UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s “unexpected” death last year, May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KR tells the longtime friend of both KR/ER from her days of cashiering at Home Depot that ER died of an aneurysm and the GTU lifestyle local show hosts husband's death was sudden and COVID related.

But coroner and toxicology proved her wrong! She's right up there with her class of sociopaths believing they are smarter than investigators. Thought only of herself and her dear children be damned. :mad:
Yes! I was just about to comment in that as well. First an aneurysm, then Covid. Crazy…..

Snipped for focus

Very strange to go to Greece in early COVID. I'll bet it was her idea, so she could disguise the poisoning as COVID contracted on the plane.
Also, perhaps an autopsy would be done in Greece if she was successful. She might have assumed it would be less rigorous than in the US.
It completely boggles my mind how hard she was trying to get rid of him. I’m not sure if I’ve ever read of any case quite like this one. Well, I’m sure there are some, but not followed so closely.

Prenuptial Agreement? Control of Estate?
MONEY was the motive. She had no idea she'd been removed from the will, and she wanted his estate. Given that his family was influential, I imagine the estate was worth a pretty penny.
Since she sued for control of the estate as granted in her prenup, I'm guessing the prenup stated that she would lose everything granted to her if the marriage ended in divorce.
@azure. Thanks for your post. After reading just several posts, I'm jumping in.

You or anyone have link, more info re the prenup?
Same re her suit to "control the estate"?
TiA

Wow. I rarely make commentary about the aesthetics of anything or anyone, but that looks like some kind of suburban nighmare. Or something I would have made in The Sims because I don't know anything about architecture.
It scared the crap out of me. Reminded me of that video Gray Hughes made of the layout of the house and the path the killer may have taken, from the killer’s point of view, in the Idaho murders. I kept bracing myself to see a dog sitting in a doorway all of a sudden.

If they were both signing on the purchase of the home, how in the heck did she close it without him? What happened with the house once she listed it for sale? Did it sell?

April 12, 2023 -- KR appears at 8:30 AM for the NPR morning show to promote the book.

It's a 12-minute interview. NR reveals she's not religious but seems to catch herself -- given the sequel book is titled 'Mom, How Far Away is Heaven.'

From the interview, seems KR found a one-stop shopping ghost rider, illustrator, and publisher in CA but I can't find any business by the name "Book Riding Writing Lane" - hmmm.

More searches indicate "Independently Published" or Amazon Digital Services, LLC as the Publisher.

I dunno, when describing her own children grieving, I found her voice and diction a bit too cheery and struggle to think she had any empathy but I also think it might have been something to hold over the head of her 10 yr old.

Regardless, if her children did participate in this project (esp the 10 yr old) and were excited to see it in print, and eager to share the book which seems to have great illustrations, then I'm heartbroken for them being the collateral damage. JMO

ETA: Book Writing Lane

Last edited:
April 12, 2023 -- KR appears at 8:30 AM for the NPR morning show to promote the book.

It's a 12-minute interview. NR reveals she's not religious but seems to catch herself -- given the sequel book is titled 'Mom, How Far Away is Heaven.'

From the interview, seems KR found a one-stop shopping ghost rider, illustrator, and publisher in CA but I can't find any business by the name "Book Riding Lane" - hmmm.

More searches indicate "Independently Published" or Amazon Digital Services, LLC as the Publisher.

I dunno, when describing her own children grieving, I found her voice and diction a bit too cheery and struggle to think she had any empathy but I also think it might have been something to hold over the head of her 10 yr old.

Regardless, if her children did participate in this project (esp the 10 yr old) and were excited to see it in print, and eager to share the book which seems to have great illustrations, then I'm heartbroken for them being the collateral damage. JMO

How about Book Writing Lane?

Snipped from article:

“The instructions were included in Richins's Living Trust and Estate obtained by DailyMail.com and written without his wife's knowledge in 2020.

In it he named his older sister, Katie Richins-Benson, 38, as his trustee, not his wife, and listed conditions under which she should take control of his estate. These included, 'Detention, Disappearance or Absence.'

He wrote: 'I will be considered incapacitated if I have an unexplained disappearance or absence for more than 30 days, or if I am detained under duress. My disappearance, absence, or detention under duress may be established by an affidavit of my Trustee.'

His will also clearly stated, 'Kouri Richins shall not be allowed to serve as Trustee of my Trust, or any trust established under the terms of my Trust.'

The document went onto limit Richins's access to his estate, valued at more than $3.6million.

Rather than leave Kouri any guaranteed sum he left if for his sister, or any succeeding Trustee, to make 'discretionary distributions' to her, instructing that they should consider 'other known resources available to Kouri' and the 'legitimacy' of any demands for money.”
Question for our Attorney friends here - how does this secret trust work when the wife signed a prenup saying she gets everything if he dies? <modsnip - no link>

Last edited by a moderator:
The news story here was much longer and extended than what I first saw, so thank you, @ar3593. It is frightening, she's went on and on milking the death for sympathy for her and the children, and she's the one who purposely, with actual cruelty, caused the death. :mad: There's 3 C's she mentioned, but I'd like to add one more C for Convicted, as in soon, she will be a Convicted Murderer. Hope it's fast and swift that her greedy behind is left behind bars.

Love that! Convicted!

Strange. It aired here on the west coast. The hosts told Dan Abrams that after KR appeared on the show, the producer received an anonymous email alleging the guest was a killer, and the next day, one of the hosts received a FB message also alerting that KR was under investigation for murder, and soon after received a copy of the search warrant. o_O

Now we know that Eric did not agree with the signing of that mansion and was in fact making it pretty much impossible for her to go ahead with it, and that she signed on the house on the day AFTER she murdered him. So, what the heck were they "celebrating" with that drink in bed?

It scared the crap out of me. Reminded me of that video Gray Hughes made of the layout of the house and the path the killer may have taken, from the killer’s point of view, in the Idaho murders. I kept bracing myself to see a dog sitting in a doorway all of a sudden.
I actually had to stop doing the virtual tour, it was weirdly upsetting.

(I’ve seen a different 3D render of the Moscow scene/path (the one by a TikTok user), but I can easily envision what you mean, and yikes.)

I think he stayed because of the kids, because he knew she would most likely make it really hard for him to see them and co-parent. And I highly suspect divorce wouldn't exactly be financially beneficial for either of them as they both had their own business ventures and it sounded like they needed each other's income.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper