UT UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, wkg on farm, “weird run-in” with a guy walking on gravel rd, no phone & CC activity, Lucin, Box Elder Co, 25 May 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robbery gone wrong?
I was not thinking robbery at all.
I was only thinking forced disappearance cos there is no evidence he left voluntarily.
Or forcefully!
This case hoovered me off the internet and we've got nothing at all! Really very puzzling!

It is definitely puzzling. My first thought is the same as yours, forced disappearance -- I am leaning towards foul play from a disgruntled former employee. With that said, I also see that a robbery-gone-wrong could be feasible -- if the robbery was interrupted or went askew for some reason, the perpetrator may have decided not to follow through with the robbery, or even discovered that there was just nothing to steal. And although self-harm is always a possibility, my opinion is that it's at the very bottom of the list. So I am with you in the involuntary disappearance camp!

is there a clear picture of his boots?

if anything like mine, ants,sand etc would not be an issue. He would surely be able to work on through a bit of grain in his boots....he doesn't seem the type to be too fussed over minor issues. just work on through it

if anything like mine, ants,sand etc would not be an issue. He would surely be able to work on through a bit of grain in his boots....he doesn't seem the type to be too fussed over minor issues. just work on through it

There's also 60 photographs of him taken through the years and he never changed his boot style.

About the boots.....could Dylan of had a companion with him and they parked behind the dirt pile to be out of view for personal reasons. Boots on would be clumsy and smelly boots in the vehicle may spoil the occasion. Then they were found by a third party who wasn't so happy.

This would mean that there may be a witness or possibly even another person missing.

Just speculation on my part pointing out that there may indeed be a reason to remove one's boots.

a theory.....clutching at straws....but....barefoot man asked for cash/help and Dylan refused. Barefoot man is now the perp here and came back to get Dylan and made him walk barefoot as revenge "you left me walking barefoot, now you have to do the same' logic
Somebody said that yesterday and it felt quite sinister.
I had been convinced it had to do with the land he was working, ancient customs or traditions believed to have been disrespected or simple greed from a competitor, angry neighbours.
And it could still be any of those things.
And any or all of those things could have made him a target.

But shooting in the dark wholly because we do not have insight or the perspective of the perp, if there even is one.
He could have suffered from a weather related event.
He could have suffered a devastating medical event that caused him to act irrationally in an effort to offset symptoms.
I haven't a clue.

On the Official FB page, in response to questions about what DR's boots look like, CC posted video from Christmas 2021 of DR riding a hoverboard wearing the boots recovered. See 6/12/22 post by CC at 8:25 AM.

No FB login is required.

Also, I can easily envision a scenario where the "weird/high guy" got/stayed so enraged @ DR for refusing to give him a ride that he got a ride out to Dylan's place a few days later to get revenge.
^^rsbbm

Except Dylan did NOT refuse to give the weird/high barefoot guy a ride. CC has since corrected her statement that DR only told her he didn't give the individual a ride when in fact he did.

Revenge is a possibility by anybody whether for a real or perceived wrong.

I still find it really unusual that he only owned ONE pair of shoes. After working in his boots all day, in the fields, in the heat, wouldn't he need to air them out at the end of the day? Is he going to take a shower after work and then go to town for dinner, and just put his stinky boots back on every night? He didn't have a 2nd pair of shoes to alternate with?

<modsnip> if he had suffered an acute serious illness he may have headed for water and nobody knew the terrain better than him or exactly where all the water was located. It was Dylan that installed the vast irrigation system that is there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many pics on the FB page that we can't reference. Boots definitely look like the pull on/off type. No laces etc... I just get the feeling this is a very naive, innocent, hard working young man who got taken advantage of...in the worst way. Imo of course. I also believe the answers are to be found at that Saddle Sore establishment. People need to start talking...whatever it takes. No reward $$ yet.

Many pics on the FB page that we can't reference. Boots definitely look like the pull on/off type. No laces etc... I just get the feeling this is a very naive, innocent, hard working young man who got taken advantage of...in the worst way. Imo of course. I also believe the answers are to be found at that Saddle Sore establishment. People need to start talking...whatever it takes. No reward $$ yet.
^^bbm
A reward has been offered since the beginning.

Also, many bogus photos on the FB page! *(i.e., photos posted by public commenters).

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members