UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s “unexpected” death last year, May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People who get fentanyl in epidural injections (and not just for childbirth) often itch all over, and the nurses should have Benadryl available if this happens. It's NOT an allergy.
Thank you for this. I've also heard similar side effects from all types of street-quality drugs. I recall the AA/toxicology indicating EK is not believed to have ingested pharmaceutical-grade fentanyl.

What’s scary is to look at her, she looks like a very normal, sweet, soccer mom. No one could imagine what lurked beneath.
I just watched a Utah news story with her promoting the book, a must-see. She appears so sweet and unassuming....frightening! MOO

O/T there is another book with same title Are You With Me?
Curious it got by… doesn’t that fall under infringement? Seems publisher would catch that.

Anyway, as they say she has bigger fish to fry.
moo

Yes, but in the UK, a coming-of-age book from 2007, published by Simon & Schuster UK. Maybe being overseas and indie caused it to get under S&S's radar. MOO
Titles of works (books, songs, etc.) are not usually copyrighted.

I just watched a Utah news story with her promoting the book, a must-see. She appears so sweet and unassuming....frightening! MOO

The news story here was much longer and extended than what I first saw, so thank you, @ar3593. It is frightening, she's went on and on milking the death for sympathy for her and the children, and she's the one who purposely, with actual cruelty, caused the death. :mad: There's 3 C's she mentioned, but I'd like to add one more C for Convicted, as in soon, she will be a Convicted Murderer. Hope it's fast and swift that her greedy behind is left behind bars.

The GTU Hosts now appearing on Dan Abrams News Nation:

Thanks, @Seattle1. Dan's interview never came on. I'll be able to locate it. However, I was able to watch this video. Supposedly, ER came from a well to do family.

Attorney, co-worker react to charges woman poisoned husband​

• A Utah mom was arrested for allegedly killing husband by lacing his drink
  • Attorney: "The state has put together a very compelling case"
  • Co-worker: Theirs was "a fairy tale relationship" and "seemed beautiful"

KR tells the longtime friend of both KR/ER from her days of cashiering at Home Depot that ER died of an aneurysm and the GTU lifestyle local show hosts husband's death was sudden and COVID related.

But coroner and toxicology proved her wrong! She's right up there with her class of sociopaths believing they are smarter than investigators. Thought only of herself and her dear children be damned. :mad:

UPDATE: Utah woman who wrote book about grief following husband's death faces murder charge

"During CPR, when responders asked where Eric’s medications were, warrants state she claimed not to know because 'the maid just puts medications in random places.'” [BBM because, that is just SO rich!]

"Kouri claimed her husband had a pain pill addiction in high school but no substance abuse issues since."

"Friends and family told police they did not notice any behavior indicative of drug use, and no pain killers were found in the family home."
She was already planting the seed for her defense...the ole' used to have substance abuse issues. So obvious !! Those poor boys. Can only imagine what she has been spinning to them about how he died. Pure evil...

MOO

5/9/23

In March, around the one-year anniversary of Eric’s death, Richins, 33, published a children’s book about a boy who’s lost his father called Are You With Me? She gave interviews promoting its release, and said she’d written it with her kids to help address some of the questions that had come up in the year since they’d lost their father. “It’s been a long, long year and difficult year,” she told public radio station KPCW. “Writing this book has brought a little peace to me, to me and my boys.” She hoped it would help other families going through similar losses, she’d said. The book’s sale page on Amazon has been removed.

[..]

Information recovered from Richins’ cell phone also revealed communications with an acquaintance of Richins’ who is identified in court records as C.L., court filings reveal. According to the warrant, C.L. had a record of drug charges, including multiple charges for possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute. In a May 2, 2023, interview with detectives, C.L. said that between December 2021 and February 2022, Richins had asked C.L. for some prescription pain medication. It was for an investor with a back injury, she’d said. C.L. had gotten her some hydrocodone pills.

[..]

On Monday, Richins made her initial court appearance via Webex. A judge advised her of the charges, and spoke with her attorney Skye Lazaro in a virtual breakout room. Richins is being held without bail in Summit County Jail until a detention hearing set for May 19.

Children’s author accused of murder allegedly had history of trying to poison husband

More details are at link. Wanted to organize things a bit and have it in one place (my records)and thought I'd post it as well. There is so much information to this case and still more unknown.

