GUILTY UT - Hser Nar Moo, 7, Salt Lake City, 31 March 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, of course, think of the Destiny Norton case here in Utah. Her murderer literally was "right in their backyard." Her murderer is in prison for life. The man who kidnapped her coaxed her into his house and she was murdered within minutes after she was taken. :(

This is what I mean, all these cases make me ill- what I meant by thinking of the JL case, the killer did not live where he was registered, he kept her alive for 3 days, the LE was actually there but did not search the closet, had they, she would be alive. That haunts me- not a slam on LE, Couley took her, I'm just hopeful if that is the scenario there's a chance to rescue her. Although as RK points out, usually these cases end very quickly.

SuziQ,
The last link you posted with all the video footage, has her listed as wearing a BLACK Burmese coat, rather than the pink coat which has been posted everywhere.

I REALLY wish the media would get their stories straight. I know they are trying to help, but this is information that NEEDS to be correct from the get-go.

Can you imagine if someone saw this little girl but they disregarded it because the clothing didn't match the description and that made them hesitant to make assumptions??

According to the last press conf, I'm not sure if there's a father, but in the first reports it said the aunt was there, but the chief referred to her as the babysitter. He said the Mom has a newborn and speaks little to no English

I do understand what you are saying. I don't disagree with you at all.

I only mentioned that it reminded me of the Destiny Norton case because Destiny was also kidnapped in the Salt Lake City, Utah area and her next door neighbor murdered her and hid her in his basement for days after Destiny went missing.

I also think of Danielle Van Dam who was kidnapped from her house by their next door neighbor. I suspect little Danielle was kept alive for sometime before she was murdered.

This is what I mean, all these cases make me ill- what I meant by thinking of the JL case, the killer did not live where he was registered, he kept her alive for 3 days, the LE was actually there but did not search the closet, had they, she would be alive. That haunts me- not a slam on LE, Couley took her, I'm just hopeful if that is the scenario there's a chance to rescue her. Although as RK points out, usually these cases end very quickly.

It's making me sad to see that most of you other posters on this thread are feeling the same way I am, that this will probably not end well.

I feel bad for this girls mother. I'm sure this situation is just horrifying for her, but then to not be able to really communicate with anyone trying to help her. It's gotta just be awful.

SuziQ,
The last link you posted with all the video footage, has her listed as wearing a BLACK Burmese coat, rather than the pink coat which has been posted everywhere.

I REALLY wish the media would get their stories straight. I know they are trying to help, but this is information that NEEDS to be correct from the get-go.

Can you imagine if someone saw this little girl but they disregarded it because the clothing didn't match the description and that made them hesitant to make assumptions??

I've heard about five different descriptions of what she's wearing. It is so frustrating. I finally decided to just go with pink and black clothing.

I know, sorry, maybe we'll get lucky.
Im there on the Mom- new country, new life, lose daughter, I just got the willies. Going to show this story to my children later, I have always employed the "scare them silly" tactic- there are truly evil people out there.

I know, sorry, maybe we'll get lucky.
Im there on the Mom- new country, new life, lose daughter, I just got the willies. Going to show this story to my children later, I have always employed the "scare them silly" tactic- there are truly evil people out there.

I'm not a mom yet, but can't wait to be. This is something I struggle with already. I want my kids to be very aware of the world, of danger. But I also want them to maintain some innocence as long as possible. Childhood is the only time when you get to be naive and innocent and I don't want to take that away from them. I'm trying to figure out a happy medium for myself. Hopefully, I will have it figured out by the time I have kids.

Has there been any posters on this thread that don't have some affiliation with Utah?

A little more info on the family. Mom was not doing well before this happened.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2981916

(snip)

Alice White and her family have been helping Hser Ner Moo's family since they came here as refugees last year. She says, "Now that it has been long enough time, I'm a little, I'm a lot more concerned."
She says the mother is not doing well. She says, "She been really sick, the mother. She has been in and out of the hospital since she had the baby." White took two of the brothers around searching for their sister. In broken English, they told White that their sister is afraid. In other words, she is not the type to leave home and not come back.

Reporter talking about pink coat found in Liberty Park. Not sure if it's Hser's coat. If it is, they needs to drain or drag that pond there. Yikes, Liberty park is by where Destiny Norton lived. LE is focusing strongly in the immediate area of 2100 South and 500 East. IMO, that's because alot of missing kids as we talked about here are found near their house.

I really want her to be okay, but I'm afraid she's not. The Liberty Park Pond shouldn't be hard to search, it's icky and mucky but not deep.

Ugh, if LE think's it's foul play...

Wah has five children and Hser is his only daughter. He recalled how Monday morning she stood behind him as he brushed his teeth. He told her he would bring her candy after work.
Wah said he has not eaten anything since he learned of her disappearance yesterday.

He said he saw Hser leave the apartment Monday afternoon and walk south. She didn't respond when he asked where she was going.
Wearing a blue Brigham Young University jacket, he thanked all of the volunteers searching for his daughter.

I bet she's the "apple of his eye", being his only daughter. I'm not at all blaming him as I know he's doing many "what ifs" right now, but we can't just let our little ones this much freedom. How I wish (and I'm sure he does too) that he had gone after her when she ignored him.

I really want her to be okay, but I'm afraid she's not. The Liberty Park Pond shouldn't be hard to search, it's icky and mucky but not deep.

Ugh, if LE think's it's foul play...

But for some reason or other, they didn't search the Liberty Park pond when Destiny went missing, and she lived right across the street. The pond at Sugarhouse Park would be just as close to where Hser went missing from. I can't remember, is there a pond at Fairmont Park also?
There is also the Duck Park off 5th East and around 30th south.

ETA: Sorry newkid, I had missed SuziQ's post about the coat being found at Liberty Park when I posted this. I wasn't sure where the Liberty Park reference came from.

I'm not a mom yet, but can't wait to be. This is something I struggle with already. I want my kids to be very aware of the world, of danger. But I also want them to maintain some innocence as long as possible. Childhood is the only time when you get to be naive and innocent and I don't want to take that away from them. I'm trying to figure out a happy medium for myself. Hopefully, I will have it figured out by the time I have kids.
They have to be old enough to understand the concept of stranger danger to start, which they actually already do when they are babies as you will see. It did not become as clear to me until preschool and elementary that there are basic skills and lessons that you can teach them that will hopefully protect them and as they mature explain the more serious situations as a learning tool. I agree with the hope of keeping innocense, but I as Mom, imo, vigilance, developing their intuition to protect themselves takes priority. Discussing this over a case like this is probably not the most objective I can be :furious:

They have to be old enough to understand the concept of stranger danger to start, which they actually already do when they are babies as you will see. It did not become as clear to me until preschool and elementary that there are basic skills and lessons that you can teach them that will hopefully protect them and as they mature explain the more serious situations as a learning tool. I agree with the hope of keeping innocense, but I as Mom, imo, vigilance, developing their intuition to protect themselves takes priority. Discussing this over a case like this is probably not the most objective I can be :furious:

I have to agree with you. Even as an adult, people ask me all the time how I can stand to follow these kinds of stories all the time. And you know, it sucks, it brings an element of fear into my life that I'm sure I would be much happier without. But I've always been the type of person who likes to know what I'm dealing with. I would much rather know what's going on in the world and TRY to be prepared if it happens to me. The whole better safe than sorry concept, I guess.

God, I hope that wasn't Hser's coat found at the park.

Exactly and well said. I feel I work really hard at understanding the dynamics of these case as if in some way to "insure" it would never happen to me or my family. As ridiculous as that may sound, it keeps me from just hunting down these freaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje