the husband who died in 2016; he is alive and has had custody for quite awhile. Her son is a sweet, adorable kid and I am hoping that the social media showing him looking happy and well cared for in recent months is accurate.

Morgan has suffered from bipolar for a long, long time (maybe other things too but I don't know). She has a long history of struggling but seems like things got much worse in the last two years, judging by Facebook only. She had a stillborn son at some point with the husband who died in 2016. She had a significant head injury as a teenager and was mentally much different after that BUT her mom definitely had some mental illness too and so does one of her half-sisters who has a different mom so her issues are probably multi-faceted. When I knew her I liked her very much but it was always obvious her life wasn't going to be easy. She was not doing drugs then and I don't think when her son was very young either, so I'm sure that only made things worse.

There are some rumors coming out now that perhaps the recent deaths of her husband, her boyfriend, and her mother were not suicides, accidents, and natural causes as were originally reported. Several former friends have been all over SM talking about how horrible her recent behavior and lying has been.

:(

Baum may face death penalty for killing of 2 Utah teens
http://kutv.com/news/local/baum-may-face-death-penalty-for-death-of-2-utah-teens
(KUTV) Jerrod William Baum could be put to death for his alleged role in the death of two Utah teens who were killed and dumped down a mine shaft.

The Utah County Attorney’s Office shared the charges Tuesday, that includes eight criminal counts including two counts of aggravated murder. Other charges include kidnapping, desecration of a human body, possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person and obstruction of justice.

Documents say that the suspect forced one teen, Breezy Otteson, to watch as he stabbed her boyfriend, Riley Powell, to death before dumping him down a mine shaft. It says Baum then slit her throat.

According to newly released probable cause documents from police, Baum's girlfriend Morgan Henderson was arrested on an unrelated offense and was interviewed by police about the missing teens. During this interview, police said she admitted to police that she knew about the disappearance of Otteson and Powell. She had been previously interviewed by police but this interview led investigators to the two bodies.

[...]

I knew Morgan many years ago and met some members of her family.

The good news is that her son's father is actually not the husband who died in 2016; he is alive and has had custody for quite awhile. Her son is a sweet, adorable kid and I am hoping that the social media showing him looking happy and well cared for in recent months is accurate.

Morgan has suffered from bipolar for a long, long time (maybe other things too but I don't know). She has a long history of struggling but seems like things got much worse in the last two years, judging by Facebook only. She had a stillborn son at some point with the husband who died in 2016. She had a significant head injury as a teenager and was mentally much different after that BUT her mom definitely had some mental illness too and so does one of her half-sisters who has a different mom so her issues are probably multi-faceted. When I knew her I liked her very much but it was always obvious her life wasn't going to be easy. She was not doing drugs then and I don't think when her son was very young either, so I'm sure that only made things worse.

There are some rumors coming out now that perhaps the recent deaths of her husband, her boyfriend, and her mother were not suicides, accidents, and natural causes as were originally reported. Several former friends have been all over SM talking about how horrible her recent behavior and lying has been.

:(

Hmmmm, ok.

Consideration and insights perhaps from this post as to what the defense will fly... most appropriate for the mitigation phase after she is found guilty.

Imho

I don't give a d*mn of her background to consider any excuses why a normal person, or even somebody that has mitigating circumstances, to see somebody tied up in the back of a truck, see them stabbed, see them thrown down a mine shaft.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd
Back