GUILTY UT - Hser Nar Moo, 7, Salt Lake City, 31 March 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This ppor family, legal or not, its just sad. I got to thinking about this comment:

I believe with the channels that White went through to bring them over here...they are considered "legal".
If his family hasn't been told (his own brother didn't know why he was arrested), I would think they simply don't understand he confessed if they don't believe he did it. (They may think he is covering for another tho.)

I don't know the other children are in any danger since the perp is behind bars. However, White should make different living arrangements for the other family asap.

LOL, my computer ate that last message I was trying to post.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3003690

(snip)

South Salt Lake Police Chief Chris Snyder said, "This has obviously been very emotional, very frightening. You have parents of different nationalities trying to explain to their kids what happened, and it's a difficult thing, it's a difficult thing for any parent to do."
Those who live in the apartments comprise a melting pot of refugees, requiring the meeting to be translated into seven languages. The message was that parents and children should not be scared, only aware of the dangers that can exist.
"All we are trying to accomplish tonight is to alleviate some of that fear, to educate these families on what they can do to keep their kids safe, and hopefully bring some unity inside that complex," Chief Snyder said. Police provided child ID kits and gave information on resources to help protect children. But for the police chief, the tragic events of Hser Nay Moo's disappearance and murder are something for all of us to consider.

It would be a horrible ordeal for those who don't speak English or the other languages not to be able to communicate when such a thing happens. I cannot imagine how petrified I would be in a new country with my children if they found one murdered and I couldn't decifer the details. I think they are handling it quite well.

I believe with the channels that White went through to bring them over here...they are considered "legal".
If his family hasn't been told (his own brother didn't know why he was arrested), I would think they simply don't understand he confessed if they don't believe he did it. (They may think he is covering for another tho.)

I don't know the other children are in any danger since the perp is behind bars. However, White should make different living arrangements for the other family asap.

I hope your right, I'm just concerned as the details are understood and absorbed by this community about retribution, etc.. I hope at a minmum they are receiving some sort of grief counseling via translator.

04_06_Moo_Hser.jpg_20080405.jpg

Hser Ner Moo Hser Ner Moo "The World's Heart is broken with sadness" Tragically and senselessly, we lost our only daughter, sister, niece and dear friend. Paw Taly Hser Ner Moo was born on July 16, 2000 in a Thai refugee camp and lived there until she came to the US in August, 2007. Together with her family and other Karen people she learned to make South Parc Townhomes and Salt Lake City her new home. She embraced life and was eager to learn new things. She had a ready smile and was quick to run and give hugs to her friends. She loved to dance and join in fun play. She usually tried to wear something pink. Hser Ner Moo is survived by her father, Cartoon Wah, mother, Pearlly Wa, brothers, Ker Ker Po, Kyi Kyi Po, Sunday Moo, Eh Ler Wa, aunts and uncles. "Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God." Funeral services will be held Monday April 7, 2008 at 11 a.m. at the South Salt Lake LDS Stake Center, 300 East 2230 South. A viewing will be held from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. prior to the services. Interment will take place at Elysian Burial Gardens, 1075 East 4580 South, Salt Lake City. The family wishes to express sincere thanks to the many volunteers, police, media and all who have donated money, time and services during this difficult time. An account has been set up in her name at Zions' Bank. Account Name is Cartoon Wah for Hser Ner Moo. Online condolences may be shared with the family at www.jenkins-soffe.com
Published in the Salt Lake Tribune from 4/5/2008 - 4/6/2008.

Funeral today for slain 7-year-old

The Salt Lake Tribune
Article Last Updated: 04/07/2008 10:05:53 AM MDT

Posted: 10:09 AM- The funeral for 7-year-old Hser Ner Moo, who was killed March 31 at her apartment complex, is today at 11 a.m. at the LDS Haven Ward Chapel at 2280 S. 300 East in South Salt Lake.

A viewing will be from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the wardhouse.

