GUILTY UT - Hser Nar Moo, 7, Salt Lake City, 31 March 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No news will be good news for me right now.. Alot of times when they have a suspect they try and work it out before they lawyer up- any sense they have a direction or did it look like they were just keeping it fresh?
Anything on the coat or did I invent that somehow?
Sounds like nothing has been reported about the coat being found. But per RK's above post, there was footage of LE carrying a pink coat :( Not looking good at all!!!

Below in bold I highlighted. Does that mean the coat is hers...among other items found or what? Also, I can't remember if Fairmont Park has a pond or not.
http://www.kutv.com/content/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=672e51b3-5062-462d-a6f6-883ebbcd7004

(snip)
After several more hours passed with no success in finding the girl, authorities issued an Amber Alert early Tuesday -- citing specific evidence that led them to believe that foul play might have been involved in her disappearance.

We are treating it as a foul play situation. The prospect that she may have been injured are surely strengthening for us," said South Salt Lake Police Chief Chris Snyder during a news conference on Tuesday afternoon. "This is a possible abduction. We have had leads as to articles of clothings, possible sightings... we are certainly concerned."

However, despite citing some evidence that led them to issue an Amber Alert, authorities did not reveal details of what was found or what scenario they are investigating.

Isn't that restaurant where the old Chuck e cheese used to be?
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2981916

(snip)

Investigators from the South Salt Lake Police Department and the Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office are following up on several leads they've received. Michelle Neilson was at home last night watching the news when she first heard about the missing girl. When the picture of the girl came up on her TV screen, she remembered a little girl she had seen just a few hours earlier at a Chinese restaurant near the corner of State Street and 4500 South. "She did look familiar. It was more the pink coat and also her look that did make me think it was her." She says the little girl was with a woman who occasionally would talk to the little girl. But she remembers the girl because she smiled at Neilson and stood next to her in the food line.

Yes, that is where Chuck e Cheese used to be. I'm not sure if it was another restaurant or store (I have a vague recollection it was some sort of store at one time) before it became that chinese restaurant or not.

Isn't that restaurant where the old Chuck e cheese used to be?
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2981916

(snip)

Investigators from the South Salt Lake Police Department and the Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office are following up on several leads they've received. Michelle Neilson was at home last night watching the news when she first heard about the missing girl. When the picture of the girl came up on her TV screen, she remembered a little girl she had seen just a few hours earlier at a Chinese restaurant near the corner of State Street and 4500 South. "She did look familiar. It was more the pink coat and also her look that did make me think it was her." She says the little girl was with a woman who occasionally would talk to the little girl. But she remembers the girl because she smiled at Neilson and stood next to her in the food line.

Below in bold I highlighted. Does that mean the coat is hers...among other items found or what? Also, I can't remember if Fairmont Park has a pond or not.
http://www.kutv.com/content/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=672e51b3-5062-462d-a6f6-883ebbcd7004

(snip)
After several more hours passed with no success in finding the girl, authorities issued an Amber Alert early Tuesday -- citing specific evidence that led them to believe that foul play might have been involved in her disappearance.

We are treating it as a foul play situation. The prospect that she may have been injured are surely strengthening for us," said South Salt Lake Police Chief Chris Snyder during a news conference on Tuesday afternoon. "This is a possible abduction. We have had leads as to articles of clothings, possible sightings... we are certainly concerned."

However, despite citing some evidence that led them to issue an Amber Alert, authorities did not reveal details of what was found or what scenario they are investigating.

Yeesh, Heart in my feet-
Just an fyi, the quotes about why the Amber Alert was initiated (evidence) is different than what Chris Snyder said at the early Pressconf today, IIRC he specifically said they hit the 24hr. mark that was what triggered the alert. He may have been coached?

They just said on TV that there is going to be another news conference held tonight at 8PM. I think they are going to talk to the little girl's family.

They just said on TV that there is going to be another news conference held tonight at 8PM. I think they are going to talk to the little girl's family.

RK- do you mean you think they are going to talk to the girls family now and then have the PC, or you think they are including the family at the PC?

Thanks RK, I heard 8 then 7 then 8 again. Now KSL says live presser at 7, girls father to speak to the media. At the below link there should be a feed eventually.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=10

On Nancy Grace/
Letting a 7 yr old walk down the street alone these days, is not a great idea. Where was this Aunt who was responsible for her? Why did they wait till 6:30pm to call police and look for this girl?? and why wait for an Amber alert 24 hours later, by now it is possible she is no longer alive!

1,000's of people are looking for her NOW! Thank goodness for the community volunteers.

On Nancy Grace/
Letting a 7 yr old walk down the street alone these days, is not a great idea. Where was this Aunt who was responsible for her? Why did they wait till 6:30pm to call police and look for this girl?? and why wait for an Amber alert 24 hours later, by now it is possible she is no longer alive!

1,000's of people are looking for her NOW! Thank goodness for the community volunteers.
I like NG, and most of the time I like her style, but sometimes she can be harsh. I do agree strongly with her on those points, but would just like to be considerate of the family. People really need to learn to protect against these very predatory, imo, untreatable sickos. Preventing this if possible even only once would be a start.

ETA: I really think that these people are from a completely different culture and may not at all be aware of these types of dangers, ntl.

Is anyone else getting the presser? All I've got is a black screen.

Hser has asthma. Stress and cold will set it off. She has no inhaler with her.

Omg, the family spent 20 years in a refuge camp. Their oldest child was born in camp.

On Nancy Grace/

Ideally, they would have called the police as soon as they found she was missing, but I think cultural and language differences are the main reasons. Well that and they may have thought they would find her. I also read that friends called the police for them, which for me is additional evidence that the language and cultural differences are significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*