Found Deceased UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, Lucin, Box Elder Co, May 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The family might have seen clues on site by which they quickly suspected JB, but for some reason were insufficient for LE at the time. The family were likely unaware of JB's violent record.

IMO the returned keyfob is significant. The perp(s) could have tried to make it look like Dylan was the last to drive his truck, but initially kept the keyfob.

I have a mental picture of somebody getting home exhausted from disposing of the body and cleaning up, popping a beer and flopping into a chair, and realizing...

oh dang the fob's still in my pocket...

Is it possible the family and people in the community would have quickly suspected JB as the perpetrator? And possibly they feel the Sheriff could have acted far sooner? Could that explain calling for them to step down and also why the locals were notably silent in contributing info?
IMO, no, the family has never been quiet about anything and named CV as a suspect in the first week Dylan was missing. They never said a word about JB.

So, the Montello resident that called CC about the 'kidnapping' story was doing that as an intentional distraction because someone needed the parents, etal, to leave Dylan's property and the key fob could be replaced at Dylan's trailer...

If JR could move any further away during the interview, he'd be sitting on the window ledge. Noticed he became upset when talking about the impact of seeing the sunflowers. This man loves his son unconditionally and deserves to know what happened to him.

Wonder how Box Elder Sheriff feels about this interview.

So, the Montello resident that called CC about the 'kidnapping' story was doing that as an intentional distraction because someone needed the parents, etal, to leave Dylan's property and the key fob could be replaced at Dylan's trailer...

If JR could move any further away during the interview, he'd be sitting on the window ledge. Noticed he became upset when talking about the impact of seeing the sunflowers. This man loves his son unconditionally and deserves to know what happened to him.

Wonder how Box Elder Sheriff feels about this interview.
The name of the Montello resident who insisted that Dylan was kidnapped was revealed early on. It turned out that he got his info from a psychic. He is not considered a suspect.

New EIN interview with Dylan's parents:

This interview on 6/7 with Justin Rounds and Fox News EmilyTencer did me in -- the worry and despair in this father were palatable. His instinct was was spot on.

And together, DR's parents are continuing to live their worst nightmare. Hopeful Utah State Investigators (BCI) can take the lead in this case.

The name of the Montello resident who insisted that Dylan was kidnapped was revealed early on. It turned out that he got his info from a psychic. He is not considered a suspect.

Yes, thank you. No one has been charged with DR's disappearance although we've got our fingers crossed. No, I am unaware of the psychic. Do you have a link for that? TIA

I know his name, where he works and where he lives just as most everyone who follows this case does, I suppose. The guy's a criminal and not yet considered a suspect but he may know more than what he's saying, att. After all, he was close friends with Dylan and had equipment on Dylan's farm. He drained, or assisted in the draining, of the pond for the family.

My statement was simply based on the mother's words from today's interview. To me, CC was saying that the 'kidnapping' story was a manufactured ruse in order to get the family to leave Dylan's property so the key fob could be returned because when the family returned, they noticed the fob had magically appeared inside his trailer.

What I don't know, for certain, is who had possession of the key fob that needed to be placed back inside Dylan's trailer. Wasn't at least one other item returned but not mentioned in today's interview? It makes sense to me that the ruse was conducted by the person who had possession of the missing items.

It is outrageous that someone would fatally harm this hard working young man.

July 2, 2022
At least three people have now been questioned by authorities in the Dylan Rounds missing persons case.
All have criminal records. One was indicted on unrelated charges, the other is in custody on an outstanding warrant and the third remains a free man.
CW told listeners the 19-year-old would sometimes stay at his mobile trailer.

3 people questioned in Dylan Round case, family file cease and desist order against former investigator

My statement was simply based on the mother's words from today's interview. To me, CC was saying that the 'kidnapping' story was a manufactured ruse in order to get the family to leave Dylan's property so the key fob could be returned because when the family returned, they noticed the fob had magically appeared inside his trailer.

What I don't know, for certain, is who had possession of the key fob that needed to be placed back inside Dylan's trailer. Wasn't at least one other item returned but not mentioned in today's interview? It makes sense to me that the ruse was conducted by the person who had possession of the missing items.

Thanks for this. I’m wracking my brain trying to think of why someone would want to risk returning to the property and risk returning a key fob, when it could so easily have been disposed of, being such a small thing.

Maybe I’m really dense but why advantage would this confer to the person returning it? does returning the fob somehow just point toward Dylan running off with someone else? Seems so odd. Thanks for any insight there, as I’m kind of lost on this one.

Thanks for this. I’m wracking my brain trying to think of why someone would want to risk returning to the property and risk returning a key fob, when it could so easily have been disposed of, being such a small thing.

Maybe I’m really dense but why advantage would this confer to the person returning it? does returning the fob somehow just point toward Dylan running off with someone else? Seems so odd. Thanks for any insight there, as I’m kind of lost on this one.
If someone else returned Dylan’s truck to his property, maybe they put the key fob inside to make it look like Dylan was driving, or that his last known location was his home when it was really somewhere else?.

