UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but wonder what the two of them are thinking about now, locked up alone in their separate jail cells.

I have to hope that they can't stop thinking about what they put Ethan through, and that they can't breathe for regret, but somehow I doubt that is what's going through their evil, repulsive brains.

He is probably feeling wronged and betrayed by Stephanie. Probably shocked that she 'turned on him'. Probably calling her all the same names he called his ex-wife in those vile, threatening voice messages he left.

But, I can't even begin to imagine what Stephanie might be thinking. It has to occur to her that things went horribly wrong, and this can't be the happy future she had imagined for them just a few short weeks ago.

How could this happen? How could she let this happen? Why would you let anyone beat on your child? I just don't get it. Ethan was such a precious little boy. And, so helpless. How could she go out and buy lighter fluid and slushies?

I hope they both burn in Hell, for all of eternity.

Nursebeeme and all of WS my name is Stacie and my daughters name is Leighton and her Fathers name is Nathan. This case has really brought out alot of my past that I so very hard to try and forget. I'm very lucky to have her and that she has a really good Dad and his family. I have no family except her and that is good enough for me. Ella was my Great Grandmother's name and I thought It was so pretty. I just wanted you all to know ....I'm Stacie and this little boy has helped me in his death to come out and tell the truth. Ethan is an Angel.
Stacie...... (((big hugs))).

You are very brave, and we are so glad you are with us.

I can't help but wonder what the two of them are thinking about now, locked up alone in their separate jail cells.

I have to hope that they can't stop thinking about what they put Ethan through, and that they can't breathe for regret, but somehow I doubt that is what's going through their evil, repulsive brains.

He is probably feeling wronged and betrayed by Stephanie. Probably shocked that she 'turned on him'. Probably calling her all the same names he called his ex-wife in those vile, threatening voice messages he left.

But, I can't even begin to imagine what Stephanie might be thinking. It has to occur to her that things went horribly wrong, and this can't be the happy future she had imagined for them just a few short weeks ago.

How could this happen? How could she let this happen? Why would you let anyone beat on your child? I just don't get it. Ethan was such a precious little boy. And, so helpless. How could she go out and buy lighter fluid and slushies?

I hope they both burn in Hell, for all of eternity.

Personally I don't think she let anyone beat on her child. I think she was right there with him, inflecting pain, too. She wasn't going to admit that to the police. Hopefully LE has it figured out.

Postmortem information referenced below...
PLEASE don't read this unless you can handle it...
:sick:

This is what concerns me about the picture from the 5th regarding NS and the video game...

On the face, gas distension causes the eyelids to become swollen and tightly closed; the lips, swollen and pouting; the cheeks, puffed out, ....Hair on the head and other parts of the body become loose at the roots, and may be easily pulled out. :furious:
~snipped
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A2451683
and this...
The amounts of clothing or blankets etc. that are on or wrapped around the body affect the rate of postmortem cooling. Thus, a nude body will cool far more rapidly than a body clothed or wrapped in blankets
http://forensicmd.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/early-postmortem-changes1.pdf

This is why I think SS may have thought Ethan was still alive...

How prominent rigor manifest itself is dependent on the degree of skeletal muscle development. For example, the development of rigor mortis in infants, the elderly, those who are malnourished (cachetic), and the markedly obese tends to be minimal and in some cases not recognizable....
http://forensicmd.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/early-postmortem-changes1.pdf :furious:

NS was wearing shorts and no shirt. Yet Ethan was wrapped in blankets from the waist down... AND the baby was allgedly running a fever? It makes NO sense! He'd be way too hot! Maybe that's why NS was half nude.

Personally I don't think she let anyone beat on her child. I think she was right there with him, inflecting pain, too. She wasn't going to admit that to the police. Hopefully LE has it figured out.

Maybe it was her all along... and NS only helped her with the disposal? But wait! :banghead: NS did admit that he hit the little boy. Guess that's why LE can't decide whether to charge her as well. SURELY they will charge her! They have to!!!

Graphic warning: Skip if you would like.

Regarding the picture from the 5th with NS and the video game

I am wondering if the photograph could have been staged to appear as if he was still alive while they plotted the run away story? Gross, sad and I could possiably be wrong.

I noticed the level of cruetly and disregard to be unsual to begain with in this case.