• On June 15, 2013, K & E were married and the two reportedly signed a premarital agreement.
  • As a result of the marriage, there are 3 children all under the age of 10.
  • KR owned realty agency and ER was the co-owner of a stone masonry company.
  • In 2020, KR 1st attempt to kill ER (in Greece). ER became ill after a drink his wife had given him.
  • In 2022, KR 2nd attempt to kill ER on Valentine’s Day (EpiPen/Benadryl) he bit into a sandwich brought to him by his wife.
  • ER changed will & life ins from KR to his sister. Began to look into divorce, and wanted to make sure the children were taken care of.
  • K & E arguing about an over-million dollar home KR wanted to “flip.” ER family said he planned to tell her he wasn’t going to finalize the deal.
  • KR reportedly told police that they were “celebrating” the closure of the house and that ER had taken a shot of alcohol and a THC gummy. An autopsy report showed ER had over five times the lethal dosage of fentanyl in his system, which was reportedly ingested orally.
  • In the aftermath of ER death, KR purportedly wrote a children’s book Are You With Me?
  • On May 4, 2023, days before she was charged with ER’s murder, KR posted a video to her personal Facebook page. The video shows a slideshow of photos of the family.
  • KR set forth a claim totaling $3,641,549.28. According to the claim, her premarital agreement with Eric guaranteed her a $2 million ownership interest in ER’s stone masonry company. She also claimed $1.3 million for their family home as well as money for mortgage payments, construction costs, and personal property.
  • On May 8, 2023, KR was arrested and charged with aggravated murder and three counts of drug possession with intent to distribute.

The news story here was much longer and extended than what I first saw, so thank you, @ar3593. It is frightening, she's went on and on milking the death for sympathy for her and the children, and she's the one who purposely, with actual cruelty, caused the death. :mad: There's 3 C's she mentioned, but I'd like to add one more C for Convicted, as in soon, she will be a Convicted Murderer. Hope it's fast and swift that her greedy behind is left behind bars.

She talks so flat, and in the first few moments has a fleeting smirk?

KR tells the longtime friend of both KR/ER from her days of cashiering at Home Depot that ER died of an aneurysm and the GTU lifestyle local show hosts husband's death was sudden and COVID related.

But coroner and toxicology proved her wrong! She's right up there with her class of sociopaths believing they are smarter than investigators. Thought only of herself and her dear children be damned. :mad:
Yep, caught both. She can't keep her lies straight. moo

Thanks, @Seattle1. Dan's interview never came on. I'll be able to locate it. However, I was able to watch this video. Supposedly, ER came from a well to do family.
Strange. It aired here on the west coast. The hosts told Dan Abrams that after KR appeared on the show, the producer received an anonymous email alleging the guest was a killer, and the next day, one of the hosts received a FB message also alerting that KR was under investigation for murder, and soon after received a copy of the search warrant. o_O

In 2020, KR 1st attempt to kill ER (in Greece). ER became ill after a drink his wife had given him.
Snipped for focus

Very strange to go to Greece in early COVID. I'll bet it was her idea, so she could disguise the poisoning as COVID contracted on the plane.
Also, perhaps an autopsy would be done in Greece if she was successful. She might have assumed it would be less rigorous than in the US.

I can’t even imagine having to tell the boys it was their mother who cause their fathers death. It’s rare to see so much evil in a woman, but then again we are seeing more and more of it. I’m so baffled how brazen she is to actually write a book! She wanted to cash in on as much as she could from his death.

5/11/23

The wife and murder suspect, Kouri Richins, is a licensed real estate sales agent, records with the Utah Department of Commerce’s real estate division show. According to a search warrant affidavit filed in the homicide case, she had wanted to “flip” the house in question, but her husband, Eric Richins, “was planning on telling her that he wasn’t going to sign the papers” because he thought they would lose a lot of money.

[..]

The next day, she closed on the multimillion-dollar property alone, the document says.

[..]

Eric had wanted a divorce, according to the affidavit. Following his death, a probate dispute over his estate, as well as a separate dispute over his trust, ignited in civil court between Kouri Richins and Eric’s sister Katie Richins-Benson, court records show.

[..]

This week, following Kouri Richins’ arrest, Kouri filed a motion in the trust case requesting that the trust case and estate case be stayed pending the outcome of the homicide case. The sister disagreed.

“The Estate must be administered regardless of what is happening with Kouri’s criminal prosecution,” a response from the sister in the trust case states. “The administration of the Estate cannot and should not be put on hold waiting for the outcome of the murder charges against Kouri, a process that could take years.”

The sister also filed a motion Wednesday in the estate case that requested that Kouri Richins be disqualified from receiving any benefits under Eric’s estate, “otherwise preventing Kouri from in any way profiting from Eric’s death.” The motion cited the ongoing homicide case.

Kouri’s motion in the trust case states, “Kouri should not be forced to choose between waiving her constitutional rights or effectively forfeiting her civil claims.”

As of Thursday afternoon, a judge had not made a decision on the motions.

1683858318949.png

(KPCW.org via AP) This photo provided by KPCW.org shows Kouri Richins at the KPCW studio in Park City, Utah, April 12, 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unique sky 6793