I don't know what CC is thinking of specifically, other than someone trying to steer the narrative.

If someone else returned Dylan’s truck to his property, maybe they put the key fob inside to make it look like Dylan was driving, or that his last known location was his home when it was really somewhere else?.

I don't know what CC is thinking of specifically, other than someone trying to steer the narrative.
Yeah, that’s true. But investigators said the government wasn’t there the first time they searched. And that it turned up later. Seems like it would just raise more suspicion if it were returned later. JMHO. Not sure what rationale would be behind returning it.

Great moniker, getthefax.

In the link I posted, 3 guys had been questioned and all possess a serious criminal history. These characters may be mean and dangerous but they don't seem too smart to me.

Perhaps the items returned served a specific purpose for the wrongdoer. Yet, I agree that tossing the stuff into a deep well would have not seemed so duplicitous because we'd never have known about it.

Someone locked Dylan's truck so we could have assumed Dylan disappeared with his key fob, his wallet, his phone and whatnot if it wasn't for the sneaky behavior of returning whatever items to his trailer while his family was tricked into being away.

I suspect Dylan may have left many personal items in Montello before he went missing because he intended to return there after covering his $5000 worth of seed that morning. Perhaps he disappeared after returning to Montello because we're not exactly sure when he went missing. Maybe that is why NV, and not UT, served the search warrant on JB's property.

Great moniker, getthefax.
Thanks! I couldn’t believe it was still available when I signed up.
In the link I posted, 3 guys had been questioned and all possess a serious criminal history. These characters may be mean and dangerous but they don't seem too smart to me.

Perhaps the items returned served a specific purpose for the wrongdoer. Yet, I agree that tossing the stuff into a deep well would have not seemed so duplicitous because we'd never have known about it.

Someone locked Dylan's truck so we could have assumed Dylan disappeared with his key fob, his wallet, his phone and whatnot if it wasn't for the sneaky behavior of returning whatever items to his trailer while his family was tricked into being away.
Yes—I’d think far more sneaky for the fob to just not turn up. But yeah—dangerous and mean, but not too bright :/

Yeah, that’s true. But investigators said the government wasn’t there the first time they searched. And that it turned up later. Seems like it would just raise more suspicion if it were returned later. JMHO. Not sure what rationale would be behind returning it.
The suspect may not have expected Dylan to be reported missing so soon. Maybe he panicked, tossed the boots behind the dirt pile, got the guns out of his residence, and at some point slipped the key fob in the trailer. Criminals are not the most intelligent people.

They seem to put more thought into the crime than the cover up. Or they don't put much thought into either, they just act.

If tossing the boots behind the junk pile was an attempt to hide them, it wouldn't surprise me if he put the key fob in the trailer. His/their actions seem rushed and disorganized. I would think there would be lots of evidence left behind.

Maybe the latest interview will prompt an update from LE.

I was pretty shocked to learn of the key fob.
It does indicate subterfuge.
I know it's a cliche but that family need answers so badly.
The chief suspect was moving around freely, he would easily know when Dylan`s place was unoccupied.
Not rocket science. Having lived on his wits for years, probably, gaining access would have been no big deal either..

Against that though is how come he had the ability to apparently commit the alleged heinous crime without leaving enough of a mess to have charged him already?

Had he help?
Is he really the chief suspect ?

If he actually is, why was he not questioned immediately, as CC has every right to ask?

zero clues from me here.
All of above is mere speculation.

This is one of those cases where I’m against the crowd. I still lean toward Dylan disappeared himself to go live the life he wanted that his parents didn’t approve of, I think he washed some mud off the truck so it didn’t harden and was more work for them, I think he left his boots so they’d recognize he was walking away from that life, I think he accidentally took the key fob with him, so returned it.

This is one of those cases where I’m against the crowd. I still lean toward Dylan disappeared himself to go live the life he wanted that his parents didn’t approve of, I think he washed some mud off the truck so it didn’t harden and was more work for them, I think he left his boots so they’d recognize he was walking away from that life, I think he accidentally took the key fob with him, so returned it.
I also think it could have been a mistake on the part of the family— is there any chance it was there before and was missed? As in, is there photographic and/or video evidence to prove it wasn’t there when they first entered the building?

I can’t speak on him walking away (quite possible, IMHO, since CC has made a lot of statements about her certainty about x, y, and z that are *possibly* not as accurate about him as other folks who knew Dylan would maintain.

Definitely a lot of possibilities in this stumper of a case. Hoping for peace for the families and Justice for any involved victim(s).

ETA: To me, the ONLY scenario that makes any sense to me at all in returning a key fob would be the one where DR returned it of his own accord. All the other players would just dump it, IMO… So I’m wondering if they have video proof that it wasn’t there before.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back