Actually I pray that I am wrong. I am mad that what these people did is so discusting and cruel that it can be possiable. :furious:

I am wondering if the photograph could have been staged to appear as if he was still alive while they plotted the run away story? Gross, sad and I could possiably be wrong.

I noticed the level of cruetly and disregard to be unsual to begain with in this case.

Actually I pray that I am wrong. I am mad that what these people did is so discusting and cruel that it can be possiable. :furious:
Yes, Angel... I think this is a very real possibility.

I have also wondered if they propped Ethan up against Nathan, and posed the picture to make it look as though Ethan were still alive, as a way to cover for themselves.

Something about Ethan's face, the glazed, unfocused look of his eyes, makes me wonder if Nathan is simply holding the game controller in front of Ethan's face to make it look like Ethan is interested in it. With his injuries, there is no way that little boy would be sitting there enjoying video games. He should have been in a hospital. Or maybe, even the morgue.

I wrote (as did others) a couple of days ago that this may be the case. The picture just screams fake-ness. It has to be one of the most disturbing pictures I have ever seen.

So, you agree?

BBM
YEP! :furious: and that is why we are hearing mention of LE officers needing
counselling -sp on this case. Any seasoned officer (and the like) were fully aware from the get go if this is indeed the case. MOO

MOO That pic was staged so that they could pull off the "he ran off" story. It was proof he was alive on the 5th. and proof that he was alive on the 6th was we locked him in the bedroom.
So at night they let him run off with NO concerns and during the day they had to lock him up? Makes total sense to me! NOT!
MOO I think that once LE saw that picture THEY KNEW! and THAT is why SS and NS had to give up the location. What we saw was blurry at best. My guess is the pic they saw was clear as day!
MOO I also believe the call to her friend was staged as well as proof of a live child.

I applogise that it was said. I have been thinking for awhile but couldn't say it outloud. I may have even read the theory here before and put it out of my mind. It took me forever to say it because it is so..wrong I didn't want to go there in my head. Thank you.

I applogise that it was said. I have been thinking for awhile but couldn't say it outloud. I may have even read the theory here before and put it out of my mind.
Oh, please please please.... don't apologize!

I feel somehow relieved to know I'm not the only one that sees it!

I felt the same way when someone else mentioned it first the other day. I was relieved someone else saw it then, too, because I was nervous about bringing it up!

Another thing about that picture, is that the authorities did not release it, someone who saw it on Facebook released it.

Otherwise, I doubt that LE and the FBI would ever have allowed it out. It is simply too disturbing.

BBM
YEP! :furious: and that is why we are hearing mention of LE officers needing
counselling -sp on this case. Any seasoned officer (and the like) were fully aware from the get go if this is indeed the case. MOO

MOO That pic was staged so that they could pull off the "he ran off" story. It was proof he was alive on the 5th. and proof that he was alive on the 6th was we locked him in the bedroom.
So at night they let him run off with NO concerns and during the day they had to lock him up? Makes total sense to me! NOT!
MOO I think that once LE saw that picture THEY KNEW! and THAT is why SS and NS had to give up the location. What we saw was blurry at best. My guess is the pic they saw was clear as day!
MOO I also believe the call to her friend was staged as well as proof of a live child.
gngr~snap.... I think you are absolutely on target with what you are saying.

That makes sense, and I hadn't even thought of that... that LE may have seen the pic and knew right away that NS and SS were lying because they could see that Ethan was already dead in the picture.

Also about LE needing special counseling because of how much more horrific the details are than have been released to the public.

That gives me chills up my spine.

Yes, Angel... I think this is a very real possibility.

I have also wondered if they propped Ethan up against Nathan, and posed the picture to make it look as though Ethan were still alive, as a way to cover for themselves.

Something about Ethan's face, the glazed, unfocused look of his eyes, makes me wonder if Nathan is simply holding the game controller in front of Ethan's face to make it look like Ethan is interested in it.

I wrote (as did others) a couple of days ago that this may be the case.

So, you agree?

I also read somewhere that after death the eyes do not reflect light after about 3 hours.

http://library.thinkquest.org/04oct/00206/ta_time_since_death.htm

It may be the angle or Ethan's glasses but I cannot even see his eyes. I thought even a side view I would see light reflecting off the eye... but I don't. His eyes appear sunken.MOO

I am going to go back and look at all the beautiful pictures of Ethan, the happy days with him and his dad. This is so unbelieveable sad and unforgivable what they did to him. Shallow and selfish people stole from the world when they took him from it!