Burial will be at the Elisian Burial Gardens, 1075 E. 4580 South, Salt Lake City.​

The public is invited to attend.​

The girl left her apartment in the South Parc Townhouses, 2250 S. 500 East, on Monday at about 2 p.m. Police and volunteers began searching when a family friend reported her missing after 6 p.m., and her body was found about 7 p.m. Tuesday in nearby apartment 472.​

The apartment was the last in the complex to be searched. Police detained five men who lived in the apartment; four were later released and one, 21-year-old Esar Met, was arrested on suspicion of aggravated murder. The charge carries the possibility of the death penalty.​

Thanks for posting that RK,

My thoughts are with Hser and her family today as they say their final farewells. :(

StillHoping

Thanks for posting this RK, my heart goes out to her, her family, and my fellow WSR's feeling this close to home in Utah today.​

Oh, hellolisakitty, I was really hoping there was no sexual assault. :(

More details released this evening. They are still not sure if they will ask for the death penalty. He is being held on $2,500,000.00 bail... and sad to say they have confirmed there were signs of a sexual assault.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3034246

NOte to self- never read this kind of case before bed. I guess the sex assault was no surprise, however, the fact that theres a full footprint of his in her blood is unbelievable. That guy has undetected priors- be sure.
God Bless Hser, so sorry sweetie.

Oh, hellolisakitty, I was really hoping there was no sexual assault. :(

Me too, me too. I was hoping... if there was anything to *hope* for, that she did not have to endure that-as no child should.

According to an artice today in the Tribune an advisory team has determined that the Amber Alert was well-timed, despite the awful ending.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_8870739

This is a letter that I found to Hser... gives you an idea of what a cute personality she had according to someone that saw her come to life at school.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_8803331?source=rss

The little Burmese refugee girl who disappeared and died just steps away from home this spring will leave her mark on her playmates forever.

It's not just that they miss precocious Hser Ner Moo; in her honor, paint was drying this week on the walls of a new community center that will bear her name.

Housed in a former apartment at the South Parc Townhomes, the complex where she lived and died, the center will provide new opportunities for hundreds of residents, many of whom are refugees from around the world.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_9796506

The case has taken more than four years to get to this point, largely due to language barriers and Met's struggles to understand the court process.
Two Burmese interpreters, an interpreter who speaks both Burmese and Karen, and a Spanish interpreter have aided witnesses and Met thus far.

Tuesday was the fourth day of testimony in a preliminary hearing set to continue through Friday.
At the end of the hearing, prosecutors will ask 3rd District Judge William Barrett to order Met to stand trial on the charges against him.

--------------------------------------------

Two doctors described in graphic detail Tuesday the horrible injuries 7-year-old Hser Ner Moo suffered before she died.

"This would have been very painful — very painful," Dr. Lori Frasier testified of the violence the young child suffered. "Maybe the worst pain she'd ever felt in her life."

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=22958729&ni...ls-horrific-tale-of-girls-death&s_cid=queue-8

I just read this entire thread. I am sitting here in tears. My youngest DD just turned 8, so she was right around sweet Hser's age. I couldn't even begin to imagine the pain this family is going through. Having your sweet baby girl taken from this world in such a violent fashion, by someone she apparently trusted, and then to find out she truly endured some horrific pain and the sexual assault. It just makes me sick and it makes me ANGRY :furious: How dare anyone think they can do this to another human being, let alone a child? I just don't understand and I don't think I ever will. I hope this man is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, if he is truly guilty! I can't imagine that after all these years that LE would have the wrong man. There HAS to be forensic evidence. I am sorry if I am assuming on this, but: Why, no matter what language you spoke, confess to what you have done, most likely in detail, and then later say that you were "forced" to make these statements. I am sure there was plenty of details he spilled that only the killer would know. I just hope this sweet, precious little girl gets the justice she DESERVES :please: IMO it has already been WAY too long :banghead:

A new trial date has been set for a Burmese man charged with the sexual assault and brutal killing of a 7-year-old neighbor girl in 2008.

After a hearing on the evidence last year, Esar Met, 26, was ordered to stand trial on charges of aggravated murder and child kidnapping, first-degree felonies, in the death of Hser Ner Moo.
A trial was set to begin July 15, but was cancelled and rescheduled for a three week block starting Jan. 6, 2014.

https://www.ksl.com/?nid=1070&sid=2...illing-7-year-old&fm=home_page&s_cid=queue-10

Nearly six years after the body of a 7-year-old girl was found in a neighbor's basement bathroom, the trial for her accused killer began Tuesday.

---------------------------

Peterson asked the jury to keep an open mind and not to let the emotional evidence that will be presented cloud their judgment. While the state will argue that Hser's blood was found on Met's jacket, and Met's DNA was found on her fingernails, the defense told jurors they would argue that blood and DNA evidence could have come during normal horse play between the two.

--------------------------

The agents testified that when they went into the basement, they immediately saw two brown stains that appeared to be dried blood on the carpet.

"I thought, 'Boy, this is not good,'" testified FBI agent James Olsen. "I think this is where Hser Ner Moo was either beaten or was murdered."

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=28278057#rk4VHmy6YcW1ypQw.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member