:rose: Ethan

Stacy said police realized there may be a problem after Stacy told them Stephanie Sloop had told him Ethan's jaw was "a mess" due to an allergic reaction to grapefruit. Nathan Sloop, in contrast, had told police Ethan had reacted to a peanut allergy.

Stephanie Sloop had told Stacy and Elswick she had to clip Ethan's nails because he had scratched his jaw so much.

"He had no allergy problems before. He was allergic to nothing. He ate a variety of foods," Stacy said, adding that Ethan was particularly fond of bone-shaped graham crackers called Scooby Snacks, a box of which is still in Stacy's cupboard.
More at link
http://www.sltrib.com/D=g/ci_15142408

So that is why LE was suspicious of their story, although the story was so fishy I am sure they were suspicious before that.

I applogise that it was said. I have been thinking for awhile but couldn't say it outloud. I may have even read the theory here before and put it out of my mind. It took me forever to say it because it is so..wrong I didn't want to go there in my head. Thank you.

Oh, please please please.... don't apologize!

I feel somehow relieved to know I'm not the only one that sees it!

I felt the same way when someone else mentioned it first the other day. I was relieved someone else saw it then, too, because I was nervous about bringing it up!

Another thing about that picture, is that the authorities did not release it, someone who saw it on Facebook released it.

Otherwise, I doubt that LE and the FBI would ever have allowed it out. It is simply too disturbing.

It does not really matter what we think... or if we say it or not... It will not change what happened to Ethan...
If we are right... maybe it means he did not suffer for as long as we once thought.
If we are wrong... then it may mean he did suffer longer than we thought.
I ALMOST hope we are right as disturbing as that sounds. Thank you both (as well as a few others) for discussing this in a polite manner and as I stated it is MOO as well.
It was not my intention to offend anyone. I sure hope I didn't! and I hope that my warnings were enough to let folks choose whether to read on or not.

I really don't think Ethan was deceased it that picture. He seemed to be able to hold himself up. I don't think he was in good shape by any stretch of the imagination but I do believe he was alive.

For anyone who may have doubted they set out intentionally to kill Ethan or that this was intended to get back at Joe:

When Joe Stacy received a call from his ex-wife's new husband on Mother's Day, he knew something was wrong.

For a fifth straight day, Nathan Sloop wouldn't allow 4-year-old Ethan to talk to his father, but Stacy and fiancée Becky Elswick sensed something else was off as well.

"His whole tone had changed. He just didn't seem the same. We even made comments about it," Elswick said during a Thursday interview at the apartment she and Stacy share above a gas station in Richlands.

The day after Ethan's funeral, the pair described their interactions with Nathan and Stephanie Sloop, Ethan's mother, in the days leading up to the May 11 discovery of the boy's battered body in a shallow grave near Powder Mountain ski resort. The Sloops are in the Davis County jail on suspicion of child abuse and aggravated murder in Ethan's death.

The morning after the troubling May 9 call, Elswick said she opened the mail to find a Mother's Day card signed "From your son, Ethan" in Stephanie Sloop's handwriting.

"She hated me, so that was completely out of character for Stephanie," Elswick said.

:furious: :furious: :furious:

The morning after the troubling May 9 call, Elswick said she opened the mail to find a Mother's Day card signed "From your son, Ethan" in Stephanie Sloop's handwriting​

http://www.sltrib.com/D=g/ci_15142408

OMG, I am speechless.​

I agree that they may have decided to get married thinking that could help them out legally, but I'm also thinking they decided to get married as a way to look better in the eyes of the public and LE when they reported him missing, they could have thought that a mother and step-father sounded better than a mother living with her fiance. It also would be a way for them to seal their love and devotion to each other (sick evil kind)
If this is true, then Ethan was already dead IMO and they had planned the story of him wandering off.
There had to have been quite a bit of cleaning up needed in the apartment, that would have taken some time and effort on their part, another reason why I think everything happened earlier.

VB

I have promised to censor myself. Reading that makes it very hard to do.

I'll just say that IMO, it's further proof to me that SS was very much involved with brutalizing and murdering Ethan.

That card would have been sent as Ethan lay dying... or maybe even after he was dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcia.C108